HOW WAS YOUR DAY???? A DAILY CHECK IN

Options

Replies

• titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I can relate Randi. When it snows, I eat all day.
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    7azwy7at5jp7.jpg
    Also missing: Energy, motivation, sense of well-being, etc., etc., etc. If you have found them, please return them immediately.
    Found: Lethargy and intense cravings for carbohydrates. If they are yours, please make arrangements to pick them up immediately.
  • StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Randi, you hit the nail on the head! The lack of sunshine 🌞 can be very difficult. I think we are all struggling.

I hope to get to the Y today to do some strength training on the machines. I am not a gym rat, by any means, but until I can build up some strength, the machines are the safest.

Started a yoga fusion class and really liked it. Need to make it a habit.

Weather guy says sun is on the way. We will see!!

Have a great day.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Jan, you had shoulder surgery not that long ago if my memory is correct. Machines are a good idea.
    What is yoga fusion?
    Fingers are crossed that we all have a great day.
  • StrongerJan
    Options
    Shoulder surgery was in May and several months of PT. Got lazy again and knew I needed a to do something.
    Yoga fusion is a mix of yoga and light weights for some strength training. Fun!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Today I tracked nothing, but I ate pretty well if i ignore four Hershey kisses my granddaughter shared with me. Exercise was 20 minutes of dancing to the Ghostbusters theme song while batting a beach ball back and forth. My grandgirl invented this and calls it DANCEBALL. It’s pretty intense for a 70 year old. Not so much if you are four😂

Yoga fusion sounds interesting. I will poke around on youtube and see what I can find.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Cat, that sounds like a workout to me. Today has been a bust. Hubby and I got the shingles vaccine yesterday and we’ve been feeling lousy today. I did some slow walking in the house and some gentle yoga, but that’s all I could handle.
  • StrongerJan
    Options
    Saturday was a good day. I tracked loosely, but did well and just missed 10,000 steps. I need to remember to look at my steps before bed so maybe I can round them out. LOL
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Today was much better. :) See you tomorrow at the weigh-in.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Up 3/4 of a pound.
    I can do the food part but finding time/energy/motivation to exercise on babysitting days eludes me. When I mess up the eating part it is because i am being bad snd i know what I am doing. I feel like I can control that. Last week I had four days of up at five and not home til 7 at night babysitting. Four days with no intentionsl exercise. I feel like I can’t control this.
    Am I making excuses?
    Probably.
    I need to find a way to overcome this.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Down 0.5. Cat, right now your schedule is out of your control. I can't imagine that anyone would have the energy to exercise after a long day of child care. You are certainly burning calories chasing after and playing with the kids.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    When I started this weight loss journey (this time), it was all about health, about getting myself into the best physical shape possible as I entered my retirement years. At this time last year, I had been successful. I felt GREAT! But, I decided that I would try to lose more weight. Why? Vanity. Not only did I not achieve my vain weight, I started to gain back the weight I worked so hard to lose. So my goal is to focus on my health - to be as strong and fierce and flexible as I can be. I'd like to get back to where I was last year, and when I reach that goal, I will stop trying to lose.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Went to the eye doc today for a yearly checkup and got diagnosed with closed angle glaucoma. Laser surgery on first eye Feb 26 and second eye March 4. This works about 75% of the time.
    I have been eating everything I can find since I got home.
    Randi, allow me to join you in your pursuit of good health. Forget the numbers on the scale. Let’s focus on feeling great.

Babysit next 4 days. I am exhausted all the time. Pondering what I can do for strength, stamina, and better blood pressure.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Cat, I'm sorry to hear about the glaucoma diagnosis and hope you get good results with the laser surgery.
    I'm giving up tracking for now. I had an epiphany when I pulled out a measuring tape to measure the size of my pancakes. This is not normal. I'm going to eat three healthy modest meals per day, and I am only going to weigh myself once per week. I am not going to let my mood be ruled by a number on a scale.
    Hope everyone has a good day.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Randi, your approach sounds like the healthiest plan for everyone. When weight loss becomes an obsession, is it really good for us? I am pondering what drives us to allow our joy to be stolen by numbers on a scale. Shouldn’t our goal be a healthy balance?
  • rstanford3
    Options
    I like the phrase "healthy balance".
  • titus2cat
    Options
    New plan: eat sensibly.
    Track exercise to make sure I get the minimum daily minutes needed for good health.
    Practice gratitude
    Choose Joy
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Weight stayed the same.
    Emphasis on exercise this week
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Weight is up. My focus is eating 3 healthy, untracked meals with no eating outside of meals unless hungry.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    30 min elliptical
    30 min bike
    Tracking exercise only this week.