Options

Replies

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,358 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In

Goals for March Challenge
    1. Staying on Plan with the Mayo Clinic Diet/Lifestyle
    2. Limit Wine - 1 glass (S-Th and 2 glasses (F-Sa) * changed for ease of daily tracking
    3. Water - Minimum of 64 ounces
    4. Exercise according to Mayo Clinic Diet/Lifestyle
    5. Read a physical book or magazine - minimum of 10 minutes

Progress for 3/21 - :heart: :neutral::neutral::neutral::heart:

Week 1
    :heart: :angry: :angry: :heart: :heart:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :neutral:
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :neutral::heart:
    :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    :heart: :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    Started ok and then faltered towards the end of the week.
    Average 4/7
    Week 2
    3/5 - :heart: :neutral::neutral::neutral::heart:
    3/6 - :heart: :neutral::neutral::heart: :heart:
    3/7 - :heart: :heart: :neutral::heart: :heart:
    3/8 - :heart: :neutral::neutral::heart: :heart:
    3/9 - :neutral::neutral::neutral::heart: :neutral:
    3/10 - :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    3/11 - :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    The faltering continued. Moving on to Week 3.
    Week 3
    3/12- :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    3/13-:heart::neutral::neutral::heart::heart:
    3/14 - :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    3/15 :neutral::neutral::heart::heart::heart:
    3/16- :neutral::neutral::heart::heart::heart:
    3/17 - :heart: :neutral::heart: :neutral::neutral:
    3/18 - :heart: :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    Week 4
    3/19 - :heart: :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
    3/20 - :heart: :neutral::neutral::neutral::heart:
    3/21 - :heart: :neutral::neutral::neutral::heart:
    3/22
    3/23
    3/24 - Vacation
    3/25 - Vacation

Step Challenge - Goal 7000

3/19 - 8,772
    3/20 - 9,024
    3/21 - 12,459

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 219.4
    3/3 - 216.9 (-2.5)
    3/10 - 219.0 (+2.1) Short Lived loss
    3/17 - 219.1 (+0.1)
    3/24
    3/31
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    MSWarrior7088

SW 265
    PW 185.8
    CW 188.8

Last time I was in the middle of a 72 hour fast...I understand there will be weight gain but can I tell you I'm thrilled... I'm in the 180's and my Dr appointment is Monday...I reached my goal for March ... I can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings 🥰
  • Huckleterrie
    Huckleterrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Step count (goal 13,000):

03/19 - 14,678
    03/20 - 11,763
    03/21 - 27,127
    03/22 -
    03/23 -
    03/24 -
    03/25 -
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    DAILY CHECK IN:
    TUESDAY 03/21
    - Calories: 1101 (goal 1200-1600)
    - Water: 112 oz
    - Gym: no
    - Walk: no
    - Protein: 104 g (85 goal)
    - Fiber: 11 g (25 goal)
    - THOUGHTS: I bought a Napa cabbage. I don’t know what I want to do with it

STEPS:
    03/19: 12,094
    03/20: 23,417
    03/21: 12,021
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    Just wondering how people decide on their target weight? At 276lb I wanted to get to 196lb ... that's been my low weight all my life. When I got there I decided I could lose a bit more and changed my goal to 182lb. Approaching 182 I decided I would like to be 176 ... the only reason being I would have lost 100lb! Now I'm at 182, I'm struggling to get lower and wondering if it's worth it! I'm already the lowest weight I've ever been as an adult (by 14lb). Not bad as I'm 60 next month. I'm happy with my current weight. Seems sensible to stop and accept 182 as my goal weight? Thoughts?

I asked my Doctor what weight she wanted me at and she said "230-235".

I'm 6"4 227 lbs right now and my BMI is 27.6 which is considered over weight. Don't put much stock in BMI. I don't remotely look overweight. It's just my build. I'm very "ogre-like" haha

Ogre like ! No you're not! But I agree you don't look over weight anymore!!! I know I've got big bones and carry lots of muscle compared to most women. My bmi is in the overweight range .. its never going to be normal but this feels like a good weight to me. I think if I struggle to lose another 6lb I'll just regain it very quickly! I'm about to finish my 3 months in the rv and go home, where is always harder to lose and I think if I get demotivated I might just give up and worry I'll return to binge eating ..... thinking its better to be at goal and work on a maintenance plan! When I know I can maintain I might decide to lose the other 6lb next time I'm away in the rv (probably September)
  • indefenceofsprouts
    indefenceofsprouts Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Every time I stumble, I fall headlong into a very deep rabbit hole. My perfectionist mindset, not helpful. I am killing myself slowly by the amount of food I am eating. It is an avoidance tactic. I don't shower everyday, and I rarely leave the house. I really do need professional help, but I am a smart girl, so I feel like I should be able to figure this one out. I need to start journaling, connecting the dots. I am looking at three empty journals sitting right beside me.

Wednesday Weigh-In: 206.8

I just wanted to send hugs and say please be kind to yourself. When you feel like you're drowning nothing is easy. You're in survival mode all the time, and that's exhausting. FWIW I know my tendancy has been to try and do the BIG things to move the needle when I am sinking, like join a challenge (hah - here I am!), buy journals, join a gym, start a plan. When probably the best thing I could do for myself was something very small but consistent. And build on it.
    I don't take my own advice mind you!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,602 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Weekly weigh-in

PW 3/01 218
    PW 3/08 218
    PW 3/15 216.8
    CW 3/22 216.1

Nice loss!

Just wondering how people decide on their target weight? At 276lb I wanted to get to 196lb ... that's been my low weight all my life. When I got there I decided I could lose a bit more and changed my goal to 182lb. Approaching 182 I decided I would like to be 176 ... the only reason being I would have lost 100lb! Now I'm at 182, I'm struggling to get lower and wondering if it's worth it! I'm already the lowest weight I've ever been as an adult (by 14lb). Not bad as I'm 60 next month. I'm happy with my current weight. Seems sensible to stop and accept 182 as my goal weight? Thoughts?

I asked my Doctor what weight she wanted me at and she said "230-235".

I'm 6"4 227 lbs right now and my BMI is 27.6 which is considered over weight. Don't put much stock in BMI. I don't remotely look overweight. It's just my build. I'm very "ogre-like" haha

i know for myself I don’t carry my weight as well as I did 20 years ago. I had way more muscle back then. BMI has to be taken with a grain of salt. I will never weigh in my healthy bmi range again. I would look sick if I got back down below 140 pounds.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    MSWarrior7088

SW 265
    PW 185.8
    CW 188.8

Last time I was in the middle of a 72 hour fast...I understand there will be weight gain but can I tell you I'm thrilled... I'm in the 180's and my Dr appointment is Monday...I reached my goal for March ... I can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings 🥰

You worked hard and reached your goal of 180’s by your doctors appointment. Awesome job!

HASWLRS wrote: »
    Every time I stumble, I fall headlong into a very deep rabbit hole. My perfectionist mindset, not helpful. I am killing myself slowly by the amount of food I am eating. It is an avoidance tactic. I don't shower everyday, and I rarely leave the house. I really do need professional help, but I am a smart girl, so I feel like I should be able to figure this one out. I need to start journaling, connecting the dots. I am looking at three empty journals sitting right beside me.

Wednesday Weigh-In: 206.8

Hugs! There is no shame in seeking professional advice if needed. I think we all times can use someone to provide us a ladder to get out of the rabbit hole. @indefenceofsprouts is right, be kind to yourself. We are easy to show compassion to others but not so much ourselves. Over the years I have bought so many journals and self help books. Having help from another person is so much better as sometimes it’s just too hard to climb out of that hole on our own.
    SW 388.6
    PW 228.8
    CW 227.2

Maintenance Range : 225-233

Had one day where I went crazy with my calories, but my other 6 days were easily within my calories. One day doesn't ruin the other six.

10 more days till my 5km race!

Nice job staying in the maintenance range.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 3,915
    Sleep: 👍👍👍👍
    Log food: 👍👍👍❌
    Exercise: 👍

I am interested to see what I weigh tomorrow. My weight shot up Tuesday after a higher sodium dinner on Monday. I haven’t ate a lot since then as the nausea from the ozempic has been bad since Tuesday afternoon. I went out yesterday for supper with friends and I barely ate anything. I didn’t log but I basically ate toast twice and a banana yesterday. Anyways I am giving it one more injection and if the nausea doesn’t go away I am stopping it.

Hope you all have a great Thursday!
  • Mama530
    Options
    DAILY CHECK IN:
    WEDNESDAY 03/22
    - Calories: 1206 (goal 1200-1600)
    - Walk: no; though, I did re-stack a half a cord of wood.
    - Protein: 90 g (85 goal)
    - Fiber: 9 g (25 goal)
    - THOUGHTS: just when I think “I’ve got this”, I realize that I, in fact DO NOT got this. It took everything I had to get active today. If it wasn’t for stacking wood, I may not have gotten 10k steps. I snacked more than I should have today. I had to remind myself numerous times that I want to have a healthy life and that I have goals. I had to silence and shut down a myriad of excuses I had lined up. I feel stronger because I plowed right through the negativity. Every day really does bring new challenges and new opportunities to succeed. I’m glad I chose me today. But dang it was hard.

STEPS:
    03/22: 13.180
  • Mama530
    Options

I think your perfect weight is where you feel comfortable, strong and healthy. Be active and make healthy food choices and your body will decide where to settle. If you’re feeling good at 182, live there. Enjoy it. Let your body do its thing.

• Mama530
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Step count (goal 13,000):

03/19 - 14,678
    03/20 - 11,763
    03/21 - 27,127
    03/22 -
    03/23 -
    03/24 -
    03/25 -

Beautiful steps! Outstanding!
  • Mama530
    Options
    I see my podiatrist this afternoon ... I am 95% sure I will be having a 4th surgery ... I have had 2 infections where the rod is ... I do believe I am allergic to certain metals .. I so wants this behind me so that I can start walking again with my daughter and 2 dogs... and start PT

That’s terrible Megan. I am so sorry. I really do hope you and your doctor find the right solution. You deserve pain free mobility and an active life. I hope today is fruitful

• JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Mama530 wrote: »
    DAILY CHECK IN:
    WEDNESDAY 03/22
    - Calories: 1206 (goal 1200-1600)
    - Walk: no; though, I did re-stack a half a cord of wood.
    - Protein: 90 g (85 goal)
    - Fiber: 9 g (25 goal)
    - THOUGHTS: just when I think “I’ve got this”, I realize that I, in fact DO NOT got this. It took everything I had to get active today. If it wasn’t for stacking wood, I may not have gotten 10k steps. I snacked more than I should have today. I had to remind myself numerous times that I want to have a healthy life and that I have goals. I had to silence and shut down a myriad of excuses I had lined up. I feel stronger because I plowed right through the negativity. Every day really does bring new challenges and new opportunities to succeed. I’m glad I chose me today. But dang it was hard.

STEPS:
    03/22: 13.180

You only took in 1206 so I would definitely say you didn't snack more than you should have. You seem to be super active. Your body needs to fuel that activity. My butt was DRAGGING until I upped my calories. Eliminated fasted workouts and took in some extra calories. Felt WAY better.

Keep on kicking butt!
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I see my podiatrist this afternoon ... I am 95% sure I will be having a 4th surgery ... I have had 2 infections where the rod is ... I do believe I am allergic to certain metals .. I so wants this behind me so that I can start walking again with my daughter and 2 dogs... and start PT

My God if you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck. I'm so sorry Megan. Try and stay positive. It'll hopefully be over with soon.
This discussion has been closed.