MARCH 2023 CHALLENGES - 03/01 -- 03/31

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,851 Member
    Options
    Chris I will have to take photos of how mine do and post some photos of them. The clematis should do great. I always worry about the roses. I hope you find some good glasses. Lots of folks are getting clear ones here.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Happy Weekend Ladies!

Cold and rainy here in PA! I did a Peleton HIIT workout....it was fun and challenging.....

Lots of organizing, cleaning etc today.....Another day in paradise! Tomorrow is designer bag bingo...wish us luck!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,227 Member
    Options
    You guys have inspired me. I ordered 4 butterfly bushes and they arrived yesterday. Going to plant them tomorrow and let my mom help as much as she’s able. The yard was always her baby. She cut the grass and planted flower until they sold the house. She was almost 75 when she finally hired a yard man to cut the grass. She continued to plant and take care of her flowers and vegetable garden. My hero!

She’ll love sitting outside getting some Vitamin D. It’s been 81 here the last two days. A little high in March even for Georgia. It will rain next week and the temps will fall.

Kathy

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Kathy,

What a great idea for your mom, love it! Let us know how it goes, okay? Is she going to pick out any flowers or are your beds already full?

I've moved the pots of irises Shelley sent me (years ago) to the deck where I can see them every day. They'd been "temporarily" stashed in the front yard since we moved here, so finally they have a home. I put some branches in the pots that the birds can sit on. It's cute.

Paula

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Hi'all,

My computer has a bug which seems to be hijacking it sometimes and kicking me off the internet. So if you don't see me for a couple/few days, that's probably why.

It's kinda peaceful. Keeps me eating minimally cuz I don't know if my limit's been reached yet or not.

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula I wish there was a laugh button. Love how you are eating minimally since you can't be sure of your calories. Sorry about your computer.

Kathy what a wonderful idea. I put lots of raised pots on my grandmothers patio for her to care for. She always took care of her own yard. I will hire someone to mow for Rocky. No idea what will become of my flowers. Let them go wild.

Cleaned the tanks today. Then went to my granddaughters home for a study session. She needs a drivers license. I kept procrastinating to workout. Finally got it done right before midnight. :p I read lots today. Rockys knee was bothering him. I bought a new carpet for my workout area. Sadly it is not as thick as the old one. I thought it would be. I will need to use my pad more is all.

Shell
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,270 Member
    Options
    The eye doctor appt went great. Got new glasses. The assistant who worked with me was great. Got new frames that should fit. B)
    I love all your gardening stories...we have a gardener...I will not complain...no snark here...ugh! >:)
    I did 7.45 miles in 141 mins to the top of the hill yesterday ...Mt Diablo was beautiful! Green and pretty! Snow was all melted. B) It was a windy and cold walk, but I did it. Today is gorgeous and here I sit on my bottom with a book!
    I decided it was a rest day cuz...the guys are in the attic fixing the leak. Sounds like it is a big job!!! bang...crash..hammer...stomp...bang! :#
    Okay, I need more coffee. :D
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris you sure they are fixing it? Sounds awful. That is some walk. You are awesome with them. Think you could skip the cardio if you do the April challenge. Just do strength training.

Did some walking with the kids today. Bought some seeds at Wal-Mart. Balanced my accounts and paid bills. Read a book ad played a video game. I need to order some plant clips. For my clematis. That thing is growing fast. Like take over fast. And I can't put it in the ground for weeks!

Shell
  • cpanus
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Shelley, posted April strength training videos...see what you think.
    I have Collin Duty this morning then I'll go see my trainer for 60 punishing minutes. She's kicking things up for me, which is a good thing FOR SOMEONE ELSE!!!! ...but she doesn't seem to hear that when I complain...sigh...
    Spring Break is over. Class this morning...some six-year-old does not think it's a great idea. He would much rather fight battles with invisible enemies. He uses his invisible weapons or one of Nick's canes. It is pretty amazing to see him in full battle mode! :D
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Chris are Fitbit challenges over? If not please add me.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Kathy, Fitbit isn't showing me our challenges until one of us adds steps. When that happens I'll add you. It is getting very strange. I wish I knew why they were doing this.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    It is part of their getting rid of them during the upgrade they are doing. I hope they add them back. They did give me a way to find my phone if I misplace it though. But I don't lose my phone! Give me back our challenges. :sad:

Chris will check out the April videos.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley, I hope they do too.
    Did not walk today. Had Collin Duty then made soup while watching the rain come down. I hope Thursday is clear so I can get out there.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Kathy - love the butterfly bush idea!

We have crappy clay-like soil (this used to be farm area)...so hard to get stuff to grow...but I always give it my best shot! I do some hearty things in the soil and a ton or urns. I just hired someone to come and cut out the flower beds, mulch and do some clean up (I did most in the spring.) Since Jim's knee replacement, he's in no condition to do it, and it's too much for me to do alone!

I'll plant after Mother's Day...we always get that last frost here. Looking forward to it!

Karen
  • kjs1228
    Options
    I won 2 bags Sunday at designer bag bingo....my lucky day! Lol!

vmis0u0omas6.jpg

• cpanus
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Way to go, Karen!! Nice!
    Chris
    PS You look great!!!
  • KAR1959
    Options
    You’re a lucky lady Karen. Tory Burch and Kate Spade are two of my favorites. I just bought a Kate Spade as one of my new summer bags.

Happy for you.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I am 8 years retired today!!! So happy!
    So today was kinda special...I'm pretty sure I told you guys I made soup on Tuesday...it was a disaster! I used a raspberry salsa that was full of crunchy seeds!! Dumped the entire pot yesterday. I had a doctor's appt yesterday, he increased my BP meds, and had my second Shingles shot....Egads!! Today I ordered stuff for a new pot of soup and went to Sara's to help w/Collin. My arm hurt...my neck was sore...I had body aches...ugh! Got home then made soup. Feeling pretty awful, I knew I had to do something and the sun was out...soooo, I asked Sara how far Ronan usually walks with them. She said 2 miles...it is 2 miles around the high school...I asked Ronan if he'd go with me. Low and behold the kid said YES!!! He tried to talk Grandpa into going with us, but it was a No Go there. I put sunscreen on him, and we took off. It was a blast! He took his rubber sword with him and fought the bad guys all the way around the school. He petted two dogs...one that was BIGGER THAN HE WAS!!!! and the other one was tiny. He talked to the ants and the rolly pollies (sp?) It was slow going but great!!!
    2.38 miles in 65 mins w/Ronan!!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris I so could visualize you and Ronan. What a beautiful time. Rocky made a great soup a few days ago. I hope yours turns out as tasty this time
    Oh I can't believe it has been 7 ears already. .

Karen what a lucky gal. And a beautiful picture. I love pots outside. I hope your garden turns out how you imagine it.

Kathy I have no idea what one bag is from another. Mine work bad is from Walking Dead. So not lady like.. I need a make over. But where to start. Push ups. :drinker:

Today was nuts. But I put on some tunes and worked out.

Shell
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 148
    March 31 Goal weight: 166.2

Feb 28 ending weight - 170.2
    Mar 1 - 170.8
    Mar 8 - 170.6
    Mar 15 - 171.0 (wrong direction)
    Mar 22 - 171.6 (ugh)
    Mar 31 - 170.2

Tough month. I pretty much maintained so better than a huge gain. I will get to the 160s in April. Shelley’s challenge should take care of that. 😂

Kathy