Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Weather is certainly changing--from 61 down to the 20's tonight. The storms are south of us and praying that all stay safe.

Good to read all the news. My day went as planned and now I am soooo tired. Tomorrow I will probably get my part of the cottage finished. Still haven't heard back from the tech for the computer.

Tomorrow's word is STRENGTH!

pyf1t42xl4f1.jpg

Jonathan, our Yorkie and Billie's friend. Now you see him; now you don't.
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

LindieMaeP..not sure if Amigo can have just plain tuna, but here's my tale. I had a pup that was ready to give up, you could see in her eyes she was almost done. I opened a can of tuna..just straight tuna in water. Took a few drops to put on her nose, several times, as she licked it off something clicked, the light came back on in her eyes and she ended up devouring most of that tuna..well about half then and half later. I was afraid if she ate too much too fast it would rebel and come back up. It was the ONLY thing that turned the trick for her..perhaps might help Amigo?? Just an idea.
    Gail..love the pic of Jonathan...going ..going ..gone!! Yorkies are so cute !! And Billie is so entertaining!!
    I think I have about pushed it for today..time to get the pups tucked in and I suspect I will follow them shortly!
    OH..Diane!!! We have about 2 inches of snow is all..not enough thas for sure..but it sure was pretty coming down this AM..I had seriously hoped for more..But it might be headed your way..one can hope!!
    Lucy..Be cautious and be safe!!
    Nite ya'al...I'mma done....................
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,252 Member
    Options
    @lindiemaep ,,,, Oh hon, so sorry about Amigo!! Have you tried all organic baby food or pumpkin puree organic or no additives? Cats LOVE THEM BOTH!! With the baby food it has to be one without veggies, ,,, for the first stage of just trying to eat. Most cats will one or both of those when they'll eat nothing else. TY TY TY TY for visiting the Challenge feed and leaving a comment!! BIG HELP!! LOL EVENTUALLY we'll get snow, but, I still do not how we'll get the snow off the car, so I am still at a loss, but we know it'll happen. Meeting was very good, I had a friend pick me up,,, I am so not sure of what's going on, but I've been so unwell. Hopefully over the next 3 or 4 weeks the answers will be there.
    @bhsuzycue ,,, Ohhhh I remember after having a long weekend off from work,,, LOL IT DRAGGED MORE!! And the shorter weeks at school (2nd graders, I was a foster Grandmother, they called me Grandma) the kids were SO MUCH WILDER!!! LOL I'd get to laughing so hard. Hopefully next week will be it's normal. The weather now is just CRAZY all the time!
    @nbruns83 ,,, Awwww we agree @Lavalily!! SURE HOPE You are still safe!
    @Cseguin2 ,,, WOOHOO on the loss and getting things DONE!! I got a few things done I really wanted, but yesterday I REALLY DID to much!! YUMMY YUMMY they are fortunate you are there!
    @Novembergail,,, I just switched over to the Weather Channel to see how things are going. OH SURE HOPE everyone is alright!! Yesterday was 50 today was 36 tomorrow 53 ,, the weather is insane. Just along the coast we'll have gusting winds up to 50 MPH.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,481 Member
    Options
    vwqzwudv0a5e.jpg
    Amigo by his water dish, I went out to get pics of the snow as it is still snowing!! When I came through the front door he was there, then went and lay down on the rug at my bedroom door. I decided to open yet another can of food and he was half way through the kitchen as he heard his food door open! He mowed so I opened the can and gave him 2 tsp in one of his bowls and he liked up all the gravey! @Dianedoessmiles1 where would I find pumpkin puree and how much? Is it the one used for pie filling ? Tomorrow after service group I will go get some chicken broth, hopefully no onions or that in it, low sodium otherwise I am gonna go buy some chicken feet and make my own broth.
    @KatieCondy1 I have a can of tuna, although cats should not drink the water, I might Crack it open and try the tuna too!! Thanks!!
    je9f82vmfcgg.jpg
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,231 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. I am doing well and my daughter is doing well from her surgery. Things are going well here. I am back at work today. I am not looking forward to it. I am really just wanting to take the time off.

@majork29 - I hope you stay warm today. It looks so cold when you look at the negative symbol.
    @NovemberGail - My daughters surgery went well. She had tonsils removed and her uvula partial removed. So she is going to be sore for a while. She should have less pain in 5 days or so they say.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I hope we develop that relationship too. I would rather be called Mom versus my name. My daughter is doing well she is feeling ok or she was when I left her apartment last night at 6 pm.
    @Kurtize - Thank you. Her surgery went well. She is recovering. Her boyfriend will be taking watch on her today so I can be at work.
    @LindieMaeP - I am hoping Amigo does well with that liver. My daughters surgery went well. She is back at her apartment with her boyfriend. He is taking care of her today so I can work. No pie filling just straight up puree.
    @bhsuzycue - The weather is the same here 54 yesterday. Then today snow. We did not get a lot of snow though. Not is is windy and cold.
    @CSEGUIN2 - The food sounds great. I am sure you will keep the scale going in the right direction.
    @Marileighea - That is great that your taste buds are back. I am sorry that the dogs bark until about 11 pm. Is there something you can do about that?

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,125 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Good morning it is a nice -17C this morning. I think that this is the high for the day. Going to be -22C tonight. As long as we have no wind I will take the puppy out for a short walk. If the wind comes up I am going to try and see how he does on my treadmill....
  • walkintofit
    walkintofit Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Good morning, as I am typing I can hear and owl hooting and the dogs barking. It sounds like they are bickering back and forth. Too bad I don't have a night spotting scope to see the owl. Such a beautiful bird. I need to get ready to head to a meeting. Hope it isn't a long one.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    It's 21 feels like 21 with a high of 43 for today. Insight Timer Quote: Happiness lies not in finding what is missing, but in finding what is present.--Tara Brach I AM: I open my mind to the endless opportunities. Axe Sharpening: Without commitment, we'll never start. Without consistency, we'll never finish. Commitment to your purpose and consistency with your actions is what separates the dreamers from the doers.--Kerri Hayes 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times. Fitness quote for today: Push yourself because, no one else is going to do it for you.--courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: When the storm rages around you, close your eyes and remember brighter days because the storm never lasts forever. The sun finds it's way to shine again.--unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 15,191 steps yesterday.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    @Kurtize same situation with my Tater, each place has quoted higher and higher prices, he hardly has any teeth left, and don't want to take back. Just too expensive!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a very windy and cool day here today. my daughter says hi to all.both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk this afternoon and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day,everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    Busy feed. Take care everyone. Be safe lavalily.
    Night all. It’s Wednesday pm here
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,670 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, well the weather changed, very nice today, now thunder storm Friday. We shall see.
    @Tabatha_Cain so glad the surgery went well.
    Nothing more knew here. Have a great rest of the day.
    Blessings all.

Daily Affirmation - I have continuous and unlimited access to the infinite
    and eternal energies of Spirit.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Sun decided to come out today..it even got up to a roaring 38 degrees!!
    Since I was feeling a bit better I decided to make some Naan bread and veggie soup..but somehow some chunks of sausage fell into it..so it is now tomato sausage soup..hee hee. But indeed it took all I had to do that bit, so sitting watching Jeopardy. Fastest half hour on tv ..seems it just starts and is done. But then I love word games.
    Diane..As you so often tell me..ya gotta slow down..and ya gotta go to bed to get your rest! I hope they have some answers for you soon. This has dragged on for too long.
    So Amigo did at least lick up some gravy!! Hurrah for first step. I hope he continues that path.
    Waving hello at everyone..just still a lil easily worn out..so think I will kick back and just knit for a bit!
    ya'al have a good evening.

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a busy, cold day. Even snowed this afternoon and evening. So far nothing's really sticking. Did some laundry, worked on Christmas cards, and ran some errands all before going to work. For dinner the residents had chicken breast that was done like poaching in seasoned chicken broth to keep it moist, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots, a choice of 2 soups and rice krispie squares that I added a little cocoa to the marshmallows. Love when my residents give me feedback on my cooking. They definitely do vary. From never having anything but praise to the ones who will tell you exactly what they didn't like right down to the black pepper LoL. Normally tomorrow would be my Friday but nope not for the foreseeable future as we only have 2 cooks who can work the week days. Life just got busier.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,252 Member
    Options
    HI All!! Busy so busy of a day. I'll be back tomorrow. Did crap out @Lindiemaep ,, LOL I needed to.
    ALL OF THAT SNOW!! COOL!!!! We had winds gusting up to 50 Plus, I kept my powah, but many around me did not. ALWAYS live wherah the fire/police stations are , or at least on the same grid!! HINT HINT!!