Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and I am looking forward to the end of the week. I start my second job tomorrow. I am excited. I hope things go well. I have to call and let them know that I can also work on Friday but not Saturday. I think I will call them first thing this morning and let them know.

@cormierannie - I am so sorry for your loss.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thank you. I am looking forward to the work. So I hope things go well Thursday when I start Thursday.
    @Kurtize - Love your quotes
    @LindieMaeP - Way to go on getting your favorite chocolates.
    @NovemberGail - Nice that you got 13,000 steps. I would love to get 13,000 steps a day. My cats do the same thing and I am not sure how they do it either. They squeeze into that tiny spot.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Sorry your hubby is being a grouch. I hope that stops soon for you.

Well it is time to get ready for breakfast. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,504 Member
    Options
    It’s 32 feels like 32 with a high of 61 for today. Insight Timer Quote: A miracle is a shift in perception from fear to love.—Marianne Williamson I AM: I am building a new life filled with joy and confidence. Axe Sharpening: The secret to getting ahead is getting started. Today is the perfect day for new beginnings.—Claire Thomas 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Switch off all your tech at least an hour before bedtime. Fitness quote for today: “If you can’t stop thinking about it. Don’t stop working for it.”—GymShark Motivational quote for today: If you want to be happy, be.—Leo Tolstoy Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 12,514 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Full Body “GBC” Week 2, Day 3 in the gym after breakfast.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    Diane: No I do not take my phone. I walk around the court.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,683 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a mostly cloudy and cool day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job after school today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i did my strength training workout earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i will be helping out a friend of mine today to run some errands. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,595 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks, hope your having a good day and are looking forward to the weekend approaching, yup, it's hump day just slide on down to the weekend. It's a rainy cool day here, no need to go out so exercise is inside today and it is resistance training day as well, so lots to do not to mention domestic engineering. I would like to share a ytube video for women for flabby arms - they look pretty simple to do and you do not need to spend hours doing them. There are other exercises afterwards, I just skip the adds in the beginning.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Zp5k2XBwc
    @Dianedoessmiles1 yes on the congregation bible study and review - oh my it was so good! And before that the local needs, oh wow too. I bought some chicken to do an alfredo sauce with so far I like the first jar I bought but have 2 more jars to try, they are Classico and I am not really a fan of classico so maybe they have improved their products. Since Gene brought home a whole chicken, I put my other chicken in teh freezer for another time. I can use his maybe this weekend. There's some more broccoli to use up but this time I won't put as much. Today is poorman's beef stirfry - have to use up some coleslaw and beef so that will work, also have some more mushrooms for it too.
    @Tabatha_Cain sounds like your really looking forward to this part time job, and since it is part time, you can always leave if it is not to your liking. Have a great day today !!
    well some want blue skies, me tooo ....
    zobsqsbnthu6.gif
    That will do it !!!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,496 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, I am pretty sure I've told you I had worked at the grocery store. I started as a bagger, went to cashier and then shift lead, to the closing shift lead. I LOVED IT so much, the money was more than I had made by quite a bit for the city of Portland. They knew I was good, and they paid accordingly, but having the accounting background i knew how to make the front end closing budget the BEST!! Corporate kept wondering why one of the smallest stores was meeting budget and exceeding it. They sent in their wives (and some of the CEO's)to find out why. EASY!! I quickly who wanted to work when. If you were calling to say you'll work on a Friday evening, Oh I'd GRAB that in a SECOND!! First it makes YOU happy and hey teens LOVE a sudden Friday night off if the party is worth it (and better than the one on Saturday if that was in the works) so they'd work better for me too. I just simply knew the people under me, and went with that. You are the type of worker I LOVED to have. Appropriate compliments helped me that much more. Appreciating those under me, letting them know they worked that much harder also. It was a WIN/WIN!! I am sure you'll do great, have FUN with it!! It's so much easier then the office politics.
    @Patti241,,, Sometimes I think it'd be fun to be unplugged for a little bit!! SMART letting yourself relax and just enjoy.
    @Cormierannie,, you have such a great heart!!! Can we clone you? Sometimes I hop onto Youtube or facebook to watch the videos of people being nice to others. We hear so much negativity it's just a nice break.
    @Lindiemaep ,,, Hehehhehehe
    4dzw5uyrwy8f.gif
    Linda it was very good. YO next weeks,, LOL next weeks reading. Yet it's interesting to look into, I do pity who ever has the reading though!! ENJOY the dinner and food. I'm having the rest of the chicken nuggets I made last night. OH WOW ARE THEY SUPER GOOD!! I had marinated them in a honey-mustard, BBQ, a bit of teriyaki sauce, garlic paste, with onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Dipped them in an egg wash (YO HAVE YOU ALL SEEN THE COST OF EGGS???? Today I paid for a DOZEN OF THE STORE BRAND 6.19!!! HUH??? They said on the news they'll be $10 soon!! I WILL NOT BUY them at that!) and a flour mix. OH TO DIE FOR!!
  • DNjoys
    DNjoys Posts: 7,563 Member
    Options
    I don't post here often, but with the timing of eggs being brought up... A friend of mine did pay $9 for a dozen regular eggs this weekend and one was broken - she said she was desperate. Today she posted the link to an article on egg replacements. They are not all created equal and some are better suited for specific baked goods than others, but it might be worth a try if eggs are out of budget or out of stock (my store is having trouble keeping them in stock in spite of the high prices!)

https://topwithcinnamon.com/egg-substitutes/
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,934 Member
    Options
    elzyc7i63b8i.jpg
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    All creatures great and small - crows can be fastenating creatures, but don't go near their nest when they got lil ones, they will attack you - it's how they were designed by our Creator.

p8qqpubxrjbv.jpg

@Dianedoessmiles1 already watched the introduction to and read the chapters. I sometimes listen to it for annunciation of names, after all it's our Savior's geneology we are reading!! So it is important !! Hope you enjoyed your chicken, I have to go make that food but tomorrow no room in the fridge from all the other food I made, gotta eat that first. Good thing my fridge is good and cold - a lil too cold near the back so we are careful not to put anything back near the wall that can cause freezing - like EGGS - Gene pickes up the eggs, he can decide what he will pay, I do the egg whites and that has gone up in price but Costco has the best price so far. That could change.
    I went and got my glasses arms around the ear adjusted as they kept slipping, so far they are staying in place - I also has 11 letters to mail too.
    Have a nice evening everyone !! Slidin' on down to the weekend !!
    beaewz5dxv27.gif

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a day of sleep and work. I hate sleeping till noon. Nothing gets done but needed the sleep. Maybe tomorrow will be more active as I can go to bed earlier than the last couple of nights. Work went well for the most part. By the time I got home Hubby was in a normal mood. Talk about a 180.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @DNjoys ,, Dee really nice to see you here. Today I paid $6.19 for 12 dozen of eggs I was floored. We are being told they will be $10 soon. I did exactly what you just did so I'm kind of giggling over here I did Google how to bake without eggs and it does very very greatly on what it is you are making. But it's also doable I'm probably going to go that route soon. There are time that I eat egg but not that many so I really won't miss them. I'm sure other items will also start to go up ridiculously high then we'll have to make our choices. I can afford the egg but I don't want to I just don't want to.
    @Kurtize,, The road has many twists and turns, some dips and bumps. Some places we wish we never went, but some very gorgeous places we've seen that just depend on what we choose to dwell on.

@Lindiemaep,,, pictures really pretty look at that deep blue sky and a cross the Ravens. Very nicely done. I did watch the introduction and I'm now going to the reading slowly and doing some research on part of it but not all of it cuz it's just way too much. My chicken was awesome It was so good! I will absolutely make it again. I hope your glasses work for you and that you adjustment. Is done. I still have to go like every 6 months to have mine done because I'm better for him. But they're so cute I don't mind. It does help that I can drive there I get there and come right back home If I had to take a bus it would be two busted and take me at least 3 hours. No thank you. This way I'm home in an hour. Those bears are so adorable look at the fun they have That's what we should each find something that we enjoy everyday no matter how big or small.

@Cseguin2,,, Good evening! Whenn the body says sleep and demands that we don't have a choice. I hope tomorrow you're able to have some me time. Glad that hubby is in a better state of mind. Sleep well.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well. Today is going to be a good day. I work both jobs. One from 8 to 5 and the other from 530 to 10. We will see how things go. I hope I like it. It is my new second job and I am nervous. I think I will be fine. I mean after all it is only fast food. It cannot be that hard. Just be nice to the customer and that is all. I will probably be doing a lot of videos today too.

@LindieMaeP - Thank you for that video. I need it. My underarm flab is horrible. That is true. If I don't like the job I can just quit. I probably won't. I need the job and I will probably work until the wedding and then quit
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Yes it is easier than the office politics. I am glad too. Hopefully this job will be good. Who knows.

Well it is time to get ready for some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,504 Member
    Options
    It’s 35 feels like 24 with a high of 39 and chances of snow this morning. Insight Timer Quote: Self-observation is the first step of inner unfolding.—Amit Ray I AM: I make decisions that align with my personal values. Axe Sharpening: You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change.—Sarah Thummel 1st Phorm Advisor Action for Happiness: Connect with someone near you-share a smile or chat. Fitness quote for today: Find your Purpose and make sure you Don’t Waste Your Time.—gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: What you’re going through is preparation not punishment. The Universe is getting you ready for your next phase, and it’s going to be amazing.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 12,613 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Truck Unload at work this morning then weather permitting Active Recovery 30 min walk and 15 min stretching in the gym after work or at home.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain,,, IT'll be a longggg day that's for sure!! Likely tonight you'll sleep amazing!! LOL Office politics is always interesting especially if someone throws a monkey into the wrench!! OH MY!! Seems MOST offices (Larger ones) ALWAYS have that "ONE" person. I am sure the fast food will go fine, it may be a little confusing at first if you've not done that type of work. But, you'll be fine, you are a smart cookie. HAVE FUN at both jobs. Looking forward to hearing your experience. I've worked retail and at that ONLY for the grocery store chain I had worked at (I saw HR the other day and was informed "if you feel better we'll take you back without an interview!" Awww Awwww Awwww!), I've not done fast food. Customers 99% are very good, it's that small 1% and at that it's always my goal to take them from a 10 down to a 1, to get them to say "THANK YOU" but the drunk ones? Well yeah most of them I can get to giggling even when not serving them booze. That was a simple "You seem like such a nice person, I see you bought spaghetti. What type of sauce are you using? " As I'd tuck their booze under the counter. Of course they'd notice "HEY!! MY BEER!" "Oh yes though beer can easily go with spaghetti, we care to much about you so tonight I'll not sell this to you, but you come back in tomorrow, we'll very likely happily serve you." and continue to ask another question. LOL This works very often.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @HI Patti!! Hey its snowing at the "moment" But though we've been in the 30's ALL WEEK with this storm in the 40's and tomorrow in the 50s!! AARRGGHHH!!! So tomorrow rain. Hope you are enjoying the day.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,683 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a mostly cloudy day here today, with some rain later this afternoon. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a short run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • LindieMaeP
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, it's a dreary wet world out there today but I am in side nice and toasty and warm - maybe a little too warm and my window in my room is wide open and I feel the breeeze LOL The oven has been fixed so I am back in business - I was going to put a foil cover for the bottom of the oven, but it's too big and I do not want to cut foil, it could hurt someone. The repair man said I could use it as long as it does not raise the coil to high or touch the coil - well - I tried folding it down but the corners... raise it up ... I'll figure out something at some point, I might just say forget it .. Now I am relaxing for a bit.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 our eggs were not that expensive, Gene got a flat from Walmart and then we separate and date them. I just boiled 10 for him as he likes to have a boiled egg or two with his dinner. So they are cooling off and will go into the fridge. I wound up making the poorman's stirfry last night and Gene took some to work. So that leaves me 3 for meals - but I have lots made. This weekend I want to make some Alfredo with the thin noodle and chicken and maybe a small amount of broccoli but not as much as I did with the other. I used to work in Woolworths way back when and I remember once this drunk came in to buy listerine to drink, I told him I was not selling him that and he whipped the bottle at my head, I ducked and presssed the buzzer for assistance and he left the store. Glad I do not work there anymore ... I've also worked at KF turned out the manager was stealing from the company and it got closed down. Once someone dropped a tray of chicken and he made the employee pick it up and put it for sale - once also someone returned their chicken saying it was not cooked and he put it back for sale too. Ahh glad I no longer work there, OR buy there, lots of things that go on in fast food places AND once my girls were at an expensive restaurant, and the B cake came out with a cockroach on it !!! Fancy that eh !! LOL wasn't my cake was not there. So glad to be retired !!!
    @Tabatha_Cain I am sure you will do well, and you will make your mark there long enough for your purpose. Your welcome, I need to do that video too !! I am doing resistance training every other day for about 1/2 hour - I have one lbs weights I am using too. Sometimes I walk around with them in my hands too.
    @everyone have a wonderful day today and enjoy your Thursday !! Guess what it's almost !!!???!!!
    7ruipy6clskg.gif
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I have no comments about eggs, so I can't egg you all on. Hearing about the prices is eggasperating. As you read this, you'll probably be saying, "She is too tired tonight." And, I am. Took down Christmas decorations at the house today. Then made spaghetti for everyone for dinner. Was a good evening together but I am through for the day.

Greetings to everyone and sending good wishes to all of you.

Word for tomorrow is STRENGTH.

r72t3a9fbf6t.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was another off day. The weather just is not encouraging me to get up and move before it's time to go to work. 3 more shifts. There was a lot of tension in the dining room tonight between residents. I don't know what's going on with them tonight. My friend showed up around 5:30 and helped us so we were out by 6pm. Hung at her house for a bit. She was kind enough to do some laundry for me as I was running out of uniforms and haven't gotten them done. There was no leftovers from work for dinner as we had a full house. So we ordered Wendy's on Hubbies request.