Options
    titus2cat wrote: »
    Ann, I am impressed that you can
    Still skip😊

Ditto!
  • titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Down half a pound. Not the greatest I have ever done, but I am happy as a clam😊
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Up 0.1. :/
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Up 1 pound probably all the sitting keeping the dog calm, from Thursday hopefully we can get back to our walks.
    Randi the gain is only a blip easily sorted.
    Cat well donevon your loss

Well done everyone for logging your challenges, some interesting project.

My internet seems to be back on hooray.

The next few months are going to be stressful so thank you for keeping me on target.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I love our challenges. I have become so much more mindful of being kind to myself, stretching my goals, and taking better care of myself-body, mind, and spirit. I have gotten so much better at portion control and decent food choices. My big stumbling block is making time for exercise and my physical therapy homework. You would not believe how great I am at finding excuses to get out of it. It’s pathetic. So this week I am challenging myself to make time for exercise/therapy every day instead of making excuses to get out of it. I must fight my lazy nature and overcome my preference for sitting in a chair to read a book or sew or knit. This week, I WILL chart cardio every day plus do all the reps for my physical therapy homework.

How will you all challenge yourselves this week?
  • annliz23
    Options
    I have made a chart and aim to tick off when I have completed an exercise, lists work for me.
  • annliz23
    Options
    I have added a challenge if some one else wanted to do one then just delete it but just wanted us to stay focused.

• titus2cat
    Options
    Thank you Ann! I think I need some kind of a check off chart for exercise too. I have trouble remembering all the things I am suposed to do for physical therapy. Why did I never think of making a chart?
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Found a great template for exercise online. When I googled, there were lots to choose from.b6mho1zpwkdx.jpeg
  • annliz23
    Options
    titus2cat wrote: »
    Found a great template for exercise online. When I googled, there were lots to choose from.b6mho1zpwkdx.jpeg

A great find, I made one and laminated it so I can rub off and re use.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I printed a bunch so I can keep track long term. I hope to correlate my exercise time with how much weight I lose
  • rstanford3
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Thanks for the new challenge, Ann. I do meditate regularly, and I find that it helps deal with stress and anxiety. For my exercise challenge this week, I am working on learning to run with good form. I had been jogging, but I knew my method was sloppy, so this time I am trying to follow the rules. I'm not aiming for great speed or long distances; I just want to add HIIT to my walks. For me, food is always the biggest difficulty, but I'll continue to work on that.
    Yesterday I found a picture that was taken at my retirement party. I was gobsmacked. I was huge. I wondered how I didn't realize how big I was, then I remembered that I avoided looking at myself in the mirror. Amazing to see how far I've come. I want to go the rest of the way!
    Sleep well everyone.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Randi, I am beyond impressed that you can still run!!! What an amazing blessing.

Inspired by Ann, last night I made a list of 10 things I would like to get done by the end of the month. I have already done two
    Of them:
    I have the cleaning rags and mopheads that have been sitting in my laundry room for three weeks in the washer.

I removed the red tablecloth, winter placemats and candlesticks from the dining room table and will dress it for Spring *kitten* soon as I decide what color tablecloth I
    Want to use.

I also wrapped a wedding present for my great niece but I still need to
    Run by the bank snd get some cash to go in her card.

If I do my physical therapy exercises and elliptical machine, I can check that off for today too.

I like this new life where I make lists 😂
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Hahaha no idea where the word kitten came from in the above post.
    Teach this old English teacher to proofread😂
  • annliz23
    Options
    A good but stressful day.
    Finally got in the garden and removed dead wood and cut back some plants.
    Had a dentist appointment which I hate but it went well.
    Sorted out a pair of trousers that need altering in the leg so all ready to alter tomorrow.

I need to sort out a lot of cupboards as my son is moving back home lol

Tomorrow hopefully ollie will have his cone off so fingers crossed as its driving me mad.

I wish I could jog but my knees and ankles just play up, but we'll done you go for it Randi.

Cat glad your motivated.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Has physical therapy today. I can walk without crutches or cane now. Hooray!
    I just have to keep it up until my surgery date in June. I think 🤔 have 3 therapy sessions left before insurance kicks me out. Then I am on my own.

Staying on track with calories and did my elliptical today plus therapy. Good day!
  • rstanford3
    Options
    hyrosarknjtj.png
    Great job, Cat. I'm glad that you are walking without assistance!
    Ann, I hope that having your son move in works out well and that Ollie is doing well.
    Spring is finally coming. We've had 2 days of temps in the 50s, and the birds are singing up a storm. House finches are building a nest near the patio. Grackles have taken over the trees. I have a row of chairs along the edge of the patio to discourage them from flying in and dropping fecal sacs on our patio as they have done for the past 2 years. I love birds, but that was truly disgusting.
    We had to go to the DMV today. We had a reservation for 9:45, got there a few minutes early, and were out the door by 10:06. I think it was the best DMV experience I've ever had.
    I ran, walked, did leg weights, did ab work, and yoga. I stayed within my calorie limit. I'm still working on getting the last of the water down.
    Have a good night!
  • annliz23
    Options
    Keeping under my calories so far.
    Meditation , breathing going well.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Friday again. Spending the day with the grandgirl and it is going to be 70 degrees. WOOHOO!!!! I can walk now and this is a PLAYGROUND DAY 😊

Two things I learned with practicing mindfulness this week:
    1- I am very bad at meditation. My mind will NOT be still.
    2- The effort of meditation alone helps keep me focused on mindful eating and exercise
    Effort.

Tomorrow the geezer group at church has an outing to a fancy restaurant. I pulled up the online menu and planned what I will order to stay on track. My Hokie girls are playing TN in the Sweet Sixteen and I will be a TV cheerleader. I have candy onion sets to plant in the garden. Going to be a great day!