Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,447 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well. I am swollen today from everything I ate yesterday so my weight is up. I ate a lot. Not sure why but I just kept eating. I am not sure what is going on. Stress from the wedding or something but I don't really feel stressed. Nothing has been super stressful. So we will see how it goes. I ordered more shakes to help with the weight loss. and I am going back to 2 shakes a day.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I know it is probably bad over there but it looks pretty. Glad you had a friend who was able to help. We have not gotten any snow yet. Well aside from the blizzard we had last month. I remember sitting in front of the tv waiting for them to call a snow day.
    @CSEGUIN2 - You were very productive. Sorry you are out of a job. I am so sorry for the loss of your mom.
    @LindieMaeP - I am thinking we are pretty much done with the wedding for now other than working on paying off the venue and paying off the DJ. We still have linens to buy for the tables though.

Well it is time to get ready to get some food. Have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,348 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Diane: If we get snow I really only want a small amount. So far it has been rain here.

Tabitha: I am the same for today. Yesterday for some reason I just kept eating. I am dusting myself off and getting back on track.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,594 Member
    Options
    It’s 32 feels like 28 with a high of 44 and chance of wintry mix all day. Insight Timer Quote: Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax.—Mark Black. I AM: I treat my body well. Axe Sharpening: At some point, you gotta get tired of sitting on the sidelines and get in the game.—Ty Russ 1st Phorm Elite Athlete. Action for Happiness: Try out something new to get out of your comfort zone. Fitness quote for today: I don’t believe in humans.—unicorn Motivational quote for today: Be thankful for the bumps in your road. They show who’s willing to stay through turbulence and who runs at the first sight of a challenge.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 12,934 steps yesterday.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,086 Member
    Options
    cgdba541r4i4.jpg
  • MegLovesHistory
    MegLovesHistory Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    for lunch, I had half of my chinese takeout from last night... then I had my son's leftovers too... not good. I was already bloated and now I feel icky from all the unhealthy food! I definitely will do better tomorrow.

Also, working out for me is usually walking. But it's been so cold out I usually don't... I'm sorry!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,585 Member
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,, Glad you enjoyed the meeting (I will in the AM no doubt!! Going to try to be in person!). Hope you figured out the lotion. Hope it works also. I've gone back to coconut oil, it makes my hair so nice and my scalp also. THANKS on the nice pictures. Today we had to move the car for plowing (finished snow around 4 in the afternoon yesterday ,,well very lightly til 7 PM) so my friend moved it first thing. She's more of an early bird. I used it to to go the grocery store for a few things, it's back in it's cute spot. HOPEFULLY Gene will stay on the better eating routine. I had been in the ER on Monday with a critically low potassium level, but the blood test yesterday woohoo has me at the PERFECT MARK!! FINALLY!! Now to hold onto that!
    @Novembergail,, Hope you slept very well!! Those turkey tails are so COOL!! PRETTY!!
    @Tabatha_Cain, so sorry about the weight. we know though when it comes on fast, it also goes off fast. You'll take care of it. You are such a strong woman. WOW PROOF is you have most of the wedding already set!! WOW!! GREAT JOB!!!
    @Patti241,,, it's so strange how many haven't had any snow, and how many of us are so far under our average. We are 6 to 8"s under the storm did help us out. With the eating is it from boredom or are you hungry? I know I address this on the PS4L team a little bit ago with a few articles from Sparkpeople. Others did you know you can still search for articles on Sparkpeople? I just put in Sparkpeople for Patti earlier, but it may help others here and those on your teams: Dealing with Hunger and Food Cravings https://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1436
    @Kurtize,, ENJOY the day!!! WOOHOO!! WE ARE OFF!!
  • jeanhickokhaley
    jeanhickokhaley Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    @macrat12 I was a bit off this week too. This week will be better.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,651 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone - it's raining here and I am ok with that, have my exercise done, just have to get my steps in. Since it is inside, it will be march in place OR walking the hallway of the apartment building, both will give me what I need by the end of the day!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 yes was a wonderful public discourse AND WT as well !! I got to participate ! Hope you enjoy inperson but remember that zoom exists for those who have health problems, I know I have so I do zoom and help support those who are also on zoom. Not everyone can go in person. Now tomorrow maybe different. We will see - glad the car got moved for the snow plough!! There was a gorgeous sunrise this morning in which I saw the reflection off the building across the street from me but I was cookign so I could NOT go get a pic - I just figure I'll have another opportunity !!
    @Tabatha_Cain glad all is coming together for the meeting. Enjoy your weekend and have a wonderful time.
    @MegLovesHistory oh oh oh I have been there, I love love chinese food and will go back for seconds, BUT I weigh it out on the scale and in the end, I most likely have 1 serving in 2 servings by weighing it out and then do not feel too bad about it afterwards. I hope you can walk in place, there are some good utube videos for walking, ie Walk With Leslie Sansone, Walk with Debbie Rock, and others. I just put music on my Iphone and away I go. Most of the music has a good beat to it, so I can be encouraged that way. Now I want chinese for din din ... yelling - OH SONNNNNN we need HOT DELIVERY lolol nope I have food prepared in the fridge = it comes first !! BUT I still want Chinese !! or Church's Chicken, oh boy !! Not getting either LOL
    @everyone have a wonderful Saturday or Caturday and enjoy what ever you have planned.
    m7hm8lzt4qcq.gif
    1gslcqn3i85z.gif

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @MegLovesHistory ,, OH YUMMY CHINESE! It's so yummy tasting!!! I'd of done the same thing you did. If you are not limited on how much water you can drink it'll help flush out the sodium Chinese food has in it. If you have a light snack and if you've not eaten supper yet, a light supper unless you are hungry that'll help you also. On Sparkpeople (its a former weight loss site) we learned that losing weight is NOT A "DIE"t, but rather a lifestyle. In it being a lifestyle, no need to beat ourselves up when we eat over etc, but rather to get back to our new habits as soon as we can. NO SHAME please that leads us to thinking we NEED to be perfect and that's impossible. Hope this helps because we ALL DO IT! I'm down 120 lbs and I STILL IT do it from time to time? WHY would I eat something that has mega calories cause I want to and it's YUMMIER!! YES my weight will shoot up a lb maybe more, but I go back to my now eating ways, and its off me in 3 to 4 days. I don't recommend doing it often, but from time to time I SURE DO!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,951 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - reading definitely expands the mind! Well they are back in New Jersey. Drove home late Friday from the college. Thx! Didn’t hear much about yesterday’s audition, heard today’s was rough. Tomorrow is a safety school so not as much pressure.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Bookienj,,, such an exciting time for her and you all!! Glad they had a safe trip. IF she wants this the most I hope she gets it. She seems to be like you ,, she'll go for what she wants with all she has.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Snow is in the forecast this coming week. (Now I don't feel left out 🙄)

@Dianedoessmiles1: Another night I am going to bed late but sleeping like a baby when I hit the pillow.

Tomorrow's word is INSPIRATION

a1g4vh9qcpua.jpg
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,447 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today I work at my second job. I work late 5:30 pm to 10 pm. My usual shift. I do love that job. It gets me up and moving. Today we have church and discussion. I love Sundays for Church and discussion.

@Patti241 - I am too. Not going to let it get me down.
    @MegLovesHistory - I did the same thing the other day too. I definitely overate.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I know I will get it off quick. I am just not sure why I get the cravings to eat a ton all of a sudden.
    @LindieMaeP - That is great that you have a back up to your walks. Everything went good for the meetings
    @NovemberGail - I love snow. I don't like the cold that goes with it though.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,594 Member
    Options
    It’s 34 feels like 29 with a high of 39 today. Insight Timer Quote: Many people are alive but don’t touch the miracle of being alive.—Thich Nhat Hanh I AM: I am proud of who I have become despite life’s obstacles. Axe Sharpening: Success and achievement is always preceded by preparation.—Stormi Knight 1st Phorm Elite Athlete. Action for Happiness: Plan something fun and invite others to join you. Fitness quote for today: Maximum Effort: Every Workout. Every Set. Every Single Rep.—gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Give your time and energy to the people who deserve it, the people who bring you peace and positivity.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 15,059 steps yesterday.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,348 Member
    Options
    Diane: We are supposed to get a little bit of snow today. The overeating is basically out of boredom.

tabitha: I agree
  • SherileeMFP
    SherileeMFP Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    ❓I’m sorry if this isn’t where to post a question but I’ve just joined and would like to know how to get on a team for next season, I’m assuming the Winter 5% teams are closed for new members. If there is another place to ask this, please let me know. Thank you.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,651 Member
    Options
    ❓I’m sorry if this isn’t where to post a question but I’ve just joined and would like to know how to get on a team for next season, I’m assuming the Winter 5% teams are closed for new members. If there is another place to ask this, please let me know. Thank you.

@SherileeMFP you can ask any question you like in this forum, someone will answer you. @Dianedoessmiles1 or @Ceriusly1 or another leader will be able to anwser if you can join this challenge now instead of waiting. Welcome to the 5% community !!
    @Tabatha_Cain enjoy your shift tonight and have fun - work is always better when it is fun !!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 well I hope your morning is going well. Gene got up at 5 after doing an 8 hour fast for blood work only to find out the lab is closed today!! When he left I asked him if he was sure it was open, he said it was. By 7 he realised it was not open and went and checked the sign. I asked him before he left to pick up breakfast on the way back from MacDonalds and sure enough he brought me my fav - bacon and egg mcmuffin so I got to enjoy that this morning with the rest of my breakfast ( I was not sure he would go there !! ) Now he has to do the 8 hour fast again for tomorrow !! LOL No snow here, just cold and rain.
    @NovemberGail do keep the snow , I have had enough for one year !! LOL as always love the pictures you share !!
    @everyone I hope your having a wonderful day and are enjoying what ever you have planned. May you all have peace !!
    zue8wtxfpbkd.gif
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,746 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a mostly cloudy and mild day here today. my daughter says hi to all. she is working at her part time job today. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a run earlier this morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. i did get to see my good friend yesterday. we spent some time catching up and just hanging out. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,086 Member
    Options
    xj4yiyxq5ko5.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @Novembergail, ,, That's SO PRETTY!! What a wonderful area you live in!!! Hope you got some deep sleep!! I woke up early, but that was also benefit so I could have extra showering time.
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, Sometimes a craving hits, sometimes we saw something advertised, and it plays in our minds in the background and before long,,, well that's why they pay for catchy ads. ENJOY WORK tonight. I did LOVE working from 4 to closing with the grocery store, once the head up managers leave,,, LOL we got to play more and well you all know me enough to know I LOVE THAT!
    @Patti241,,,, Thanks. Do you have any jobbies you can do when bored? You you like to do crosswords? Drawing? painting or learning any of those? Knitting? Adult coloring books? Reading? Online cards (I AM SHARPENING UP My CRIBBAGE PLAYS because the informal 2 games start this WEDS!! AND I WANNA WIN!)? Anything to keep your hands busy? If my house needs housework that helps me too!! Oh and answering to others posts, that clearly keeps my hands busy.
    @SherileeMFP,,,

SO HAPPY to have you with us Sherilee!! Here's the link. You are on the correct team, the feed is(the link will take you right there) I'll also try to email you. WELCOME ABOARD!! :
    💺Winter Seat Requests Here Only💺
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10881017/winter-seat-requests-here-only#latest

@Lindiemaep ,, THANKS for the HEADS up for Sheri. I did also email her.
    It's so pretty out!! SO PRETTY INDEED!!! So sorry when Gene got there they were not open. I ALWAYS double check now because at times staffing shortages means NO we are not open. It's only a 15 to 20 min drive, but still!! It's about 5 miles here, but yeah. CITY!! LOLOL!! I hope Gene can try again without any difficulty. YUMMY Egg McMuffin. Today on the way home from meeting I was so CRAVING A BIG MAC!!! BUT!!! I didn't want to get one that was COLD and the fries cold, and the way they make a big mac and the way I do ,, well mine IS healthier!! I just take the hamburger mix it with garlic (YUMMY) garlic powder, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce. Put it into the air fryer. YUMMY!! I only use 1 burger not 2, and OH MY!! It was way better then what they serve now!! And of course my fries were WAY better then theirs!!! Once I got stuff cut up (onions, garlic) it was only 12 mins of cooking, shorter than getting the car ,,driving down, waiting in line to order,, paying, picking up if no customer in front of me has a hissy fit and driving back home. I am only 3 or 4 mins away, but then to get inside it's 3 to 4 mins to my place. By that time the fries are ALWAYS getting cold, and the burger is cold. This way it's ALL HOT!
    @Cormierannie, glad you got to hang with your friend.
    @Kurtize,,, it's a GOOD DAY for a blanket too!! LOL Linus is so cute!! May your Sunday be ROARSOME!!