Shape Shifters Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    @cre804 I hope you find ease in your decision. I personally have never known anyone who has regretted a knee replacement. I typically hear them say they wished they’d done it sooner.

@pupowl good luck on your language learning. I’ve been dabbling in Spanish off and on. Spanish is easy yet hard because of the similarities to French. Does Norwegian have any similarities to language you already know?
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 thank you for sticking with it.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    kcpond
    Thursday

PW: 245.8
    CW: 248.2
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Nataliewr0403
    Saturday
    PW 135.0
    CW 133.6

Hello peeps, this will be my last weigh in until May. we are leaving for vacation and I am hoping there are no scales anywhere near me for 4 weeks.
    Keep on going and stick to your plan. it is worth it, you are worth it.
    -Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself. -Abraham Joshua Heschel
    Have a great April!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    Nataliewr0403
    Saturday
    PW 135.0
    CW 133.6

Hello peeps, this will be my last weigh in until May. we are leaving for vacation and I am hoping there are no scales anywhere near me for 4 weeks.
    Keep on going and stick to your plan. it is worth it, you are worth it.
    -Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself. -Abraham Joshua Heschel
    Have a great April!

@nataliewr0403 I've asked the Mods to move you to the Support Team until May. Enjoy your vacation!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters! I had a very boring day. The game I spent a lot of my waking hours on was offline most of the day due to technical issues. Instead I enjoyed myself with Youtube and singing which was also fun. Tinus was feeling lazy too. He sat on my lap for hoooours! I got a very pretty card from my mom in the post. I appreciated that a lot. She always knows when I am not doing great, even if I don't tell her (probably a mom thing), and she often sends me a nice card. It's a small thing, but it always cheers me up a little. I just finished my Duolingo lessons and it is past my bedtime again, oops. Have a good night everyone <3

@izzyred9400
    I think about giving up so often! I am glad you are still hanging out with us. I am guessing this group helped regardless and at least you didn't slide the wrong way. Greek seems really hard to me. I am going to stick to something that at least uses the same alphabet!
    @CasandraW
    Thank you! They say Norwegian is one of the easier language to learn as an English speaker because the sentence structure is the same. It also has a lot of similar words to Dutch. I still think 'easy' is relative though. Any language is going to take a lot of time to learn if you really want to master it. I would love to become fluent. :)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    diadauvs3qhd.jpg
    We're missing 3 weigh-ins for the week (incl today):
    @angmarie28
    @ac204
    @kodakslim

Stats will begin early in the morning, so please post ASAP! Thanks!

Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite memories is visiting Norway during the Winter Olympics in Lillehammer. It’s hard to believe that was almost 30 years ago! My father was coaching the men’s ice hockey team and, even though the team didn’t win a medal, the festive environment and international goodwill was fantastic!

My father was coaching with one of his closest friends and I got to spend time with his friend’s family, which was really nice. I didn’t know them very well before the trip but I felt much closer to his young children by the end of our two weeks sharing a house. The mom and two children stayed on the first floor and my husband and I stayed upstairs. At that time, we were living in Germany, and my brother and some friends joined us in Norway from the United States, so it was fun to spend time with him, too.

Today, I happened to meet a friend of mine who grew up in Norway. She is a dentist and owns a pediatric practice here now. Our children went to the same schools and we played soccer together for a few years. Her husband also played on our team. I was surprised how easily she communicated with another friend/ teammate from Sweden but the language didn’t seem familiar to me. Spanish is easier for me to follow. I used to speak Japanese fairly well - and my husband is fluent since he still uses it a lot - but I’m much better at comprehension than speaking now. It’s been over 30 years since I lived there for any length of time (and 20 years since I visited for about a year with my children while my husband was studying and working there.

Anyway, it’s a great group of people from different cultures and experience levels just having fun together playing soccer on Sunday evenings — much like the goodwill and love of sports I enjoyed at the Olympics years ago (but without the skill!) 🙄

• PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @izzyred9400 - Congratulations! I’m so glad the scale moved for you. It can be frustrating to feel as though we’re doing everything right and not making progress. I’m some ways, that feels like maintenance, which I haven’t been able to master yet. I’m the end, I think we just have to make good habits a part of our everyday routine and new identity. I’ve moved beyond my target range so I hope I can follow your success soon. Great work!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @bearchested - You’re making some fantastic progress with your biking and improved fitness.

It’s inspiring to see so many Shape Shifters accomplishing healthy milestones!
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    alleykat69

Weigh in: Sunday
    PW: 194.8
    CW: 195.0

Step for March 26 to April 1
    Sunday 3184
    Monday 5187
    Tuesday 5065
    Wednesday 6385
    Thursday 5316
    Friday 3973
    Saturday ?? tracker not working
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bumbinella
    Sunday weigh ins

PW: 166.9
    CW: 166.9

No loss, no gain. But I still feel bloated and overall not too well. I think I’m back in the game regarding sports and found a few things I really love to do and look forward to each week now. But to lose some weight again I know I have to watch what I eat a lot more.
    Not tomorrow though. It’s my birthday and I’m definitely going to have cake and a glass of champagne or two 🥳🎂🥂🍾
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @bearchested - You’re making some fantastic progress with your biking and improved fitness.

It’s inspiring to see so many Shape Shifters accomplishing healthy milestones!

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.