Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WeightNoMore Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Replies

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,614 Member
    @Iamafrespirit that's great that your step count is increasing, well done. Little by little, you'll get there.

@Zumba_Luvah I hope you feel much better soon, your doing well.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited January 2023
    @Zumba_Luvah - Even with a head cold you still did very well! Rest is just as important as exercise.

My steps have been down quite a bit since the beginning of the year compared to the last couple months of 2022. I had a head cold the first week of the year and had to take a day off. Last Thursday I had the 2nd dose of the singles vaccine and ran a fever all day Friday so had to take another day off. Those 2 weeks when I took a day of rest are the weeks when the scale dropped the most. When I weighed in on my normal day Friday I was only down .1 so, after a day of rest on Friday, I weighed myself again on Saturday and I was down 1.6!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    I practiced hard and stayed to goal all weekend. I am hoping for another loss this week but we all know how fickle the scale is. It was a nice weekend all around. Full of family, fun, and work. Even work is fun when you do it with family. Did my food prepping yesterday. So I have set myself up for success. Yeeee Hawww!
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 610 Member
    Steps
    01/15 2031
    01/16 10527
    01/17 10073
    01/18 4182
    01/19 10610
    01/20 5310
    01/21 2202

total: 44,935
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Good work everyone on the steps and weight loss. I gained a little last week and ready to drop a couple of pounds. My doctor decided the last meds were not working and I have one or two options left. She is dragging her feet on getting started but I hope it works when we do start again. It is pill so no more long waits x for infusion appointments. Yay!!!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Steps
    Sun 1470
    Mon 1986
    Tue 4902
    Wed 2225
    Thu 2597
    Fri 2124
    sat 1941

Not a god weak for walking. I was very cold and staying under the covers
    Went to see "Come from away" yesterday and highly recommend seeing it
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,461 Member
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Have any of you taken measurements to chart your progress?

It's been a while since I've taken actual measurements, but I take a progress picture in the same dress every single year. I'll have to post it here when I get around to it again in July.
  • Iamafrespirit
    Iamafrespirit Posts: 30 Member
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Have any of you taken measurements to chart your progress?

I keep telling myself that I need to do that. My scale is moving slowly but I can feel the difference in my body and the way my clothes fit me and I think seeing the numbers change will be motivating. I am pledging now that on Wednesday when I do my official weigh in - I will also take measurements.
    It's been a while since I've taken actual measurements, but I take a progress picture in the same dress every single year. I'll have to post it here when I get around to it again in July.
    I like this idea!
  • BodyTalking
    I took measurements last year but haven't compared now to then yet. Maybe soon...
  • BodyTalking
    I bought a mango today and it was so juicy 😋 Had it with melon and pineapple this evening.
  • BodyTalking
    vfbvmhu0c8m6.jpg
    My personal challenge hearty cheers for last week 😁
  • JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    @JessicaVRosati Dehydrated foods are delicious. And I love Mangos. Will you be adding pineapple to your mix as well? I dehydrate kale and spinach. Makes for a nice salty treat.

Yes, I plan to do pineapple and papaya as well. I like the idea of drying kale and spinach.
  • JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    I bought a mango today and it was so juicy 😋 Had it with melon and pineapple this evening.

Mangoes are my favorite!
This discussion has been closed.