TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,927 Member
    Sue, are you still in Buffalo?

@therealbluenote no, thank God, we came back on Sunday. But 3 trips there and back in July is way too much! We're both physically and emotionally exhausted.

In VA today to check on the house and celebrate mine and grandson #2s birthdays. 🥳 After we get home tomorrow I am putting away my suitcase and reclaiming my life. I've gained 10 pounds since the beginning of June with all of the stress, travel, lack of exercise, eating and drinking. Still gonna have a birthday 🧁 today though. 🙃

I'm glad you posted because I was going to poke you to check on you. 🙂 I'm sorry about the acid reflux, but I do see light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train! 😂 How are you doing otherwise? Have you been getting exercise/steps? Any non-scale victories to share? You're probably getting ready for back to school already, geez did that go by fast!!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,064 Member
    @DaffyGirl88 happy birthday!!! Enjoy it and get back into your groove! Traveling can be such a hindrance to routines that we've worked so hard to create!

@therealbluenote congratulations on all your success! You're doing fabulous! Hopefully the reflux subsides!
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Nice loss, Nancy! Praying for you! I know it sounds counterintuitive, but have you tried apple cider vinegar? I dilute it in water, but my son takes it straight and says it feels like aloe vera on a sunburn. I know you’re under a doctor’s care, so I would check with them first. Just thought I’d mention it 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
  • DaffyGirl88
    Good morning all! If you've ever wondered what the Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge was all about, now's your chance to find out. They've opened it up to the public this week. You are welcome to come and join in the fun! Or you can just poke around the Castle a bit and see if you'd like to try it out.

Link to this week's challenge:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10920703/festival-of-hogwarts-week-6-july-29th-august-4th#latest

Link to challenge main page:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/146685-hogwarts-weight-loss-challenge-summer-at-hogwarts-term-50

Link to application for next term starting 23 August:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepZknVJY-Odga1t0W9o2_fgDx6QslG0BUVvn9ABkOz40aQng/viewform
  • DaffyGirl88
    Good morning and happy hump day TBBT peeps!!

Well, I've decided to get off the Struggle Bus at the next stop. So far I've got two solid days under my belt. :D

Have a great day everyone!!
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,454 Member
    Nice loss, Nancy! Praying for you! I know it sounds counterintuitive, but have you tried apple cider vinegar? I dilute it in water, but my son takes it straight and says it feels like aloe vera on a sunburn. I know you’re under a doctor’s care, so I would check with them first. Just thought I’d mention it 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

My surgeon said no apple cider vinegar because it is too acidic and with my stomach being a newborn it just would not handle it well. I put in the newborn, but you get the idea. 😆
  • therealbluenote
    Sue, I must’ve missed or misread your post. I’m sorry for the loss of your MIL. 💐
  • therealbluenote
    I realize I’m just catching up on major missed posts here: happy birthday, Sue!

2gy66tvb5u3m.jpeg
  • therealbluenote
    I don’t remember if I told you guys or not, but I was diagnosed with skin cancer. My Mohs procedure is scheduled for next Thursday. Of course that is the first day back to school. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • DaffyGirl88
    I don’t remember if I told you guys or not, but I was diagnosed with skin cancer. My Mohs procedure is scheduled for next Thursday. Of course that is the first day back to school. 🤦🏻‍♀️

@therealbluenote :o If you did tell us I missed it! Of course I was gone most of July so anything's possible. You just can't catch a break here, I hope the surgery goes well. No one does anything on the first day of school anyway. :p Oh wait, that's the STUDENTS, you're a teacher. Sorry. LOL

And who starts school on a THURSDAY anyway?? The week is over already.
  • Tomsgal1985
    I’ll be praying for you, Nancy! Sorry for the timing! For some reason, I didn’t think you were still teaching. Would love to hear more 🩷🙏🏻
  • Tomsgal1985
    Weekly Post:
    Username: @Tomsgal1985 (Susan)
    Today’s Date: July 31
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 228.4
    Today's Weight: 228.6

Forgot to post this Wednesday. Have a great August!
  • Tomsgal1985
    Good morning and happy hump day TBBT peeps!!

Well, I've decided to get off the Struggle Bus at the next stop. So far I've got two solid days under my belt. :D

Have a great day everyone!!
    Good for you! I need to drag myself off that thing! I’m not eating well. 😩
  • Tomsgal1985

My surgeon said no apple cider vinegar because it is too acidic and with my stomach being a newborn it just would not handle it well. I put in the newborn, but you get the idea. 😆
    Understood! Pray the reflux is resolving 🙏🏻
  • therealbluenote
    Today’s Date: August 2
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Previous Week's Weight: 368.8
    Today's Weight: 364
  • DaffyGirl88

@therealbluenote Look at you go!! :-)
  • DaffyGirl88
    Good morning TBBTers, just popping in to say hello. :smile:

@Tomsgal1985 I hope you stay safe in the storm. Only good thing that I can say about Debbie is that she's bringing cooler temperatures.

@therealbluenote I hope the acid reflux is getting better.

Take care everyone!
  • Tomsgal1985
    Weekly Post:
    Username: @Tomsgal1985 (Susan)
    Today’s Date: August 7
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 228.4
    Today's Weight: 228.4
    I’ll take it 😔
  • Tomsgal1985
    Nice loss, Nancy!! How are you feeling?
  • Tomsgal1985
    Good morning TBBTers, just popping in to say hello. :smile:

@Tomsgal1985 I hope you stay safe in the storm. Only good thing that I can say about Debbie is that she's bringing cooler temperatures.

@therealbluenote I hope the acid reflux is getting better.

Take care everyone!
    Hi, Sue! Thankfully the hurricane hit well north of us and our wind and rain was not destructive. We have some standing water in our backyard, but nothing too awful 🤓