Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Three of my dil’s call me by my first name. The one who did call me Mom is now divorced! Of the others, one and I are besties, one treats me like an older friend, but the third and I are the best mother-daughter team ever!
    @Lindamaep - Amigo is a beautiful cat.
    I think I can stop complaining how cold it is in SoCal, now! I’ve seen fresh-falling snow twice.
    Stay warm!
  • Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Ps B)
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - we accidentally live on same grid as Sheriff…good hint, especially to those like us who experience lots of power outtages.
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    nrk5ivf8di6c.jpg

WELCOME DECEMBER AND ANOTHE YEAR COMING TO A CLOSE.

ENJOY A WONDERFUL START OF A NEW MONTH :)
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,442 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is packing day so that we can go back to my fiance's parents for the weekend. We have so much to do. I am excited to be going back. I love that I am able to go and spend time with his parents and then go to my daughters and then we also go to his friends who all live closer to that area. I am going to try and work from home this weekend on Saturday and see if I can make any extra money. I am loving the thought of making extra money.

@majork29 - It is suppose to be cold here too. I have a manual treadmill. I need to pull it out and start using it.
    @walkintofit - I love the sound of the owl. They are so cool. I hope your meeting doesn't run long?
    @Kurtize - We got super windy yesterday and it made it really cold in the office all day long.
    @katiecondy1 - Sorry you still get worn out easily. I have never had Naan bread. Is it good? I love cabbage and sausage soup. It is really good.
    @Dpecora653 - I bet she tires you out. She is a cutie. It is nice to get back to the normal routines though.
    @CSEGUIN2 - The food sounds so great. I would love some of your recipes if you can spare some.
    @NovemberGail - I am going to have to remember that for my cats as well. They will at some point need that I am sure.
    @LindieMaeP - I am sorry about Amigo. I had hoped he would recover as well. I do know working is definitely funds for the wedding account. I just was not feeling it yesterday.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - That is a good idea. It will make sure that you are one of the first to get power back if you actually lose it.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,579 Member
    Options
    It's 27 feels like 20 with a high of 50 for today. Insight Timer Quote: Let go of who you think you're supposed to be; embrace who you are.--Brene Brown I AM: I always see the best in others. Axe Sharpening: Getting it done on the days that you don't feel like showing up are the days that separate you from the pack.--Mike Counihan Action for Happiness: Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others. Fitness quote for today: Remember that any exercise is better than no exercise--courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational quote for today: Learn not to give a damn. You'll be happier.--unknown Almost closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 but did have 11,128 steps yesterday.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,737 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a cool and windy day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job after school today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run this morning and i really enjoyed it! i went for a walk a while ago to drop off some extra clothes to the clothing drop box near my place. i like to help others whenever i can. i will be doing some dancing later on. i am all caught up on my housework today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,645 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, it's a cold icy day today, have to be very careful while out. Amigo ate a little with Gene last night and then this morning I added some chicken broth to his food and he ate a bit of that, he is drinking water, so he's getting that at least. I have to give him his medicine at 5:30 and Gene can feed him when he gets home. I don't let his food sit for too many hours, it's not good and bacteria grows in it. I'll add some chicken brothe to the next one too - just a tsp is enough.I brought him into my room and put him on the lazygurl chair but nope not having it, went back to his water dish and lay down - he should be sleeping but he's not ... unusual
    tnc4bjx4qlmf.jpg
    I brought him into my room for a bit and put on some relaxing music for him on the computer but he wasn't having it so I took my Ipad and put on something with a purring cat and put it out where he is. He's breathing anyway and when he is done his meds, which I think is making him thirsty for water, I will start giving him plain greek yogurt, he does like that but not a lot enough to give him some probiotics that he could use.
    @Tabatha_Cain I know how you feel, I used to have days like tht as well then I would take a mental health day, but not very often, when I left work I had almost 500 sick day credits! Course I am retired now and very happy about that. Hope your day went well.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 um crap? lol I had to giggle on that one - was you volunteering outside ? Yes this is a busy week for you with the CO visiting and all the activities that go with. Just be sure to pace yourself - For me I remember Barzillai and how he expressed to King David, that he recognized his limitations in his older years, so I know I can't do as much as I used to but accept what I can do and am happy with that. That and dark chocolate get me through the day LOL
    @Marileighea thank you, he is a good boy for sure, and will miss him as all my furbabies. HaHa on the fresh falling snow, I live in vancouver, which for years was referred to raincouver because this is naturally rain forrested area that is now a cement city in places, but we have lots of green spaces for a city.
    @Everyone I hope your Friday is going well, and you have an enjoyable stressfree weekend too. I don't ahve too much planned, but am having an "annual" Korean BBQ with family on the 4th.
    nhucfewoev55.gif

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    We took the car into GMC to get some recall items taken care of. It took 2 hours, I didn't mind, hubby was getting anxious. They said it would be about an hour. I never believe repair men or weathermen.
    LOL.

Affirmation for the day.

Exercise: Write your most worrisome trouble on a piece of paper and feed it to the fire. Send your troubles up in smoke. Breathe deeply and rejoice.

Trust in the Light.
    Darkness is not a force -
    it is merely the absence of light.
    Observe that when a light is brought to a dark place,
    the darkness disappears.
    Sadness is similar -
    when joy is brought to suffering, the sadness disappears.
    Open yourself to the Light!
    Hold back nothing, Trust in the Light.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    A very quiet chilly day here. Still some snow on the ground and the temps are dropping rapidly since the sun dipped behind the mountains.
    I had to laugh at Dianes hint about power. Where I used to live was pretty rural ..nah it was Really Rural..but my road got plowed every day. A judge from the neighboring town lived a half mile further down the road from me and he HAD to get to town daily..heehee Good choice on my part aye!!
    Naan bread is basically an East Indian flat bread. It can be baked or fried, for time efficiency I fried mine.
    It was all gone when I woke this AM..so reckon it was a good choice of "something new" to try. I get bored cooking the same ole thing over and over and love to try out new stuff. Sometimes to a tune of "ick what is that" and sometimes to the tune of "yeah make that again".
    I got up with lots of ideas of what I would accomplish today..my body did not agree with me even a lil bit. So..I did what I could and that is good enough! Pushing it is not a great idea at this point ..I have had enough people tell me that ...it finally did soak into my hard lil head!
    Diane..you get some rest and I suspect I shall be doing the very same thing...
    Good night ya'al.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

For those who want my recipes I am sorry to disappoint. When cooking I mainly wing it. Plus with the residents the company tends to buy prepackaged and mixes. Got to love when you just have to add water and margarine.

Today was a beautiful day with sun. Had a very productive day. Did a few step-ups, laundry, dishes, and have almost all my Christmas cards that need to go in the mail ready. Just have to wait until the weekend when I get a few gift cards that have to be mailed with a couple of them. I am mailing about 40 cards this year. I still have all the family and TOPS ones to do. I also made my to do list for Christmas. I know I am missing something but oh well. For dinner the residents had shepherds pie, a slice of bread, salad, tomato soup, gravy and fruit cocktail. Today while doing laundry and looking at all that still has to be done I started running through the pro's and con's of doing laundry at the laundry mat. Need to really think this through maybe writing it down will help.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,573 Member
    Options
    @Marileigha ,,, Sounds so nice to get along nicely with all of your DIL. Our high was 37 today. WOOHOO on seeing snow! Hehehehehe oh my yes!! Pays to know the area, even if you learnt by accident!
    @Dpecora653 ,, A new month, and end to another year. Let's see what we can each to do to end it the way we wish.
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, OH yes, ENJOY the weekend!! WOOHOO if you can work some for the wedding, though ALL that's REALLY needed are the bride/groom/and someone to officiate the service. Everything else is really extra.
    @Patti241,,, Patti was a fun day?
    @Cormierannie,,, Glad you enjoyed the day!! That's great.
    @Lindiemaep ,,, So sorry that Amigo is struggling so much. It hits a point I take mine back to the vet, crying as they lay there peacefully going to sleep in my arms, but won't wake up. It's easier for the kitty cat, but never for us. I am enjoying the CO. Thanks!!!
    @Kurtize ,,, WOOHOO on the recall items being fixed up and taken care of!! We had taken the Honda in during October for one, plus an oil change (Their sign said 175$$ FOR AN OIL CHANGE??? SICK ) tire rotation and can't remember else, plus the state inspection using a coupon and it was only $29 TOTAL!! WOOHOO!!! If they did not send the coupon, we'd not have it done there!
    @Katiecondy1 ,,,, Brrr huh? I loved the "it'll be sunrise at some point" "Sunrise" Day time "Sunset" "Hmmm yeah it's really light out for a long time" When we lived in Colorado. ITs just so different then here. Here's it's "Oh it's getting light QUICK lets watch the sunrise" Day time "Sunset" "DARK in less than 10 to 15 mins TOPS. LOLOL on the Judge living down the road from you!! NICE WAY to keep plowed. I LOVE the city, yet I also LONG for quietness. Where I grew up was "city" but it was the upper end and quiet.
    @Cseguin2 ,,,, As long as the residents like the food , ,, WOOHOO!!! And it does sound good. If I didn't have to be careful I'd want to eat there too! On the laundry mat,,,, if there's a lot of stuff to be done, it's way more time efficient to just grab and throw it in and have it caught up. I know a few who have to do this. Not everyone is like myself, not working, no responsibilities towards others in the household, we have it so much easier, but back in the days of the kid (LOL who loved to sometimes change 3 to 5 outfits a DAY until I taught her to do her own) it wasn't nearly as easy. TIme is money also.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I must be getting older since it is only 9:27 p.m. and my body is saying, "Go to bed." The day was beautiful and managed to get in over 10,000 steps walking.

The word that came up tonight was PURIFICATION. I pulled another one to offset the first -- Beauty/Joy

llrsrpmil1sd.jpg

This was one of the paths I walked today.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,442 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope everyone is doing well this morning. Today is a good day. It is Friday. I am hoping that everything will go alright and that things are going to go smoothly today. I am having to take my scale with me to Joe's parents house this weekend so that I can get on the scale and weigh myself. I am ready to get this weight off. Tomorrow we are going Christmas shopping and I am suppose to work from home a little bit while Joe is at work. I have to bring my laptop home tonight and we will see if I can get in there and get some work done. I hope I can. I need to make more money.

@cormierannie - Nice on going for the walk and getting your house work up to date. That is always something that needs to get done here at the house. I need to get it done more often.
    @LindieMaeP - Well here is hoping he will get better. It is good that he isn't wanting to sleep all the time. Maybe he is gaining strength. He looks adorable sitting there. He just really likes his spot. I think it is just that I want to be able to relax and deal with the wedding stuff and not work. I want to live and breathe the wedding. I am just that excited about it.
    @Kurtize - That is typically how it goes. They say one time and then it takes longer.
    @katiecondy1 - I am trying new things as well. I know some foods are met with resistance and some are not. We will see if this weeks foods are met with resistance.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Do you do laundry at the laundry mat now? I find they tend to be a pain in the butt. I just cannot get over all the time you have to sit there with your clothes. If you were home you could walk away and go to the store or do something else but at a laundromat you have to sit there with your clothing. At least you do here in my town. I still have to get my Christmas cards out in the mail.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - That is true. That is why I have decided not to really decorate the church. I want to just concentrate on the reception. No real decorations for the wedding part. I may change my mind. I just have not found anything I really want to do with the church.
    @NovemberGail - I get that notice too about 9:30. I am in bed about 8:30 so Joe and I can watch tv before bed. It is a nice way to unwind from the day.

Well it is time to get ready to get some food. I hope you all have a great and wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    mcn5r5tuimc1.jpg

Thought for the day:

Be the reason someone feels welcomed, seen, heard, valued, loved and supported

Have a Fabulous Friday :)
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,579 Member
    Options
    It's 48 feels like 42 with a high of 58 and windy today. Insight Timer Quote: Her own thoughts and reflections were habitually her best companions.--Jane Austen I AM: I deserve reciprocated love. Axe Sharpening: Be intentional about the present moment or you'll find yourself unable to truly appreciate what is happening in your life.--Laurin Conlin 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: Contact someone you can't be with to see how they are. Fitness quote for today: It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.--Babe Ruth Motivational quote for today: Don't try to understand everything. Sometimes it isn't meant to be understood, but to be accepted.--unknown Didn't close all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 but had 11,638 steps yesterday.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,737 Member
    Options
    @LindieMaeP : glad to hear that Amigo is doing better. i'll keep him,you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    good morning everyone! it is a mostly cloudy day here today and not as cold as it was yesterday. tomorrow morning is calling for rain and gusting winds. the afternoon is dry and very windy tomorrow. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago to drop off some more extra clothes to the clothing drop box near my place. i like to help others whenever i am able to do so. i will be dancing later on. have a great day,everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, @LindieMaeP hope Amigo is feeling better. Overcast, a little rain about 60 outside.
    Wishing you a great rest of the day.

fjd8mbzpnro5.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,573 Member
    Options
    @Novembergail ,, PURDY PURDY!! I was in bed and ALSEEP last night at 12:15 last night, normally it's 2 to 2:30 AM, but ZZZZ and I slept til 6:30!! WOOHOO!!
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Hopefully today work was really smmoooootttthhhh and worked out well for you. Hopefully your laptop will do what you wish over the weekend, so you can bring in extra cash. That'd be nice. ALL Eyes should be on the BRIDE! LOL why decorate in the church when the prettiest thing to look at is YOU!!???
    @Dpecora653 ,,, Always a good message, look to do others good, and in turn we do ourselves even that more good. It's a total win/win!
    @Patti241 ,, HI Patti!!! What a nice day out!! Sure it's colder, but it's still nice! Yesterday we FINALLY had snwo showers!!
    @Cormierannie ,,,We have that same weather coming on up. We get it both from the south and west as do many northern states. I do not mind that though.
    @Kurtize,, awwww cute puppy!!! Hope you enjoy the weekend too!!