JANUARY 2023 CHALLENGE -- 01/01-- 01/31

Options
cpanus
cpanus Posts: 19,297 Member
It's a brand new year, my friends!! Have fun! Eat cake!!!!!!!
Let's try this one...
https://youtu.be/StN0-7XLuR4
And...this one
https://youtu.be/HuYoYJX9pgU
Let us know what you think.
Chris

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,859 Member
    Options
    Chris while I have not done the videos . I did notice that you said eat cake. I can tell you it was delicious.

Shell
  • cpanus
    Options
    :D<3:D<3:D<3:D<3:D<3:D<3
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,239 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 148
    Jan 31 Goal weight: 169.9

Dec 31 weight - 175.8
    Jan 1 weight - 175.2
    Jan 3 weight -
    Jan 10 weight -
    Jan 17 weight-
    Jan 24 weight -
    Jan 31 weight -

I really need to get off to a good start. Meal planning begins Monday morning. Exercise, exercise, exercise! Since I said be intentional this year and no resolutions…I intend to reach my goal weight this year. That means 25-30 pounds. Very doable. 💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾

Also leave the depression behind in 2022.

Happy NewYear ladies! ❤️

Kathy

• cpanus
    Options
    I'm with you, Kathy. We can do this!!
    Today is beautiful, clear and really windy!! It's 58 degrees (feels like 55) with 20 mph winds out of the NNW. The wind is cold and brutal...and killing all my whirly gigs out front!! It's supposed to die down this afternoon...we'll see. I'm not going out in it yet.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 317
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 138
    Jan 31 Goal weight: 199

Dec 31 weight - 201.7
    Jan 1 weight - 202.0
    Jan 3 weight -
    Jan 10 weight -
    Jan 17 weight-
    Jan 24 weight -
    Jan 31 weight -

It's so nice to be losing again, slowly but surely.

Paula

• zumbaforever
    Options
    Kathy love your determination. I am sore again from my exercising yesterday.

Chris we are windy here also. And there looks to be a foot of fresh snow. Not going outside.

Paula it does feel good to get it off. Great going.

Planning on exercising tomorrow. Did nothing today. 😆😇

Shell
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Highest weight ever: 306 (2013)
    Ultimate goal weight: 160
    1/2 - 174.3
    January goal - 168

I did eat cake lol! Back to my fasting today....some of this should come off quickly. Also ate pork and sauerkraut for good luck. We all need that!!

I think I've mentioned some pain in my hands....I've been worried about carpal tunnel. My chiropractor told me he thinks it is my shoulder and an adjustment a few weeks ago helped. My doctor told me to do some exercised. I suspect it might be a pinched nerve in my back. I googled ( of course) and found out how to sleep with a pinched nerve and low and behold...I didn't wake up with pain in my hands...still getting a little numb here and there. I have a chiropractor appointment Saturday, but may try to get in earlier as well...keys see. It's making exercise tough right now..

Happy New Year Gals! Here's to a healthy 2023!!

Karen
  • cpanus
    Options
    Had Collin time this morning. It really helps Sara out. Ronan came home with me to play w/Grandpa.
    I was thinking about walking today, but so far it's windy and cold...47 feels like 43 out there, winds at 9 mph and supposed to rain again...64% chance right now. We'll just wait and see.
    The wind killed my three big whirligigs. Pat fixed two of them and the third one I made smaller...sigh...darn wind!
    Have a great day, my friends.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    My two loves!!!
    nheuk4uj5lhj.jpg
    <3<3
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Chris,

You're gonna be (and already are) those grandparents where the grandkids are hanging out at your house all the time. My ex lived next door to his and could be found at either place.

Extended families enfold the soul with unspoken love, whispering to children "you are good," "you are safe," "you are special." <3 So blessed.

paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris, what Paula said. Love the shirts. And Ronan looks so grown-up. My whirly gigs can handle the wind pretty well. I bought them from Mark White. Kinetic wind sculptures. Rocky and I both love them. We bought 3 of them over about 8 years or so.

Karen I might need to Google that also. My hips hurt at night. Good luck.

Paula you always say the right thing. Inspiring.

The courthouse is closed tomorrow. Giving crews a bit more time to clean up after the 14 inches of snow we received. I did not go anywhere.

Shell
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thanks, Paula.
    Shelley, we have a number of different whirligigs out there. The ones that came apart are kinda flimsy. We'll see how long they last. I'm going to check out your gigs... :D
    Collin time this morning. And it is too cold for this girl out there. Nopey, nope...no walking today and rain the rest of the week. Man!! when does summer get here????
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Chris - such cuties! I bet Sara is grateful for the help.

Kathy - do you go to the chiropractor? My chiropractor always adjust my hips. I can say yoga has helped my hips tremendously.

Cold and rainy here today. I was in the office. Didn't get a chance to do any exercise. when I got home I ate quickly and then started to take down the Christmas decorations. Is going up-and-down the basement steps 15 times count? Lol! Jim isn't able to help at this point unfortunately. Felt like a workout!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,239 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 148
    Jan 31 Goal weight: 169.9

Dec 31 weight - 175.8
    Jan 1 weight - 175.2
    Jan 3 weight - 175.6
    Jan 10 weight -
    Jan 17 weight-
    Jan 24 weight -
    Jan 31 weight

Kathy

• zumbaforever
    Options
    Karen it has to count some. Hopefully Jim will be better soon. Yoga helps with almost everything. Keep going.

Chris you are really great to help so much. I was unable to help much. We used to get the wind sculptures that cost a couple of hundred dollars. The wind here is pretty fierce in the winter. They never lasted more than 2 years. These ones have never failed us.

Did body pump 102. I found it on Bilibili. It let me play it without signing up. I get a lot of conflicting information about the site. But the workout was great. My angel fish seem to like the large mushroom I added to their tank. Like in on their menu! Brats.

Shell
  • cpanus
    Options
    It is raining here...supposed to continue raining and winds are supposed to get to 25 mph!! That makes the rain drops like arrows piercing your body!!! EGADS! Don't know if I'm gonna walk when it stops. Pat's been riding the recumbent bike...he suggested I should too if I can't get out there and walk...maybe.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Okay, I got out there at 12:30. The wind was fierce but not really cold...just cold. Pushed me around some. Rained on me twice but dried in between. Not the most fun but I got it done.
    7.20 miles in 144 mins up to the top of the Water District trail so I could see Mt. Diablo...bwahahahah! Nopey, nope!
    What it looked like...
    jf9yjls5zlov.jpg
    What it should have looked like...
    nu0szxab919q.jpg
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Hey Chris, So nice that you were able to get out. Not surprised you were buffeted, winds are averaging 30mph in the East Bay with 60mph gusts at the Oakland airport.

Up here, trees are falling, routes flooded and roads washed out. We're saturated and still getting 4-6" rain days. There are teams working round the clock to keep people safe.

Closing the curtains helps me ignore the storm (and avoid triggers). And the generator is working, so the kitters and I have lights and internet. Good enough.

Got a good workout today (emptying buckets, gassing the generator, stringing electric cords) and missed lunch. But a high protein&fat snack (nut-cheese, jerky, pecans & 3 dried apricots) made up for that. All satiated now and contemplating a warm tub bath by candlelight, mmmm...

Hope y'all are staying safe, warm and cozy,
    Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    nr7tzm3bx6ly.png

Chris above is a photo of just one way a towel topper can be made. There are SO many variations. I will post mine when it is done.

Shell
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula stay warm also. So glad you have a generator. They are wonderful.

Chris I love your walking area. Mine was from court to court.

Nothing exciting here. Crocheted a little.

Nite all

Shell