Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,287 Member
    Options
    @Cormierannie ,, Sounds like a fun active day. Glad you can do that.
    @Lindiemaep ,,, ENJOY the eggs!! They say it was the bird flu, but if that was REALLY it ,, this would of happened a bit ago, when it was at it's worse. Eggs do not keep. Any excuse to squeeze people more. LOL I saw on the News something about a candy store "having to raise it's prices" my thought was "Candy is a luxury, many just won't buy it." then I SMILED because years ago those words NEVER would come out my lips!! OH MANY it's best NOT to know what goes on behind MANY places that deal with the consumer!! Fast food, retail, manufactures, and SO ON!! Ewww!
    @Cseguin2 ,, Hopefully the sun will be soon for you. I have 2 friends who live in Northern CA,,, today they saw the sun for the first time in one of them said 20 days. Tomorrow another storm coming in. I hope the residents are okay on Friday and it's the normal or better when you are there. Most look forward to food a lot. Hope it goes well over the next 3 weeks.

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,495 Member
    Options
    @NovemberGail - eggtually you did quite well in bringing the "egg" to the for !! Well done or is the wegg done ?? Rest well my friend and be refereshed for tomorrow.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 any excuse these days to raise prices, it's all greed - I remember when you could buy a rotissieri chicken - whole one for 4.99 at Safway then the bird flue hit and that was about 10 years ago so this is not new with the chicken industry - no doubt over crowding etc, which is why I try to buy organic free range when I can - look at @KatieCondy1's chickens when they lay I bet they are marvelous eggs!! Cause they got a bit of freedom and not caged. Anyway I read Isaiah30 - then did some research along the way, very interesting indeed. GEne will be home soon so I gotta go get the dishes done AGAIN...well at least the stove is fixed and I can cook if I want. The flooding in CA is sad indeed, but we have had that in our area too and expect it again. That one picture i posted of mountains around the first week of Januay, I was actually standing on a dike!!
    @Cseguin2 I would think the weather might be affecting the residents as well and maybe a little more. Oh how I do not miss those grey skies and cold and nasty weather, course then I moved to BC and did nothing but rain the first few years I was here, lol I thought, I can't win !! But eventually I got used to it. Hope you enjoyed your Wendy's - I like their chili !
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are doing well this morning. Today is Friday. One more day working both jobs. Saturday we are staying home and not really doing anything. Joe works Saturday and I am going to my Mom's to work on the men's flowers. We have to figure something out. I am excited. I really am. I want to get it all done. I am excited to get married. I am super tired from last night. I was on my feet the whole night and I am tired. I am hoping that doesn't keep happening.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - It was pretty good last night. I am definitely tired. I drink lots of water at work so all night long I was getting up to go to the bathroom. Fast food is not all bad. I am learning quick.
    @LindieMaeP - I need to do something. I have bad underarm flab.
    @NovemberGail - Way to go on getting the Christmas Decorations down.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Sounds like you have a lot going on. I hope you have a good last couple of days

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Diane: It was raining last night and a little this morning.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,354 Member
    Options
    It’s 26 feels like 18 with a high of 39 for today. Insight Timer Quote: Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know.—Pema Chodron I AM: I bring health and wellness into my life. Axe Sharpening: Get in there and get to work. There’s never been a better time to get yourself together.—Ty Russ 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Take a different route today and see what you notice. Fitness quote for today: I am my problem but also my solution. Be more, Do More.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: One beautiful soul always recognizes another. Keep being awesome and the right people will find you.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 18,761 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Full Body “GBC” Week 2, Day 5 modified for at home after dinner.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a snowy and cold day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i am catching up on the rest of my housework today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiepost1 ,,, Oh Linda totally greedy, but that's to be expected. Meet me at @Katiecondy1 for them therah eggs!!! LOL it may cost more than $10.
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,,Oh I knew they'd LOVE YOU RIGHT OFF!! You are a very hard worker, and an easy going person. Those are the qualities I looked for when hiring for the grocery store (I did HR for a little bit when our regular HR was out on maternity leave). I LOVED hiring people! It was so much fun!!
    @Patti241 ,, it was raining most of the day. It's stopping now I am seeing a little bit of sun in the distance.
    @Cormierannie,, JEALOUS!! JEALOUS!! I WANT SNOW!! Have fun with the housework!! Mine is mostly done. I CAN Do some decluttering.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1
    o1egv0k313hc.gif
    h4e79ncj9uz9.gif
    5jne5dapekwe.gif
    bwahahahahahahahaha you have all the snow you want, I am happy it's no where near me but on the mountains. We have rain now, don't gotta shovel it but sure might need a boat in some parts that may have flood and there is an avelanch warning as well in the mountain areas.
    vfemkc3ele8i.gif
    Well it has been a good day and weight in tomorrow - what it says it will say and I will go from there. Looking forward to the water challenge too 8 glasses should not be hard to do as long as I don't do them in the EVENING but spaced OUT lol too funny eh
    @Tabatha_Cain you might want to invest in some good nurses shoes if you are going to be on your feet all night, or more then you anticipated. Enjoy your day at your mom's doing your flowers. When my neice got married, she made her own bouquet and it was very nice. They gave all the guests a bottle of white and red wine and they had a picture of the bride on one and a picture of the groom on the other. He rode his dirtbike up to the side of the makeshift alter where they were married - in their back yard. - they have lake front property so it was very nice. I know you will have a good time with all your arrangements!
    Have a good evening everyone - LindieMae aka Linda signing OFF for now ... lol
    0arhk9yra3yj.gif

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Flurries on and off. Today was another sleep most of the morning kind of day. Probably because I chose to read in bed instead of getting up and doing something. Did get a few dishes washed and some laundry done before I had to get ready for work. Work went well. Residents were all well behaved. Glad I am able to wing things and be flexible. Planned dinner for the residents was a little short in the protein department. Ended up having to have 3 different things: veal, hamburger patties and fish burgers. They also had pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, beef gravy, cream of mushroom soup, scalloped potatoes, green beans, fruit cocktail and pineapple upside down cake. They ate well tonight.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,, Awwww TY TY TY TY!!
    @Cseguin1 ,,, OH I AM SURE the residents LOVED having such a wonderful choice!! NICELY DONE!!! Sounds like you got to relax some and well hey that's also needed.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain: I love to hear the excitement in your writing as you make your wedding plans. Enjoy your Saturday of unscheduled time.

@LindieMaeP: Eggceptional job with the puns and I enjoy the cartoons.

@Dianedoessmiles1: I can't believe how greedy you are and how selfish some people can be. Shocking!!! You want everyone's share of the snow and no one is giving you any. Terrible!!! I wish I could be generous and send you the cold and snow but right now we only have cold.

It was a good day and got quite a bit accomplished. Went a little overboard on the calories tonight. I've finally learned how to make really good pancakes with lots of cinnamon and a dash of vanilla. And I've yet to figure out how to just make a wee batch.

Tomorrow's word is responsibility.

The photo today has a question attached: Does this guy look familiar or is it just me?

j2nc7am3y3hp.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @NovemberGail ,,, LOLOL GOOD THING GF I was not drinking water when I read your post!! I'd of SPIT IT CLEAR ACROSS the floor, OVAH Izzy's head, and who knows where else!! LOLOLOL TY TY TY TY!! BUT SURELY someone WANTS to give me some snow??? Huh??? ANYONE tired of it? Oh my oh my. Today we did hit 50 of course since it was raining!! Even the weatherman called it a "Wash" tonight. LOL When they give up on our getting snow ,, well I did laugh.

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today I think my Mom wants me to come over in the afternoon to work on the flowers for the wedding. I really want to but I also want to spend time with my fiance. I have not seen him much in the last couple of days. Although I am going to have all week to spend time with him.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I just love helping people. I am a service worker at heart. I like physical work too. Anything to get my heart going.
    @LindieMaeP - I love working on my flower arrangements. I still have more to get done but we will get there.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I sometimes want to laze in bed some mornings. I don't though. All that food sounds good.
    @NovemberGail - Thank you. I am super excited to get this wedding paid for. I love the idea of doing it all. I think some things need to be paid for before any other. We do have to start paying down the venue.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,354 Member
    Options
    It’s 22 feels like 22 with a high of 52 today. Insight Timer Quote: The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.—Albert Einstein I AM: I fell pulled to spend more time with my family and friends. Axe Sharpening: If you can’t find happiness in small things, you won’t find it in big things.—Jenna Fail 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action of Happiness: Eat healthy food which really nourishes you today. Fitness quote for today: Muscle soreness is the new Hangover.—gymaholic Motivational quote for today: Your goal isn’t to fix your past, it’s to make your future as bright, positive, and amazing as possible.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 14,320 steps yesterday.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Diane: It is cold here today.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a cold and mainly cloudy day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i feel great! i went for a walk a while ago and i really enjoyed it. i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. for me it is a relaxing day. i do not have much planned to do. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Good morning had a good weigh in this morning and am drinking my first 16 ounces of water ! It's almost gone lol and then onto the next 16 ounces ! I hope you all are having a good weekend and relaxing or doing something you have been planning to do.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 one must be careful to say it and not spray it eh !! good thing you held in that water !! Meeting this morning so I'll be off soon getting ready just have to go record my breakie !
    @Tabatha_Cain hard to find time for folks when you have so much to do, but your an organized person, so you will be able to organzie your time to your advantage. Enjoy your flower creations with your mom. You might want to plan a "date night" with Joe once a week, I know other couples do this.
    Since you all are flying to my stomping grounds I thought I would share some pictures through out the week. I'll see if I can find some older ones not shown before but no guarentees !!
    rti5cvoa6ggp.jpg
    80lnd6i5f2i0.jpg
    x0sva2nslcgg.jpg

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain,, can Joe (OH I HOPE I remembered his name right! LOL THANKS @Lindiemaep I DID IT RIGHT!) come with you to Moms and the 3 of you chat as you look at flowers? Some men hate doing that stuff, others do not mind it at all and once they see the progress started they find themselves AMAZED how much they enjoyed it. Hope you had a great day! I too, love working hard, with my hands, and feet!! BURN THOSE CALORIES OFF OFF OFF!! Oh I MISS WORKING at the store!
    @Patti241,, I feel coldish today. I've already turned the heat up (but yesterday I had it mostly OFF since it hit 50!). We had icy roads earlier on. It's currently 33. STILL NO SNOW!!
    @Coermierannie,, Do you enjoy a warm bath? I'd say HOT bath, but mine now need to be cooler ones. Grrr it makes my heart race so hard if it's hot, but I still enjoy them. That's how I am going to relax in a bit! Once I hit a few chats
    @Lindiemaep ,,, TY TY TY for the pics of Vancouver!! Hey on Monday (WELL I HOPE we land on Monday!) will we see those flowers all around the place outside in parks etc? Giggle giggle, I know it's cold there also. I did run late this AM and joined the group online (NO ONE Did D2D! It was to icy! Now it's stopped so more are out and about) at 10:45 and stayed til 12:10 though didn't count that all. We got to giggling something nicely!! LOLOL We grabbed a different breakout room so we'd not distract others.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    Here's a hint I do not think many know of

Want to change your food tracker categories? Here's how: I am now tracking calories(This is the only one it insists on), carbs, fat, protein, sodium, and sugar. You can pick from many choices. When on your food diary click on "SETTINGS" on darker blue bar Next you'll see Food and Exercise Diary Settings under those you'll see a list of what you have now, these have arrows, click on those and an ENTIRE LIST will come up. You can do this for 5 of the options you may prefer YW!
    m2znlx8g5qro.png

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Hi all hope you all doing well. Tabitha you wedding plans are coming right along, how exciting.

have a great new week. Here is some reasons to drink water. Hugs
    ocop284szf5b.jpg