Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,561 Member
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,,, OH THAT was definitely a WICKED Tear jerker!! It'll work out with both the CC and RC, we know it will. Hope the wind isn't to bad. We have a very small snow storm tomorrow, I am hoping I'll be home before it starts, I'll be going into and back from Portland. The draw bridge is scary when it rains, but the snow or more so when it first starts, bridges as we all know freeze first. I am fine with my driving, I am a cautious driver, but others are NOT always, and though the draw bridge is posted 40 most go 60 (not kidding) MHP. So many over the past few years have moved up here, who've never driven on icy/snowy roads, and we've only had one storm here so far this year of only 4"s and most of that was at night. In the day as we all know things change. LOL plus I am older now, so yeah If I do not need to be out I AM NOT! CAREFUL with the wind if you lose power!
    @Novembergail,, hmmm I know someone who did exactly that!!! They didn't live "in the city" but a town next to the city. They had a gorgeous house, and his D won a pot bellied piglet at the fair they went too. LOL WE ALL WARNED HIM!! But, he's not one to listen. When the pig got bigger and started to put its snout into the wood floors (they were beautiful planks) he flipped. I didn't dare to ask what happened to the pig. I still won't. TY TY TY for watching them and helping them as a volunteer to adjust to being animals outside and not horribly spoiled ones. THE THINGS PEOPLE WILL DO!!! I like the word "purpose" today I did next to nothing after a few hours. Its not the best of days, it's not the worse of days, but barely any functioning. ON THE PLUS SIDE I've been able to keep up on MFP today!!!
    @Cseguin2 ,, Oh WOW!! That's a LOT of days with no time off!! INDEED sure hope you can take some ME TIME Days! WOW!! I LOVE how you talked so well with the resident. Often times one can get wrapped up in their own issues it's hard to remember that others have issues too!!! You did that so very very well!!
    What a GORGEOUS PLACE TO WALK!! So neat!!! I LOVE looking out my window all day long, night time etc. at the sky of Portland across the water. I wondered when I moved in here almost 5 years ago if I'd get bored or take the view for granted someday. NOOOOOO!!! I still look out and go "WOW!! OH WOW!! I can't believe I get to see this ALL the time!"
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,448 Member
    Options
    uw9pvrm35t4m.jpg
    I was looking for a picture of Pikes Peak..but this sunrise shot will do..no matter what direction I look there are views to enjoy and give thanks for. Diane thank you for that reminder!! I was letting the pups out this AM and the sunrise was so beautiful it just took my breath away..where's my camera? in the bedroom..duh!! WE do tend to begin to take for granted what surrounds us..gentle nudges are needed at times.
    Long days ..the inactivity is getting to me! yeah doing chair exercises and fitness bands, etc, But it is like being in prison..no freedom to go ..get away ..I was actually dreaming last night of being out there feeding the chickens using my walker to get around..yep this gal is going House Happy! Never been good at sitting still..got that need to do something itch .
    6x4hz2abfgre.gif
    Tee hee...I just keep saying ..this too shall pass !!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Friday and it is going to be a good day. I am going to relax and do my work at work. Maybe I will sell some insurance. That would be nice. I would like to sell something. I only have a couple weeks left in this sales folio to sell before we start the next months Folio. Then I have to reset all the sales stuff for the next time. Today is date night so Joe and I are going to watch movies while we sit on the couch and cuddle. That is going to be a good date night. I am also going to take some shipt orders if there are any. I have to make some money for the wedding.

@tslose - I love walking at the beach also. It is so calming.
    @majork29 - Maybe they got the 2 shots mixed up. Sorry your arm hurts.
    @redgolden966 - I am sure you will get back down to where you were soon
    @dmsl977 - None of our gyms here do actual classes. It is really sad, They do weird things though. But no zumba or anything like that. I wish they did have regular scheduled workout sessions.
    @marg750me - It is so hard to get everything done when you are either working or having back issues. I remember having back issues. Since I have dropped some of my weight the back issues are not as bad but they are still there from time to time. I hope you are able to do more cleaning this weekend and stay in the cleaning mindset.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I need you to write my Facebook posts to sell stuff. You are hilarious. I am just not that creative. Maybe I should just start using the treadmill.
    @LindieMaeP - I am glad you are getting some decent weather. Our weather isn't terribly bad. Manual treadmills are seriously hard work, but can be fun.
    @NovemberGail - That is sad that they just get shoved off to a farm. People should research their animals before getting them. That is why I never got one. They get bigger and I don't want something that big in my house. My dogs are smaller than a pot belly pig would be.
    @CSEGUIN2 - That is so good that he apologized. It was a nice teaching moment. Hopefully it does not happen again.
    @katiecondy1 - Sometimes just sitting outside can help with feeling cooped up. I hope that helps you.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Diane: Yeah I am.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    It’s 27 feels like 27 with a high of 54 today. Insight Timer Quote: If you base your self-esteem on other people’s approval, your confidence will always be unstable.—Adam Grant I AM: I see challenges, not problems. Axe Sharpening: The people in your life need you at your best, and more importantly, you need you at your best to help others.—Laurin Conlin 1st Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: Take five minutes to sit still and just breathe. Fitness quote for today: The harder you train, the quicker you’ll grow.—gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: When you choose to see the blessings showing up for you, the Universe will continue sending them your way.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 15,061 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Active Recovery 30 min walk on Assault Runner with weighted vest and 15 min Full Body stretching using Fitify app in the gym after breakfast.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone it is a dry day here so far and I hope it stays that way, I need to go to the dollar store today and maybe safeway too but we will see. The wind storm came and went but no damage here except maybe small branches and what not nothing major. Course I've not looked at the news yet!
    @Tabatha_Cain I sure hope you get your shipt orders to do ok and you enjoy your date night! Yes perhaps you should use the tredmill lol I want to get a new recombend so have been looking at them. Course I won't buy anything right now, it will have to wait and I will have to save up the money too.
    @Katiecondy1 sitting outside would be a change of pace BUT can you do so without wanting to see something and think, oh I'll just fix this and then sit again and then hours later your knee be screaming !! You really need to be diligent with that knee until you get a better idea of what is going on and follow direction from the doctor(s). In the meantime, why don't you gussy up your walker while you are using it and deco it, I know many women here who have one has done that - I intend to when I get mine! Hope your day goes well !! Love the pictue !! thanks for posting it !!
    @everyone, well this is it, your now sliding on down to the start of the winter 5% - wishing you all the best during this challenge and remember the scale is just one sourse of measurement and success comes in many forms!!
    fiucoxwp8i1a.gif
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -your book looks good too! I put it on my super long list of books to read. Yeah women could get totally framed and then accused! This book is good because only small parts are written in old English. Yup been on thinner winners for awhile. No plans to change unless I need to for some reason (like for spring or whatever).
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Katiecondy1 ,,, OH KATIE!! GORGEOUS!!! Its easy to fall into a routine and maybe not notice what attracted us to an area in the first place. I had a friend over last night. She's been in her place for 3 months, she said when she walks into it she always looks at it as if it's the first time. I LOVE THAT!! Do any of yoru neighbors have animals? If so or any where you can go and volunteer to spend time with them? I know various types of shelters here (One about 30 mins away has horses, goats, donkeys etc) are ALWAYS wanting volunteers. Some just to help the animals to be calmer, others for cleaning out the stalls etc. etc. and of course everything in between. I've been watching the volunteers at the animal shelter we've been visiting (Today they have KITTENS, they'll go VERY FAST but it's lightly snowing and my friend body today is not happy so we'll not go today) they'll have more soon..) the volunteers many of them are just there to sit with the animals for socialating. I'd NOT MIND that and some light cleaning, I'd be FINE with that! I do not know if my body would allow me to be on any type of a schedule.
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Hope today you had a sale or 2 on either work or Shipt orders. ENJOY date night!! I feel that even couples who have a lot of kids should do this weekly ,, all the way through raising them. I have friends who as their 5 kids grew up they would do that,, and a TABOO talk on date night was to talk about the KIDS!!! SMART THINKING!!! As the kids moved out, this couple still deeply loved each other, knew each other well and it wasn't as hard as it was for others as the empty nest hit. Ohhh my imagnation is quite colorfully painted and I do have fun with humor. I'm pretty sure I told you how I learned as a 5 year old that you can sell ANYTHING if you put the words correctly (My Dad, the blade of ordinary grass) LOL he taught us young!!
    @Patti241,,, that's GREAT!!! Any plans this weekend? We have the game that we WERE LOOKING forward to, now it's hanging over our heads. The Pats VS the Bills. THANKFULLY Damar is doing better so maybe both teams will be able to give it their best. The Bills are a much better team then the Pats are, but the Pats never ever just give up. I have asked a friend if she wishes to come over, if she does another one will be invited. When it's just the 3 of us we laugh so hard!! When we get others here, it's still really fun. But for virus reasons we have been keeping it to the 3 of us. I DO NOT NEED THE FLU or even a COLD let alone covid!
    @Lindiemaep ,,, I hope you were able to run your errands!!! WOOHOO to the CHALLENGE STARTING TOMORROW!!! I'll need to POP back over to PS4L soon and catch up the numbers!! THANKFULLY that doesn't take long, but its important. HEY LOOK!! It's NOT going to be much but STILL it's PRETTY!!
    rt3qvx7ojkqq.jpg
    @Bookienj ,,, I LOVE reading it just opens up so much more to us. Sometimes I'll read books about history (usually quite interesting!) people (LOVE reading real stories) and of course fiction and who knows what else!! I am choosey in that I do not enjoy heavily (read between the line,, TOTALLY A PUN INTENDED! LOL) romantic books.
    Hopefully you'll always be able to be on the THINNER WINNERS if that is your wish!! It's a very nice team! With a good goal. WELL they are all very good teams. Each has it's own flavor. Many of us stay on the same team because we are comfy there and or LOL are a leader (RAISING MY PAW!) but I DO also love my team, I had been a Dawggie since 2010. Did play with @Retired_Sue for awhile on the Awesome A team but knew Sue had what it took to simply take the team to the MAXINIUM!! We were not wrong she HAS done just that!! The Awesome A team is now Fit Force, the Dawggies (Spirited Under Dawgs) are now Positively Strong 4 Life.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I have a few Awesome A's from SP on my team - sometimes I forget which ones - but I also have some Rowdy Rebels and a smattering of members from other SP teams as well as a couple who weren't on SP but have joined through MFP. We are all fired up to take on PS4L so - WATCH OUT! 😁😉
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,050 Member
    Options
    k61rrjsdcdd5.jpg

Have a wonderful day.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Retired_Sue ,,, I'm surprised, I just went through our list of members on the PS4L team, half of them 14 are former Dawggies. WOW impressed. The others are from both Sparks various teams or no teams with us, but missed Sparks so much they've joined the 5% on MFP!! WOOHOO and also some from MFP!! Are you hearing as we are "I didn't know any such a group was on MFP!! I LOVE THIS!"? We really thought in the FALL Challenge you all would walk away with the GOLD. BEST TO ALL TEAMS!
    @KUrtize,,, awww could you please put up the pic you did today (Friday) on the team chat? LOL that so had me laughing, probably cause I CAN RELATE SO WELL!!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a long day. Got my cavity fixed around 11:30 am and was still frozen when I went to work. Now I feel like the left side of my face has been punched. I have never been in so much pain after a filling. I am just hoping that I can sleep tonight and the pain is gone by work time tomorrow.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow's word is Adventure! We are all going on the Winter Challenge Adventure. Wishing everyone the best and may we all be healthier in 8 weeks!

2dn6a9bltx08.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2,, I'd try ice on the outside of your face, I have used orajel because yes, it numbs things up. I hate pain. Tylenol may help (I'd be wary of ibuprofen since it can thin the blood if you have any bleeding ,, likely you don't). SO SORRY you are in pain.
    @Novembergail,,, What a DUCKIE WORD TO USE!!! Love it!! Never ever stop adventures even if they change in the way they come and happen.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    6sewphmhzqiy.gif

gztdrduvzk2p.gif

See ya on the flip side eh !!! Have a great night everyone !!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is a relaxed day for me. I do have a couple of things to do but for the most part I am a relaxed day. Joe and I are going to go to the Dollar store and look for more things for the wedding and see what they have. I do need to get a couple of things so that is a good idea to check the Dollar store first.

@LindieMaeP - I tried it once and absolutely hated it. It is really hard to use. I will have to try it again. I am not sure how that will work. Maybe I can get use to it. I have to go to the dollar store as well. Have to look for wedding things. I did get one shipt order done yesterday. So that will be a little something in my wallet.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Joe and I are almost empty nesters. My son who just turned 18 will graduate high school in May and then hopefully he will get a good job and move out with his boyfriend. That is what they are talking about anyways.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I hope you were able to get some sleep last night. Having a tooth filled can be super painful.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Going to get dressed shortly and go for a walk
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    It’s 44 feels like 40 with a high of 45 today. Insight Timer Quote: Shine like the whole universe is yours.—Rumi I AM: I remain calm and trust that the Universe wants what’s best for me. Axe Sharpening: Lead by example. You won’t regret it.—Don Brown 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Learn something new and share it with others. Fitness quote for today: ME Myself and Iron.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: All you need is one little spark inside of you, reminding you that you can go on. Feed that spark, fan it, keep it alive.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 10,324 steps yesterday.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,731 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! It's a partly sunny day here today. My daughter says hello to all. She's working at her part time job today. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk a while ago and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.