Today's Weight: 223.8

Ugh. Birthday month nonsense ๐Ÿ™„
    Itโ€™s May now!!

And it's going to be great! โ˜บ๏ธ
    Thank you, Sue! Appreciate you ๐Ÿ’•
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Sue aka Tomsgal great job on your loss this week, but sorry if it was at the expense of being sick. ๐Ÿซค

We are having bad storms today in St. Louis. I hate hail and tornadoes. Days like this I just want to get home. Back in the day I would totally go out in this weather (well, not with a tornado, but yes with heavy rain and thunder). The older I get the more weather cranky I get. ๐Ÿ˜†
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    @therealbluenote we don't have tornadoes ๐Ÿ˜ฏ but I'm with you on the weather. We used to live in New England (CT, MA and ME) and I would be out walking in wind, rain or subzero temperatures. Now I'm like "45 degrees? I'll stay inside TYVM" ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 950 Member
    edited May 15
    Options
    Weekly Post:
    Username: @Tomsgal1985 (Susan)
    Todayโ€™s Date: May 15
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 218.0
    Today's Weight: 221.4

And there went that loss. Still not getting any movement in and Iโ€™m still coughing. Speaking of weather, @therealbluenote & @DaffyGirl88, itโ€™s raining cats & dogs this morning and we are under a tornado watch until 11.
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    @therealbluenote we don't have tornadoes ๐Ÿ˜ฏ but I'm with you on the weather. We used to live in New England (CT, MA and ME) and I would be out walking in wind, rain or subzero temperatures. Now I'm like "45 degrees? I'll stay inside TYVM" ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Where in MA, if you donโ€™t mind sharing, Sue? I grew up in SE Massachusetts ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Where in MA, if you donโ€™t mind sharing, Sue? I grew up in SE Massachusetts ๐Ÿ˜Š

@Tomsgal1985 I don't mind at all. We lived in North Quincy. My husband was sationed on the USS Constitution in Boston.

YIKES! A tornado!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Good morning all and Happy Friday! Woot!! Off to the library used book sale today, one of my favorite days of the year. It's so big they hold at the county fairgrounds with whole buildings for fiction, nonfiction, childrens, etc. I went to the one in the town we are retiring to last year and it was in the library parking lot. ๐Ÿ˜” That will take some getting used to.

Friday weigh in
    PW: 147.7
    CW: 147.0
  • Tomsgal1985
    edited May 18
    Options
    Good morning all and Happy Friday! Woot!! Off to the library used book sale today, one of my favorite days of the year. It's so big they hold at the county fairgrounds with whole buildings for fiction, nonfiction, childrens, etc. I went to the one in the town we are retiring to last year and it was in the library parking lot. ๐Ÿ˜” That will take some getting used to.

Friday weigh in
    PW: 147.7
    CW: 147.0
    Heaven on earth!! I love books! ๐Ÿ“š
    Very cool, Sue, about your husbandโ€™s service. I thank him for serving! ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
  • therealbluenote
    Options
    I have been swamped with end of the year performances with my high school chorus. Sorry for the MIA. I even forgot to weigh in on Saturday. ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Things should get better from here on out.

I wanted to let you know that next week I am having mini gastric bypass surgery. I have been researching bariatric surgery for a decade, but never had the money to afford it. I worked two full time jobs this year to save the money I needed. It was an exhausting year, but Iโ€™m glad I did it so that I could finally have the surgery. I have tried everything under the sun and always failed. Iโ€™m tired of failing. I know that the surgery is only a tool, just like Ozempic is for some and Weight Watchers for others. I am fully committed to putting in the work I need to do to make this successful! I just canโ€™t go into my 60โ€™s weighing 400 pounds. I canโ€™t bear another decade being morbidly obese.

My assumption is this means I have to leave you all, because I will be losing quite a bit of weight, and this could be seen as unfair to the others in the group. Let me know. Of course Iโ€™d love to stay, but I also understand if I have to leave. โค๏ธ
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @therealbluenote DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't catch that last part until my second time reading through your post. Honey, we have long since stopped being a contest of any type. There's only a handful of us left that ever come here anymore. Speaking for myself it's because I like you people. :) I like hearing about your wins and losses, struggles and ups & downs. What's happening in your lives, etc. I know that we're just a group of strangers on the interwebs but I feel like I know you and that I have somewhere I can go where there's people that understand me. I miss many of the people who have come, stayed awhile, and moved on. Others maybe not so much. ;) I think about many of you frequently and am always happy to read a post, no matter how short, and whether it's here or on Stridekick. I know that we all have lives and jobs away from MFP,and we often drift away, but somehow we come back. I think it's cuz y'all can't stay away from me. :p

Having said all that...whew...you absolutely MUST let us know how the surgery goes! And how your recovery is going. No offense but we aren't exactly spring chickens anymore, recovery takes a bit longer than it used to. :/ I am wishing the best for you and am looking forward to sharing in your success. You can always PM me. <3
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    @therealbluenote DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't catch that last part until my second time reading through your post. Honey, we have long since stopped being a contest of any type. There's only a handful of us left that ever come here anymore. Speaking for myself it's because I like you people. :) I like hearing about your wins and losses, struggles and ups & downs. What's happening in your lives, etc. I know that we're just a group of strangers on the interwebs but I feel like I know you and that I have somewhere I can go where there's people that understand me. I miss many of the people who have come, stayed awhile, and moved on. Others maybe not so much. ;) I think about many of you frequently and am always happy to read a post, no matter how short, and whether it's here or on Stridekick. I know that we all have lives and jobs away from MFP,and we often drift away, but somehow we come back. I think it's cuz y'all can't stay away from me. :p

Having said all that...whew...you absolutely MUST let us know how the surgery goes! And how your recovery is going. No offense but we aren't exactly spring chickens anymore, recovery takes a bit longer than it used to. :/ I am wishing the best for you and am looking forward to sharing in your success. You can always PM me. <3
    Agreed 100%, @therealbluenote!! Thank you, Sue, for expressing my thoughts exactly!! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    Weekly Post:
    Todayโ€™s Date: May 22
    Previous Week's Weight: 221.4
    Today's Weight: 224.4
  • therealbluenote
    edited May 25
    Options
    Thank you, friends! I just love you guys! And Iโ€™m looking forward to being more active so that I can get out of last place on Stridekick! ๐Ÿ˜†

Last week was a hot mess, as was the week before with regards to weight. No words, but Iโ€™m pretty sure I know why the epic fails occurred. Itโ€™s called last chance to fit in all my favorite foods before the surgery. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜‘

This weekโ€™s goals:
    1. Make it safely through the surgery on Wednesday (prayers and positive thoughts are much appreciated!)
    2. Liquid diet all week
    3. Walking as much as the surgeon will allow
    4. Staying positive through the pain and anxiety

Iโ€™m nervous, anxious, and hopeful. I havenโ€™t had the โ€œhopefulโ€ part for years, and it feels good. Iโ€™ll keep you updated on my progress. Please pray for me or send me positive thoughts for this critical first week of recovery if you can.

Cheers to a healthier me!

And somebody invite me to this weekโ€™s Stridekick because I need yโ€™all to gently remind me that I need to walk every day (according to the surgeon).
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @therealbluenote definitely sending good vibes and prayers, I will be sitting by my phone anxiously waiting for your post saying you made it through successfully. ๐Ÿ™‚. There isn't a Stride Kick challenge for the coming week yet but will get on that. I'm in Buffalo visiting family and heading to Canada tomorrow for the day. Driving back to Maryland on Monday. This is your chance to beat me cuz I'll be in the car most of the day the next two days. ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Tagging @JbeanR0212 let me know if this works โ˜บ๏ธ
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    Weekly Post:
    Todayโ€™s Date: May 29
    Previous Week's Weight: 224.4
    Today's Weight: 223.4
  • Tomsgal1985
    Options
    @therealbluenote Iโ€™m praying for you! Anxious to hear how youโ€™re doing ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป