Shape Shifters Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @pupowl I want to hear more about this job thing...what's the current job and what's the one you've wanted to do?!! Spill! :smile:
    Jess

Wasn't me, but @Bumbinella ! :smile:
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Daily check-in ~ March 7
    Steps: 17.002
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had a quiet day. Feeling a little stressed about some things. My brother called, we don't talk much. Said he would come over 'soon', guess we will see about that. Saturday my dad is coming for my birthday and we are going out for dinner. Monday my mom is coming to sleep over until Thursday. So I have some cleaning to do on the weekend. Happy Wednesday everyone <3
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I like that one @Pupowl . Louder for those in the back
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In
    PW: 160.4
    CW: 160.4

I've been trending down so I'm not upset
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    3/5 4,626
    3/6 4,019
    3/7 8,238
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My steps
    3/4 9,068
    3/5 12,546
    3/6 13,235
    3/7 9,776
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @pupowl I want to hear more about this job thing...what's the current job and what's the one you've wanted to do?!! Spill! :smile:
    Jess

Wasn't me, but @Bumbinella ! :smile:

Sorry...for some reason, I thought she was giving you advice...see I'm way too tired to be posting! Tonight I worked late and just got home a while ago...UGH!
    Jess
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-170
    Current weight-172
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    3/1-5,915
    3/2-12,677
    3/3-9,636
    3/4-13,160
    3/5-12,881
    3/6-13,566
    3/7-5,390 (my mom had all her teeth pulled and got implants, so I was on mom babysitting duty yesterday and today)
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @CasandraW
    Happy belated birthday! I am glad to hear you had a good time. I have the same with routine. I like going to dinner with my dad Saturday and I like getting my mom over again, but at the same time I really hate that it throws my entire routine on its head. It is much easier for me to eat healthy if I figure out a good food plan and just do the same every day. When I struggle to get back on track, I try to just plan in more (unhealthy) snacks, but I make sure it still fits my calories. Of course eating healthy and within calories is best, but if I know both isn't an option, I rather drop the healthy part of it. As long as you can eat within a deficit, you will still lose weight without exercise! Sometimes life happens and priorities shift for a while. I hope you can work it out.
    Thank you for sharing your struggles. I am very glad to hear that you got the appointment with your dentist moved up. Being in pain all day is awful so hopefully you will be painfree Friday. The waiting list to see a doctor however is insane and unacceptable to me. Cancelling so late and then move it a month! Utterly nuts. Is it possible to go further away for a doctors visit in the future? I am glad that they always seem to have room fast where I live. Usually the next day, always within a week and if they think it is serious, the same day.
    The house designing sounds a lot of fun! And yes, stressful too. It is very normal here for kids to move out when they are 18 and when parents need help, they will usually move someplace with assisted living. I have always found cultures where families stay together in a big house very interesting. I think what you are doing will be much more comfortable for your parents and ease the mind of the family because you can keep an eye on them. Good luck in designing something that everyone will be happy with and hang in there with your daughter. <3
  • Pupowl
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Daily check-in ~ March 8
    Steps: 19.265
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I left my house around 7:15 to go for a walk in the forest. It was pretty cold again. Though I wore different clothes and I even put on a coat this time, I was still cold! Not as bad as last week thankfully. The weather wasn't really pretty for pictures, but I had a good time. I saw 3 deer (mostly white heart-shaped butts as they ran away from me) but otherwise nothing fancy. I relaxed the rest of the day, played a game, had Tinus on my lap a lot. I have been obsessed with this song for the past couple of days. https://youtu.be/s_nc1IVoMxc I think it is very relatable for a lot of people. I had an early night and slept well. Happy Thursday everyone <3
    th0bdb57d9w3.jpg
    28pqx0nb2al9.jpg
    8dddz54vtd92.jpg
    nzof6f2vp9r1.jpg
    l37a8xdmjl27.jpg
    to1e3txsgfh9.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Options
    The card for today
    tv0uvl6timlk.jpg
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Beautiful photos @Pupowl

Still in Houston, taking care of miscellaneous appointments. Got new front doors installed yesterday- the old ones had a decorative design which was separating in the direct sunlight- not very sturdy. New ones are metal.

Went to do a 4 mile easy run before the workers came. The garmin still had the speed workout scheduled so I did my best. It was really hard, but I did 1 mile at a 9:01 pace! Very pleased. I still managed to get some bike riding in so I'm still on track for my year long challenge.

Another couple days of the same and we plan on driving back to Colorado Monday. Hopefully, I won't gain 3 pounds this time!

Have a great Thursday everyone!

SavageMrsMoose Steps

3/6 15,096
    3/7 15,697
    3/8 13,296
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl Thank you for the support, I really appreciate it.
    @PatriceFitnessPal that's a lot. I feel your situation, our husbands sound like they are similar. I gave up my career to support his and take care of the kids. I take care of the organizing, bookkeeping and quoting for him now. I keep flip flopping back and forth if I want to do something of my own. His business is more profitable then anything I would do, and I have the responsibility of taxi driver for our youngest still. Unfortunately taxi driver cannot be a shared responsibility.
    I hope you find success in growing your business, it can be very rewarding.
    @SavageMrsMoose you are a rockstar! I love reading your running and cycling success.
This discussion has been closed.