Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

For the last several years I have been doing our laundry by hand. I do enjoy doing it that way and much cheaper than going to the laundry mat. But with working now it might be time to sit at a laundry mat. We don't have laundry services in our building.

Today was another productive day. Does this mean by Monday morning I will feel dead to the world? Most likely. Dishes, laundry and 2/3 of Christmas cards are done. Also did my pro's and con's list about doing my laundry at the laundry mat. Looks like I will give this a shot just not sure if I will get it in the loop before the new year. Tonight was a slow night at work. Most of the residents that came for dinner were in within the first hour. Got out of work early tonight. Makes up for the nights we work past the end of our shift. The residents had chicken cordon blue, mashed potatoes, gravy, California mix, soup and apple crisp. The apple crisp never finished cooking in time but it was still good.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,408 Member
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,,, Dearest Linda, hon I'm so very very very sorry. I was hoping he'd be okay. Izzy kitty is under the bed right now, but it may be LOL because I had "the kid" yesterday, and she is so jealous of him it's sort of funny, though it's not. It'll be a few days before she's "forgives" me. Either that or her breathing is off, it's happening more and more. I have no clue how long she's with me, but I am enjoying her as I can. I know you both did well by Amigo, and he was ONE LOVED KITTY CAT who lived a very excellent and spoiled life AS HE SHOULD of. It hurts to lose them though. When Izzy goes I am not sure if it's fair to bring in another one, since my own health keeps on playing games. I did go out with the group today. LOL I went into the "quiet" room, but hmmm I went in to see if a friend was in there, yes she was, another friend said "oh I am following Diane!" the 3 of us had a great time, but the room was ANYTHING BUT QUIET!! The 3 of us are lively characters. I am going out tomorrow too on Zoom again. I'll be thinking of you and Gene, because it sure does hurt. I am so sorry hon.
    @Cseguin2 ,,, We have machines in the building, but I've considered getting a portable washer and washer, they are pretty neat and not expensive (if that's an issue) to run. it's better than washing clothes by hand. Glad work went well and you got a LOT done today!! WOOHOO!!!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Novembergail,, LOL Yeah in the city we never get asked if we see cows in the road. LOL!! THOUGH occasionally a moose or deer will make its way into city, rarely, but does happen a black bear. That picture is pretty cool. Kinda looks like an animal going up a tree.
  • Dpecora653
    Dpecora653 Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    56817xhsmizv.jpg

Thought of the day:
    As long as you don't give up
    Nothing Matters!

Have a SENSATIONAL SATURDAY :)
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a good morning. This morning I will be taking my fiance into work and then getting back to his parents. I do have to get a oil change today. That is something I am going to do right away this morning. I want it done and out of the way. That way there isn't an issue. We have not yet started getting ready for work so I don't have to get dressed yet. This weekend is hopefully going to be a good weekend. I want it to be nice and relaxing.

@cormierannie - Nice that you got in a strength training workout it. I would go for a walk here today but it is raining.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I was thinking that we really should not need much decoration in the church. It is pretty modern look. So we might be able to get an arch from the church. I will know more once they actually assign us a coordinator. They have yet to do that and I am getting panicked. Joe tells me to slow down that we have time but I want it all planned and done.
    @LindieMaeP - The laptop is doing well. I am adjusting to the new one. I share with my Fiance. It is really nice. During the week I use it because he has his desktop gaming computer but then on the weekends we go to his parents he gets to use it for gaming. It works out really well. I like being able to use the new laptop. It is cold here too and we are getting rain which my old computer has been calling snow. So maybe a winter mix? I am sorry you might be having to put Amigo down. I know that is going to be hard on you. Animals are so important to all of us.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Sorry that the dessert did not get finished in time. It was still good though. I am sure. It all sounds good everything you are cooking. It is nice when we can get out of work early. I got out of work early on Friday. My voice is really hoarse and I am unable to really talk to customers. So I went home early from work to try and save my voice. It is not really working. I am trying though.
    @NovemberGail - that is cute. Cows on the road. That truly only happens in the country. I hope he was able to get that all taken care of.

Well it is time to get around and get dressed. I do have to take my fiance to work soon. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Options
    Diane: Yeah it was good to get out.

Tonight I will be going out with my sister to see a Christmas show.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,425 Member
    Options
    It's 24 feels like 14 with a high of 40 for today. Insight Timer Quote: Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.--Albert Einstein I AM: Being a positive thinker is an important part of who I am. Axe Sharpening: Don't wish for it, work for it.--Jeremy Mullins Director of MyTransPHORMation app/Registered Dietitian Action for Happiness: Offer to help someone who is facing difficulties at the moment. Fitness quote for today: One day I will say "I did it"--v3apparel.co Motivational quote for today: Spread love everywhere you go. Leave everyone you meet happier and better for having crossed your path.--unknown Almost Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 11,447 steps yesterday.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,614 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a mostly cloudy and windy day here today. it's raining this morning. the rain is supposed to stop around 12 pm and then it will be just very windy outside. i went for a short run this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i am having a relaxing day today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Dpecora653 ,, WOOHOO it's CATURDAY!!! When we come right down to it, the only things one really needs is: shelter, food, clothing and love (I also say for myself a strong relationship with God, but not all feel that way and it's understandable why). Having a positive attitude just makes life so much easier. Even in times as we are living in.
    @Tabatha_Cain,,, hope you got the oil change and it was quick. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new laptop!!! I use it when my pain is to high to be in the living room. COMES IN HANDY!! My TV's do not need any hook ups to any devices, they both have that stuff in them, though I do use my roku in the bedroom. The living room nah, I don't, I can, I don't. LOL ENJOY the weekend hope it's relaxing for you!
    @Patti241 ,,, Glad you were able to get out Patti! Hope you enjoyed the show. Weds night when the weather was CRAZY and I AM STILL laughing a friend picked me up and we went out to grab food to eat. YUMMY with a funny conversation. Her H called during that time, because the 3 of us play words quite well among us and it was good to hear him laughing so hard.
    @Cormierannie ,, We have the same storm, it's raining now, should stop later. The wind is a HOWLING. ENJOY that relaxing day!! WOOHOO!!!
  • Marileighea
    Marileighea Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - we can each to do to end it the way we wish. Good words of wisdom…I will give this some serious thot…one-day-at-a-time.
    B)
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,378 Member
    Options
    3lt98eyghggb.jpg
    just another laundry..get 'er done..don't get in a rush or you'll fall and break your tush kinda day!!
    Cloudy and cool..but the winds moved on..for those that are now dealing with them..sorry but we had our fill it was time!!
    Gonna watch a lil tv..do a lil knitting and then see what's on the menu for tonight!!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,531 Member
    Options
    8zjsrau8fz4u.jpg

Warning I got when I applied to join the bloggers - but it looks like the join went through, I wonder if it is my browser, it seems to save my posts every few seconds maybe ...
    @katiecondy1 very cute very appropriate for a CATURDAY - Gene is researching for Amigo he says he has 4 days to get him eating again. As Amigo is his cat, I will leave it to him and relax this weekend.
    Beautiful sunny day today I should get out but it is cold and not all sidewalks have been cleared. I was looking at OOFO boots but none available in Canada unless I do Amazon.ca and not doing that ... I'll find a good boot store and go there if I am gonna pay 250 for boots ...I need a wide toe box for my boots and most made elsewhere very narrow... I got barges for feet LOL
    @Tabatha_Cain enjoy your weekend and have fun what ever you get done. I agree our animals are important to us.
    @NovemberGail thank you for your encouragement, what will be will be.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 too funny about Izzy being jealous !! Cats have a certain sence about them, but they were created that way eh .. I know Amigo is always looking for when Gene comes home and sometimes he would be at the door and that told me Gene was in the building. Right now he's not doing that but he does look at GEne's direction. He fed him a raw egg yolk as he read it was ok to do so. Problem is 2 licks and he's done!! I suggested getting parmagon cheese and sprinkling a little on that but nope .. I still have a can of tuna up my sleeve and I still have the cooked liver, I might liquify it and use a dropper to feed him, but should I or not .. we will see. I allso think we should let him go on his terms. He might be telling us he's almost done.
    @everyone have a wonderful day and enjoy what ever you have planned, time for me to go dancing with my airpartner, sorta like an air guitar we all play from time to time. or drums, or ....
    ekwgrvp21yn4.gif

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Marileighea ,, Thanks. Indeed one day at a time, if it's to overwhelming one minute or even one breath at a time. So happy to have you with us!
    @Katiecondy1 ,,, LOL IZZY SEONDS THAT CR!! Okay, I've forgotten what CR stands for? CatRus? Hope you enjoyed din din!!! And did get to relax on top of that!!
    @Lindiemaep ,, it's because the bloggers group is not public, but private. But you are in all 5% members will be in. Thanks for joining us!! We look forward to your posts and your wisdom. LOL she's still sulking, oh is she LAYING IT ON THICK!!! LOL GOOBER!! Though she did join me for Zoom for a few today so everyone could admire her, Oh hon, I am so very very sorry about Amigo. Its not an easy decision either way. We hate to say goodbye, and we keep hoping they'll turn that corner. I know with Izzy this has been going on for 2 years. Her good times are getting shorter and shorter. Enjoy that "air partner" as you dance. I am thinking he's probably light on his feet?
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,531 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 it was not the join part but the message I got when I tried to join - the spam message at the bottom, as if !!! spam police busy trying to meet their quota I think, might be late for their jelly donuts with the sprinkles on em lolololol ( from a movie ) ....
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a busy long day of Christmas shopping with my Son. I think I have 98% done. Son took me to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. The Christmas parade was tonight but we didn't go. I watched part of it from the front door. I was just to tired to go this year and stand in the cold. Also did dishes and laundry before and after I got home.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep , Ahhhhh Okay.
    @Cseguin2 ,,, BUSY DAY!! Hey good job also getting the dishes and laundry done!! WTG!!
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    No cow sightings today or yesterday (LOL)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Caturday. Will try to figure out blogging tomorrow.

Past my bedtime so this is short.

Word for tomorrow is JOY.

2ygm78xazzaf.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Novembergail,, I DID THINK of you and how I put we do see deer, moose, and bears though not often in the city. This AM I was on ZOOM with a bunch of friends. One of them was telling us where I go on Tuesday night (clearly in the city I live in) 3 deer where in the parking lot when they went outside. I had missed them, but apparently they've been around quite a bit. Then I found out LOL there are some that at night are often on the walking path that goes by my window. NO WONDER Izzy LOVES to come back out here at night! I did think of you and giggle. Please do join us @EVERYONE who can on the blogging group. It's a great way to easily find the blogs from members. We read, we grow as people.