Downsizers Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
edited January 2023 in Social Groups
2ujzw9ne0lz2.png
Happy New Year! Here is your Team chat room for January 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

This month's F2F goal? Let's not be that dreaded drop-out statistic! Stick with your new year energy and follow through. As a team we can do it!

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @fatfifties
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The January challenge runs from January 1 - 28. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,494 Member
    Options
    Let’s get to know each other!

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb

5. What is your favourite way to workout?

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Housekeeping

Weigh In
    I will post a weigh in reminder every day. Please use the following format for reporting your weight as it makes it much easier to find. Let me know if you need to change your weigh in day or have to miss a week.

Username
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Daily Check In
    You can do this in any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. Let her know if you want to join

Weekly Group Challenge
    Each week there is a group challenge that runs from Sunday to Saturday. Jessica, one of the moderators, will post a link each week. Take time to check them out.

Introductions
    Take time to introduce yourself. It’s fun to get to know each other. Let us know what you want to be called, where you are from and why you are on this journey. If you have been on this journey for awhile tell us about your successes.

We are looking a motivator. If interested let us know and we can give you more information.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.
    My name is Linda and I am one of the team captains. I am 58, married with 3 adult children. I have 4 beautiful granddaughters. I am originally from Newfoundland but I have lived in London, Ontario for the last 23 years. I love to read and play cards.

I started my weight loss in February 2019. I started to get my diabetes under control and improve my health.

Lack of sleep and stress are my biggest triggers. I try to keep my bedtime routine the same.

I count calories

Swimming

Log food daily, workout 4 times a week

Support

Don’t give up. If you are struggling, post and ask your teammates for help.

• rorojones95
    rorojones95 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me to the team! I’ve done MFP before and did well but as soon as I got comfortable with the weight…..it creeped back up and here I am again! I’m looking over all the post from December to get an idea on what goes on. I’m still getting a little lost in this area! I hope everyone is successful in 2023! Saying prayers for all!
  • Jesi1011
    Jesi1011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? What are some of your hobbies? Etc. My name is Jesica and mom to 3 kiddos; 4.5, 11, and oldest will be 13 next week! ATM I’ve been focusing on work (recently promoted VP of a retail/service company!) learning and making sure things are running smoothly. Family is very important and usually doing something with the kids on the weekends.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start? Im at my highest weight ever. Always struggled with weight (usually around 175). but got done to 145 in 2015/2016. Slowly gained it back and got pregnant- came home around 195 and been there since. Need to get myself back, feel better, have more energy and just be happy with myself

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? Sweets; chocolate. Don’t buy them!

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb no, just try to meal prep & don’t eat out!

5. What is your favourite way to workout? When I lost last time I did it by tracking and walking/running. Really enjoyed it. I’ll be heading back to the gym this time until it gets nicer out.

Track everything and walk 30-60mins or gym 5/7days
    7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions? Hoping for support and motivation!

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates. Never give up and you got this! One day at a time

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    Jesi1011 wrote: »

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? What are some of your hobbies? Etc. My name is Jesica and mom to 3 kiddos; 4.5, 11, and oldest will be 13 next week! ATM I’ve been focusing on work (recently promoted VP of a retail/service company!) learning and making sure things are running smoothly. Family is very important and usually doing something with the kids on the weekends.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start? Im at my highest weight ever. Always struggled with weight (usually around 175). but got done to 145 in 2015/2016. Slowly gained it back and got pregnant- came home around 195 and been there since. Need to get myself back, feel better, have more energy and just be happy with myself

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? Sweets; chocolate. Don’t buy them!

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb no, just try to meal prep & don’t eat out!

5. What is your favourite way to workout? When I lost last time I did it by tracking and walking/running. Really enjoyed it. I’ll be heading back to the gym this time until it gets nicer out.

Track everything and walk 30-60mins or gym 5/7days
    7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions? Hoping for support and motivation!

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates. Never give up and you got this! One day at a time

Welcome to our wonderful group...Wishing you the very best on your journey :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    d2310fbodft2.jpeg
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Greg and I'm from Windsor Ontario Canada

I started my journey Feb.24 2022 weighing 388.6 pounds

I now weigh 249.8. 14ish away from my goal. I run 5km 3 days on, 1 day off with strength training after

My January weight goal is to get to 240

My NSV goal is to hit 6.0 mph on the treadmill for my run. I currently run 5.5 for 30 minutes.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    For the ones that are excused on the step challenge ...Please let me know if you want to stay excused or would like to return to the step challenge ......Thanks :)
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Downsizers!!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970

:smile:
    2,888 steps
    for me please
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Happy New Year Downsizers!!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970

:smile:
    2,888 steps
    for me please

Is this your step pledge?
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    The January Week 1 Group Challenge is ready to begin on Sun, Jan 1st. Please join us for "Things to Decree in 2023". Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10880699/january-week-1-group-challenge-things-to-decree-in-2023#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    January Habit Tracker! A great way to check off those little habits every day:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878952/habit-tracker-january-2023#latest
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Dont forget to fill out the introduction questions.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    1h4gpl2oo2np.jpeg
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 3,262
    Sleep:✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Log food: ✔️✔️✔️
    Exercise: ✔️✔️

Happy New Year! Last week I did great on sleep and had a small loss. I need to log my food consistently and up my exercise in the coming week. My husband goes back to work on Tuesday so I am hoping to get back to a routine. It feels like the weekend when he is off on holidays.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    cormierannie
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW: 137 pounds
    CW: 137 pounds
This discussion has been closed.