Airport Lounge Discussion

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,357 Member
    @ALL Please READ over each challenge (LTGL) because I know on the PS4L team many have the water amount incorrect. When we read the LTGL in full (though we may know this one) we learn even more about why water is important. THANKS!!
    @Kurtize ,, That's GREAT!!! THANKS!! What FINALLY got me to drink water was when I read it HELPS with WRINKLES!! Now I do NOT mind my wrinkles, but I do not want them any faster either!
    @Lindiemaep ,, LOL As I started to read your post I was singing "ITSY BITSY SPIDER!" HAHAHA!! I am waiting to see if we are all on ZOOM tomorrow or not, I do want to be in person, but if we have no choice, or I am not well I am home. Good job on the water.
    @Novembergail ,,, OH YOU KNOW ME WELL!! I sure did!! on the tree, I couldn't tell. Tonight's picture, that tree is one of COURAGE!! One of STRENGH with the I WILL NOT STOP THRIVING though my circumstances are not good, I WILL SURIVIVE!! Do you hear it being sung?
    @Cseguin2, YUMMY CHINESE!! Did you all make it or it brought in? ENJOY the pizza with them!! OH NO DOUBT they are worried about "The new place" coming in. Sounds like you had a good day though which is GREAT!! Hope the final wrap up goes very well. it's always so sad to me to end something even if I am looking forward to that.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @ALL I am copying and pasting a post from @MegLovesHistory she's new to the 5% Let's all please welcome her

MegLovesHistory
    MegLovesHistory Posts: 14 Member
    7:47PM
    Hi, I didn't know there was a place for us to chat on here!

So, I was in the navy about 8 years back. After my second son I got out. At the time I was at t 175lbs or so, I was getting closer to losing the baby weight when he was about 1.5years.

Then I got up to around 300lbs due to complacency and severe mental issues. Mentally I'm much better than I was. I've been fluctuating between 250-275 for a couple of years. And I'm TIRED of it!

Anyway, I'm trying to lose the weight without my mental stuff getting in the way, which means slowly and mostly by calorie-cutting and walking.

I've increased my water to about 100oz a day. I'm trying to get up to a gallon!

Question though: do any of y'all feel super bloated? Like after this first week I feel bigger than I was 😔
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @MegLovesHistory ,, SO HAPPY to have you with us.

Oh I am sure you'll get help here. With the bloating it can caused by various reasons,,, first question have you had much sodium (Salt)? It's in about everything we eat. I need to track that daily and am ALWAYS SHOCKED how easy it is to go over the amount I can have a day of 1500 mgs. Average for US is 2300 mgs. If you've eaten out likely that'd be why. Water will help to flush out sodium.

Now if it's not the normal for you to be bloated you may wish to talk to your Dr (always recommended) just to make sure things are well. More so if you are having any unusual pain.

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,960 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is going to be a busy day. We have church, then meeting our marriage mentors, and then we are going to my daughters for cake tasting. I am super excited. I really am. She is nervous. This is her first time doing this alone and she is nervous. I think she will do great. I am sure she will. She is an amazing baker. She has been baking since she was 9. She has always loved baking.

@LindieMaeP - Joe and I actually do date night once a week. Most weeks. Some rare times it doesn't happen but we may have to move the date around every week but we are getting date night. That is something that I felt was important in the relationship and Joe felt the same way.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - He did come with me to work on the flowers. It is great. He was talking away while my mom and I worked. He told us what he liked with the flowers. It was great.
    @Kurtize - Yes they are coming right along. I am super happy about it.

Well it is time to get ready for church. I hope you all have a wonderful day,

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,836 Member
    Good morning everyone.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,128 Member
    It’s 43 feels like 35 with a high of 58 for today. Insight Timer Quote: To be rooted in perhaps the most important and least recognized need of the human soul.—Simone Weil I AM: I am allowed to be happy even when my life isn’t going as planned. Axe Sharpening: The results don’t come from what you do occasionally, they come from what you do consistently.—Mike Trotter 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: Get outside and notice five things that are beautiful. Fitness quote for today: We do not stop exercising because we grow old-we grow old because we stop exercising.—Dr Kenneth Cooper. Motivational quote for today: You hold the pen; you’re the only one who can make your next chapter amazing.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 14,378 steps yesterday.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Awww SO HAPPY Joe came with you!! That he likes the flowers too. Oh, I am sure your DD will do will do well with the cake tastings!! What flavors is she offering?
    @Patti241,,, HI Patti!! Is it raw and cold today? It is here!! Do you enjoy football?
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 5,165 Member
    good afternoon everyone! it is a nice sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. i will be helping out one of my friends to run some errands this afternoon. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Cormierannie,,, Sounds like a good day!! WTG!! Stay safe also please.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,862 Member
    Have a great week.

r46elor0l99s.jpg
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 5,011 Member
    Good afternoon everyone, how are you doing in the challenge? Are you finding your way around ok? Are you getting your water in? I was out this morning but I'll be guzzling all afternoon !!
    @Kurtize totally agree, I do not have a "cheat" day, I have a free day, meaning I can have what I want. Food is to be enjoyed as well as sustain us, so I do have a day free from the usual meal/snack routine and sometimes I just do my normal eating !!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 how come your group plane taking off instead of landing ? See pic bwahahahahahaha caught this on my way to the Kingdom Hall this morning as well as the nature shots of spring peaking through weather was nice ... D2D was nice too how was your meeting ?
    @Tabatha_Cain oh so nice that Joe did join and talked with you women as well ! I am sure your daughter will do fine with her cake a trial run would not hurt and you all can enjoy it early!
    I did not get to Queen Elizabeth park today but I did get some flower shots ! On the non plane picture the two on the left and middle top are possibly magnolia tree/bush - the road is Cambie St and that is a kind of greenway inbetwen the south and north lanes as Cambie street basically runs north and south, you see why we are the greenest city in Canada? We have a lot of little parks all over !!
    5ghtynlecax4.jpg
    n4x9k8u0wtv3.jpg

• hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,664 Member
    edited January 2023
    Here's a hint I do not think many know of

Want to change your food tracker categories? Here's how: I am now tracking calories(This is the only one it insists on), carbs, fat, protein, sodium, and sugar. You can pick from many choices. When on your food diary click on "SETTINGS" on darker blue bar Next you'll see Food and Exercise Diary Settings under those you'll see a list of what you have now, these have arrows, click on those and an ENTIRE LIST will come up. You can do this for 5 of the options you may prefer YW!
    m2znlx8g5qro.png

@Dianedoessmiles1 ~ Diane: I actually looked at this today and found it a little confusing. I don't understand why they don't track more nutrients automatically (nutrients that mimic nutritional labels) ... I might have to go back and look again.
  • jeanhickokhaley
    jeanhickokhaley Posts: 1,235 Member
    @hicim705 I wish we could track more nutrient's as well. Hopefully in the future.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Kurtize,,, I agree! Daily I have a little room for 'treats, ' I learned a long time ago that is necessary to add them in Maybe it's somebody that doesn't want to do without and I don't want to do without. This will also help me when I maintain not to go crazy.
    @Linduemaep,,,, All of the planes will touch down when the planes touch down. Speaking of touchdown so far the football game to going pretty good today they've been very interesting extremely close. My own team is not in it but I favor the 49ers to win overall the super bowl that is. Glad you enjoyed meeting I did too of course and you have to WT was awesome.
    @Hicim705,,, I have no clue, but wish they had at least 8 categories we could choose from. Did you find another teacher you prefer?
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Sunday was a full day with the late afternoon and evening celebrating my niece's birthday. I'm blessed with two very beautiful and sweet nieces.

The word for tomorrow is BALANCE.

The photo was taken yesterday and the fungus is called turkey tail. It was gorgeous!

a6msvxhdge3p.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Novembergail ,, So nice to be around family!! I am sure they love you so much. WOW that turkey tail mushroom is GORGEOUS to the MAX!!

Here's my day in a wrap up: Meeting on zoom with the congregation I belong to. FOOTBALL ALL DAY!! LOL Some teams won I wanted over the weekend (49ers, Jaguars, the Bengals).
    Sunset was GORGEOUS SORRY about my kitchen reflection!
    s3b73ljdcbck.png
    Getting some though not a lot of snow and sleet through tomorrow night of 3 to 5"s MAYBE they never really know
    1occp3z8yjsf.png
    Here's the work on the Titanic I am working on.
    Last night before I went to bed. You can see the lights were ready to be put through the ship, but wild wires! LOL
    cw76xpf2eiia.png
    Today I did thread 4 of the strings of lights through it (I have 3 more to go on an different level) And I turned them on for you!! Of course these will be shown as windows of the ship when I am done.
    qs0b58pwv1l4.png
  • jeanhickokhaley
    jeanhickokhaley Posts: 1,235 Member
    @NovemberGail I have never seen sea shells like that. They are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Dianedoessmiles1 That is a gorgeous sunset. That is so nice you are building the Titanic. I can't wait to see it finished.

Have a good and safe Monday everyone.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,960 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a wonderful morning. Today is Monday and it is back to work for me. I have a board meeting tonight and I have to work at the resource center tomorrow night. I am going to be working on some of my wedding stuff during my shift tomorrow so hopefully we will get things done. At least I hope to get stuff done.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Ok so we decided on the a small cake and then cupcakes for the guests. cupcakes will be mint chocolate chip with mint frosting and chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting. The actual cake will be mint chocolate chip with chocolate filling and mint frosting on top. It is going to be so good. We love it. One of our colors is mint green. We thought it went well together.
    @LindieMaeP - The tasting went great. I loved it. Joe and I had a lot of fun. We both love hanging with my daughter and her husband. We got to do that for a little while too.
    @NovemberGail - I hope your niece had a nice birthday.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,664 Member
    edited January 2023
    chv9vfcxa2pn.png
    knvb8yehp600.png

Good Morning, Everyone!! I love to check in here and it warms my heart to see so much chatter going on even though the Challenge has started. It is a GREAT way to keep in touch or to reconnect with those that we treasure and that we might not be on teams with.

I really WISH I had more time to check-in the way the core-group seems to ... I think that connections are so important as part of this journey that we are on. So many times I 'peek' but don't comment ~ wanted to wish you all a MARVELOUS Monday!!

Heidi (hicim705)
    Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges hosted on MFP
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,836 Member
    Diane: It was a cold day yesterday. Supposed to be cold again today.