Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thanks for all your continued support.

It's been raining on and off all day. Slept in until 11 am. Needed the extra sleep after only getting 4.5 hrs Tuesday night. Also did some marching and calf raises today. Felt good to be active. Dishes are almost caught up and got some laundry done. Hubby wanted to play cards so I gave in and played even though I would have preferred to get more house work done.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,233 Member
    Options
    Tabatha_Cain,, I had to giggle slightly when I read your post. When I started at the store, I had to ASK "How much am I making an hour?" I HAD NO CLUE!! So HR called the front end manager down and we chatted it over. I put out an amount I thought was fair, they both immediately said "NO! You have experience and we WANT you with us, we'll pay you this" It was $4 MORE an hour then I had asked for. LOL!!! I'm glad you like working there ,,, it's different then what you normally do, but sometimes we just need something really easy and fast paced. Hopefully the crews you work with are fun to work with or at least a few of them.
    @Patti241,,, It'll be up here in about 6 or 7 hours as SNOW!! WELL it may briefly start as rain, but quickly change over.
    @Lindiemaep , HI Linda, did you get the errands done? Sure hope so!! Thanks we are working so hard on my potassium levels being good and staying good!! Izzy has been such a GOOD GIRL!! Awwww. WOOHOO GET THAT CAMERA READY for the sunset!
    @Cormierannie,,, when you finish a pic we'd love to see it!!
    @Tslose,,, WOOHOO that's a GREAT GOAL!!! We are 100% Behind you!!! Go at your own pace is the best advice. When I first started at one, the first time was 10 mins, the 2nd time it was 13, eventually I was up to 90 mins. But, it took me over 3 months to get to that.
    @Bookienj,,, Oh man yeah those 2 books I'd of not read. I am reading now a series by Grace Palmer ,, started off with Vineyard Sisters, 2nd one is Vineyard Mothers, the 3rd one is Vineyard Daughters. I'll probably rate it 4 out of 5, it is a little slow at times, but yet it definitely keeps my interest. It has a nice story line and the characters are realistic, but not boring. Oh yes, tonight Maine will get 5 to 9"s where I am. NOW WE KNOW ME!! LOLOL I'll probably only sleep a FEW HOURS if that since most of the heavier snow will fall between 9 ish tonight until 7 AM, but it'll snow through 1 or so in the afternoon lightly. I just checked the local radar because it does include Boston, Boston should be all rain, no snow and should be done around 11 AM with the lighter rain starting around 5 AM. I am sure you can get a very detailed report to make sure. Hopefully it'll go well. LOL Driving in Boston is always interesting though not nearly as it is in New York City. Up here we call those from MA as Crashachusetts. LOL So funny how most states make fun of others driving when in fact no state has really the BEST driving skills that are outstanding!!
    @Kurtize,,, LOVE IT!! Indeed our thoughts lead to action. OR NO action, depending on how we treat ourselves.
    @jeanhickokhaley ,, Did you get out for a walk? or do something you enjoyed today?

• Dianedoessmiles1
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,, and @ALL if you'd like to do colors, please make sure you have joined, or do join the 5% Blogging team:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143978-️-️-seasonal-5-challenges-bloggers-️-️

Linda then to DNJoys blogs and she has the color chart here are the colors you can use, make sure to still follow the format

0r3l9viqu7rv.png

FOR OTHERS

Here's the format

davg22bcckli.png

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,470 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I am hoping this works, I did do a walmart run and got some good stuff so I am set till payday in a couple of weeks.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 been looking at that and wondered I tried different ways, but at least I can post something, are you getting lots of snow ?? I looked at the post, where do you put the [color-purple] just in the dialog box here, or somewhere else ? I tried using the drop down code thingy and code but still only got blue .... I tried the other thingy for url and again got the blue only. I like the varied colours be cool from time to time to do that once I remember !!
    Gene is home eating, he wants danilion tea .... but settle for camomile instead. I hope the rain holds off as I need to go to Safeway tomorrow and pick up my prescription, I did not want to hang out there for 2 hours AS IF !!!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    then my words I feel like Shirley Temple!!! MY WORD
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I read through all the posts but too tired to respond. Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Tomorrow's Word is ENTHUSIASM

kvdqlgbat79e.jpg

Not all turkey tails are pretty blue like the last one posted.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,183 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are doing well this morning. Today is Friday. The end of the week. I am glad as I need a rest. I don't work until Sunday at my new job. As a matter of fact they only scheduled me for 1 day this week. That is ok though as they did not know my availability and started the schedule before I started so they had it all worked out and then just penciled me in.

@LindieMaeP - I need to chug more water. I drank 4 cups yesterday, but I still need to drink more. I need to do better.
    @tslose - Good Luck. The gym for me is so fun. I love going
    @cormierannie - I need to go on a run later, but it is suppose to be snowy and cold.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Sometimes you have to spend time with your spouse. I do that sometimes. Just sit and hang with him instead of get housework done.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Sometimes I do just need a change up from the norm. So far the people are nice. Today the new schedule comes out. Hopefully they don't mess it up. I am off next weekend. It is my weekend away. I should get my first paycheck today. Atleast I think I am getting my paycheck today.

Well it is time to get something to eat. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,305 Member
    Options
    It’s 22 feels like 22 with a high of 47 today. Insight Timer Quote: We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated.—Maya Angelou I AM: I’ve decided that I’m good enough. Axe Sharpening: A negative mind will never give you a positive life.—Dejay Dvorak 1st Phorm Advisor Action for Happiness: Go to bed in good time and allow yourself to recharge. Fitness Quote for today: My body is getting stronger, slimmer, and healthier everyday.—courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational quote for today: Everything always works out. And if it doesn’t, it’s because it’ll work out even better than you had imagined.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 15,674 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Full Body Week 3, Day 5 in the gym after breakfast.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,530 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a mostly cloudy day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i try to get in a strength training workout at least three times a week. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will definitely be dancing to some 80's music later on. it is a relaxing day for me today. tomorrow i am to meet up with a good friend of mine who i have not seen for a while. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,699 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1-I wrote that title down/thx you. I hope you are enjoying the snow! Hubby woke up to at least of covering of snow in Boston. He said it’s been snowing steadily all day. Her audition was at 11:30, interview 12:30, tour at 3. So they will eat lunch in there and then hit the road because tomorrow is an another audition (all state band). Lol I will have to tell hubby about crashachussets. In my part of New Jersey, people seem to comment negatively on NY drivers (because we can get into the city in 45 minutes). But really nj/ny drivers seem pretty similar
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon. Hugs and blessings to all.
    @NovemberGail l like your word for the day.
    Helped Don put an arbor together. Backyard is coming along nicely. Will post pictures when he finishes up. Not much else is new.[/fuchsia]

oq7ip0h0zly1.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,,, I see you put:
    [color-purple]
    If you had put an equal sign = instead of the hyphen it'll work. WOOHOO keeping in mind (I am pretty sure Linda knows this so for others) after you put the color and the ] (no space) also no space between the ]and the words you wish in the color you wish.
    Hope you got your errands done! If not that you did today. Oh and that Gene enjoyed the tea.
    We did get 7"s of snow so we ae rather THRILLED!! AND even better it's the nice and very sticky stuff!! It's hard to clean off the car now, so my friend and I both did it together, but with it so sticky LOL I was did the windows, and lights, and was LOLOL Playing with it!!
    dy68h0j4yiam.jpg
    5dx9kx323laz.jpg
    eaaf258vzmsl.jpg
    @LIndiemaep ,, LOL YOU DID IT!! Ignore the above please!! GREAT JOB!! If you want it BOLD just click on the B for bold first than do as you did to get it bold. If you want both center of the screen and bold, click above for the center first, than the bold, then the [ etc.
    @Novembergail,, Sure hope you got to sleep!! That mushroom is so pretty!!
    @Tabatha_Cain,, Did work go well? Enjoy your Saturday (AKA CATurday!) off!! did they do your schedule well? I see you have 1 day of work. How about the paycheck? We did get snow as you can see. I hope you get some also that's as much FUN as ours! LOL I am STILL like that 8 year old who sat in front of the TV to see if school was CANCELLED!! LOL a part of that was also just 2 years ago at the this time I was working with 2nd graders, so if my city or Portland had a snow day I AUTOMATICALLY DID TO and it was with pay!! WOOHOO TO THAT!
    @Patti241,,, HI Patti!! Here's hoping you'll get snow soon!! Is it worth moving up the coast a bit? LOL SORRY!! WOW they just said in Maine, in Cumberland County (I live in here) housing prices are STILL CLIMBING and an average small house is going for where I am ,, get this, A HALF A MILLION DOLLARS!! YO!!! A few years ago you could get an average house for 175 to 225 (the 175 needed renovations).
    @Cormierannie,, ENJOY that visit with your friend!!
    @Bookienj,,,, Reading expands the mind in so many ways (Well I am sure that also depends on what we read LOL). Sunday will be easier to travel, that's a sound decision. I hadn't kept track over night of Boston I knew the Cape was going to get snow. I hoe your D does well and LOVES the audition!! Stress yes, but a chance to also shine as we know she does!
    @Kurtize,,, NICE JOB no doubt on the yard, it's been fun watching that!!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been cold with flurries on and off but nothing sticking and not enough to make money off of anyways. It has been a very productive day. Did laundry, dishes and some Christmas deco removal. Also did push-ups, marching, calf raises, core and lower body workout and got some walking in running errands.

Tomorrow is another busy day as it's my Son's weekend here. We have a party at my friend's to celebrate us all out of a job. I am taking taco dip upon request. It's also the first anniversary of Mom's death.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,,,, WOW! BUSY DAY indeed!! That's always nice. Enjoy S being there, hopefully he's gotten the help he needs and deserves. Ohhhh LOL the party is an unusual theme, but I always LOVE THAT and hey, if I were in your position I'd do the same thing!!! I am so hoping you can find a job you'll enjoy. Did you pass the test? I must of missed the post. Hugs on the anniversary of your Mom passing. I miss mine about daily and she's been gone for 32 years but now when I think of her it's with a smile.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    SHHHHHHH ... DO YOU HEAR THAT ??? It's the weekend coming !! WOOHOOO bring on the weekend, are you excited for it ? I am !!

@Dianedoessmiles1 yes I figured it out now to remember LOL Busy day today, first had to go get the lotion for my "craddle cap" scalp condition - must be put on dry scalp, not wet, and it is very thin, they way she said, made me wonder how it would get on the scalp - I have not used it yet, maybe tomorrow sometime. Then I had volunteer work now I am researching ... life is good !!
    @Tabatha_Cain hope you have a good weekend and you get a lot accomplished for the wedding.
    @everyone enjoy the weekend and have fun, and enjoy whom you are with too !!
    2zcf6sm0kizn.gif
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Went to Superstore for a few things when Gene got home from work - he is obessing about his latest blood work results and buying things to improve his healthier lifestyle.@Dianedoessmile1 - nice pictures of the snow, we will get snow tomorrow maybe, but I am not going out!
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I realize that tomorrow is today -- it is 12:10 a.m. Way past my bedtime. Will have to do better.

Today's Word is Flexibility.

Found another set of turkey tails. These are very different:

hq13m6cb21wu.jpg