Just turned 40

Options
wip1983
wip1983 Posts: 23 Member
Yesterday was my birthday and I need to get serious about my health. I used to be so serious about it when I was in my 20’s back when I had a ton of energy and motivation lol I lost 80lbs and was running marathons. I’ve gotten soft and lazy and I can’t keep on this way. I have really been noticing the aches and pains aren’t bouncing back like they used to and I know being heavy isn’t helping anything. I really do want to be healthy and fit in my 40’s. I know how important it is and I’ve done this all before so I know what I need to do l, I just need to do it all again. It’s definitely a daunting task starting all over again but it’s the only way to make it happen. Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Replies

• MuffinTopMan74
    MuffinTopMan74 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    :p I am 5 weeks into trying to get healthier and get a little spring back into step. The first week killed me in the gym, but tonight I am tired and slightly sore from muscle fatigue but not crippled with DOMS. Lol. Also, I am getting stronger and added a bit of weight, and my 3 miles walks are getting faster and easier without strain. I am still working on my diet as I am trying to eat the right amount of calories, protein %, and such things. I gained weight, but now I have gone down and am slimming, but the weight loss has tapered off. I wish you luck, and remember, slow and steady, don't crash diet, and enjoy yourself.
  • Hot4my40s
    Hot4my40s Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m turning 40 in September. Although, I know I will not be at my ideal weight I hope to at least start on a healthier journey.
  • Mofit40
    Mofit40 Posts: 33 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hope everyone is being deliagent in there weight loss journey, I just joined this group a couple of weeks ago, So far havent heard anything about being 40 and trying to lose weight with a good attitude🫣🌹! We all know that it is not easy, but keep up the good work..

• Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,844 Member
    Options
    I’m with you in this journey, the only way to make it easy to follow the right process. I’m sure we can do it, starting with you from today. Let’s do this! 🔥🔥🔥