JANUARY 2023 CHALLENGE -- 01/01-- 01/31

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,356 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Shelley, I used to do court to courts when we first moved here then Pat started walking with me and we walked everywhere. I miss that. Wish he was up for doing that again. I do walk some of the places we used to go...places that are safe.
    I used to crochet...cross stitch...sew. Grew up sewing. My mom was a seamstress for different stores way back in the day...she taught me to sew when I was eight or nine. We both worked for Singer Company when it was a store with fabric and sewing machines. Haven't done any of that in a very long time.
    Going to walk tomorrow...not supposed to rain...we'll see.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,877 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Chris I understand. Sanara used to work out with me. Take long walks together. Then her ankle issues. She is seriously considering amputation. Walking alone is lonely. Libby and Barney help. My mom taught me to sew also. My grandma was a great seamstress. Nothing she couldn't do. I once took apart a pair of Rocky's jeans. Used them as a pattern to make him new ones. Now I just mend, put on patches and crochet. Might knit at times. I like making doilies also.

Worked out a little tonight.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Stay safe Paula....this weather js nutty

Haven't been able to exercise too much this week with you. Going to sunrise yoga on 30 min though.

Highest weight ever: 306 (2013)
    Ultimate goal weight: 160
    1/2 - 174.3
    1/6 - 169.9
    January goal - 168
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,692 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 317
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 138
    Jan 31 Goal weight: 199

Dec 31 weight - 201.7
    Jan 1 weight - 202.0
    Jan 3 weight - 202.8
    Jan 10 weight -
    Jan 17 weight-
    Jan 24 weight -
    Jan 31 weight -

No power for the last few days. It's cold with no (electric) oven or room heaters (they blow the generator). So I'm living in an old 3X down coat (from before I lost weight) which is very roomy and cozy but too heavy to weigh in. It was nice to weigh today and find no gain, per se.

Roughing it is not bad. Makes me wonder if this is what it's like being Inuit - safe inside warm trappings.

Hoping families are healing. <3

Best wishes to you all,
    Paula
  • cpanus
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I got 7.01 miles done in 139 mins this afternoon...went thru the mud and leaves at one stretch of it. Half way down the mud path I had to find a tree stump to sit on and scraped the two inches of mud off my shoes with a sharp rock then at the end of the mud trail, I stopped, leaned against a fence post and just grabbed the mud and leaves off my shoes with my hands. I laughed the entire way. Good thing the squirrels were my only witnesses!!
    My trainer should be back Monday...maybe.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula I hope your spirits remain good. I think my fish would look good in down. I hope you have some puzzles. Stay safe and hopefully you will have power soon.

Chris I was scraping mud up at camp last year. Your mud adventures sound so much better.

Worked out today.

Shell
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, I was taller for a few minutes!! Pat cleaned up my shoes and clogged the drain in the laundry room... :#
    I sat and read today...no walking for me. I convinced myself it was threatening rain and it was cold and windy out there... :o I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get out there tomorrow, tho... :D
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Going for a walk now...well, getting ready to go.... :D
    Back later.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    I got 7.31 miles done in 139 mins this morning. Up the hill!! Good walk. Not many people out. The wind was a little cold and strong but the sun was out...sorta...clouds everywhere. Supposed to rain tonight. Today was great!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I hope your drain is unplugged now. But at least Pat saved you. Taller, you are tall already. :)

I worked out yesterday. Did a Body flow by Les Mills. It was tough. But so needed. Today I had company. A gal I met on line stopped by. I gave her some corals. And my friends stopped by with their baby. What a cutie. It was a good day.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    My power is back on after five days. Had hot meals for breakfast and dinner.

Chris, I'm gonna try the no-jumping workout. Looks good!

Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, I lost a inch and a half in height due to arthritis, so the muddy two inches was kinda thrilling!!
    Paula, so happy for you. What a total pain!!
    Collin time this morning. My trainer is still out...I'm going to read this afternoon!! Might walk tomorrow depending on the weather.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Paula - Glad your power is back!! You are one strong cookie!

Shelley - how so you like Les Mills? We have a few around here....I've been curious..

I've had a few days off from exercise (unintentional)...just busy with a lot. Was planning to yoga tonight, but Mom worked hard on a nice dinner...so ate with her!

Maybe tomorrow!

Karen
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula so happy for you. Being without power is such a pain. Did you have a hot shower or soak in the tub?

Chris that is awful. But I don't recommend the mud coating your shoes as a choice. o:)

Karen I like the body pump. Keeps me moving. But don't recommend completing the lunge track the first time. Also enjoy the body flow. Not good at it but I try. Led Mills has a few others. They can be tough.

New carpet going in at work for circuit court. Really stinks and causing loads of logistic issues.
    Worked out tonight. Did upper body workout

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Here's the latest info from Neon_Vampire. It looks like Karen and I might be separate, but Chris and Shelley got into the same house. If you got friend requests, that was to help them send you invites.

Hope you all enjoy it!
    Hi Paula,

I'm a little late to the game today but I do know that owls have started to fly! We weren't able to sort you all into the same house but I did manage to pull some strings to get Chris and Shelley together. Since students participating in the current term are the first to get access to the new terms application, if all four of you decide to come back next term you can try and coordinate applying early, and with the same house preference, which should give you a high chance of all being sorted together.

I believe friend requests have been sent to Chris, Karen and Shelley from the prefects for the houses they were sorted into, so incase they are wondering where their owls are let them know they'll need to accept the friend requests first, otherwise messages won't go through, and then once they prefects see their friend requests were accepted they'll go in and send out the owls, so hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday they should get know what house they've been sorted into.

I hope you have a lovely evening!

~ Neon
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Paula- just saw mine..Hufflepuff. Anyone else in that house?

Karen
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 148
    Jan 31 Goal weight: 169.9

Dec 31 weight - 175.8
    Jan 1 weight - 175.2
    Jan 3 weight - 175.6
    Jan 10 weight - 177.2 🤷🏽‍♀️
    Jan 17 weight-
    Jan 24 weight -
    Jan 31 weight

Three more weeks to make progress. Going to have to do more at home workouts. Just can’t seem to get to the gym. Can’t leave mom alone and don want to stress my niece. She’s very busy at work. Going to try for 2 days at gym with my trainer and everything else will have to be at home…at least for now. 💪🏾

Kathy

• PaulaKro
    edited January 2023
    Options
    kjs1228 wrote: »
    Paula- just saw mine..Hufflepuff. Anyone else in that house?

Karen

Probably not, since Chris & Shelley are in the same House, and I'm in Slytherin. But everyone is in Hogwarts where there are shared chatrooms, like Hagrid's Hut.

Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    Paula, I hope you are okay on your mountain.
    I had Collin time this morning then brought Ronan home to play with Grandpa.
    I didn't walk today. Our housekeeper came and I had to get the house ready for her...had to clean up to get it cleaned up!!
    I was going to walk to the post office tomorrow but the forecast is calling for rain ALL DAY LONG!! Who knows...it might clear up...maybe.
    My trainer is still out.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    My ex had a mudslide (across town from me). He and his house are okay but he lost a shed and trees. I check daily but so far he hasn't opted to come stay over here instead. It's a good workout walking up and down his driveway every day. :laugh:

Chris, Have you seen the pictures on TV? Mudslides, roads out, trees down and floods all over California. We need a break so you can go walking! I heard it might start drying out soon. <3 Nice to see the snowpack and the reservoirs filling up though. We need that badly.

Paula