WaistAways Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,155 Member
    Options
    Sorry, got a little busy the last couple days and got a bit behind.

@micki48 Your experience is the first I'm hearing of this ocular migraine.. sounds scary but glad it all turned out okay. And boy we have a lot of knowledgeable people in this group

@DD265 You are such a logical thinker and clearly you make your decisions with a lot of thought behind them. Looking forward to hearing which path you choose.

Welcome back @Gidgitgoescrzy .. nice to see you again

Step report still to come so you are not too late @jugar

I had a bad day at work yesterday and it was a planned pizza night but I lost my give a crap and ate too much. Today was on track..got my steps, ate reasonably at dinner out with friends. Oh the ebbs and flows!

I saw some great lows on the scale this week but I'm not sure I'll combat the pizza damage by tomorrow. We shall see!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 153
    CW 154.6

I guess it wasn't a fluke because that is what is was yesterday.

I averaged 1467 calories
    My macros were 40/28/32
    26 grams of fiber
    I was under for sugar and sodium. I cooked everything and feel those numbers are accurate.
    I don't understand what I am doing wrong.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,268 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @DianaGetsFit512
    Make sure to follow up on the glaucoma suspect diagnosis as glaucoma is easily treated and managed if caught on time. Are they going to make you do a visual field or just watch you yearly?

Thank you so much for all of your professional advice. I truly appreciate it. I have an appointment for a follow up in 4 months and they are going to do a visual field test then. I may have more questions for you because my eye does not seem quite back to normal. He told me I have a floater and now I feel like my eye is constantly seeing it. Do you know if a floater can break up/move to a different spot? He mentioned something like that, but since the event, I feel like I see it constantly or my eyes have gook. Is this because of the ocular migraine or might it be something else? I'll give it a couple days I guess and see if it gets better.

I'm back at school today, trying not to see this thing in my eye. The kids are restless today! LOL

I have had a good week logging and with food choices. So happy to make that little bit of progress. Every little bit counts toward success, right?

Have a great day everyone. Make good choices. Drink your water. Run around naked in the cold!! :smile: (My neighbors may have a problem with me doing that in my yard. LOL)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    PW 153
    CW 154.6

I guess it wasn't a fluke because that is what is was yesterday.

I averaged 1467 calories
    My macros were 40/28/32
    26 grams of fiber
    I was under for sugar and sodium. I cooked everything and feel those numbers are accurate.
    I don't understand what I am doing wrong.
    I don't think you're doing anything wrong, Kelly - but it might be time for an adjustment! You may need to go down in calories, or juggle around the macros a bit to see if a different balance helps. Or even within a macro - I know I have mentioned it many times, but when my carbs include grains, I gain weight. Same calories, but somehow the grains have a big effect on my weight. I don't avoid them altogether, just keep them on the lowest end of any carb consumption and don't eat them every day.

In any case, plateaus are sometimes your body just adjusting to a new level and needing some time to learn the "new normal". If you have not budged for a while, though, it's time for an adjustment. I aim for 1200 calories no matter what, and that allows for a certain amount of inaccuracy without worries. I'm probably eating more than 1200, and on heavy exercise days I sometimes eat more. But aiming low helps me stay aware. If you can be really accurate, you won't need to fool around with that, though!

Maybe try making one change and see if there is an effect over a couple of weeks. If not, change something else. You'll find it!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,155 Member
    Options
    DD265 wrote: »
    We came back, talked about it, concluded what I said above, and then I saw a letter had arrived. The results of my cervical screening - which we were waiting for to get started on that family - all clear. I am genuinely excited about our baby-to-be, and I am 100% certain that we've made the right decision.

Amazing news! A path forward, an all clear result... so happy for you two and for what the future holds!
  • jugar
    Options
    Friday is upon us! Don't forget to get upon your scales!

@EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @LoraineGB
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @wishfuljune

and
    @kto0194
    @Meals12

Thanks!
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @micki48

Had you never noticed the floater before?

For the most part floaters are pretty common and usually they settle down with time and/or your brain learns that it isn’t something outside of your eye so it tunes it out. So it will eventually become less annoying for sure.

There’s a special type of floater called a PVD which tends to happen to most of us eventually. It occurs when the jelly in the eye, the vitreous, detaches from the retina specially the optic nerve where it is originally strongly attached. When it first happens most people will notices flashes of lights, but not always. Could be that this weird experience made you aware of it even if you had it already or part of the weird sensation could have been that detaching.

Regardless, important to be aware of any changes with it for example new floaters, new flashes or a curtain covering any portion of your vision. If so you’d want to let your eye doctor know ASAP as that can be a sign of a retinal tear. Sorry for the long winded answer… probably put you to sleep lol
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in! Not as crucial but if I want to switch back to the regular team in February, would this week's weigh in be my starting weight for February or next week?
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was good, no exercise, we didn't get home till after 8pm.

Today is a good day, Fridays I don't exercise at home, because the hubby doesn't work on Fridays, but this weekend I am hooking up a dvd player in the basement room, so I will be able to exercise on Friday mornings also... But I will exercise when I get home from work.

Not alot going on this weekend which I am thankful for, I do want to go take a nice long walk tomorrow, so I will make that happen.

Have a great weekend, I will see you all on Monday ! :)

• jugar
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in! Not as crucial but if I want to switch back to the regular team in February, would this week's weigh in be my starting weight for February or next week?

next week would be the Feb start
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit it was definitely an either/or situation and that was part of the dilemma. I didn't feel that we could comfortably afford the increase in mortgage plus childcare, nevermind money on top for home improvements. I am not looking forward to fitting childcare in our current budget, but we don't have any alternatives. I keep buying the odd lottery ticket. ;)

Had PT this morning; I'd moved it from Tuesday as I was still so full of cold. It was a slow session with more stiffness than we're used to, which is hopefully just as a result of being ill and a stressful few days. I still get a headache if I look down, so we did a bit of work on squat depth (looking straight ahead!) and also wrist mobility which is something I really struggle with.

I've got lots I want to do this weekend, but that ought to also include some batch cooking because the freezer has more ingredients/parts than meals in it at this stage. Working on the meal plan now - looking at our pressure cooker recipes as we haven't tried that function of the Foodi yet.
This discussion has been closed.