HOW WAS YOUR DAY???? A DAILY CHECK IN

Options

Replies

• titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Down 3/4 pound. After so many gain or no loss weeks, I am happy! Next week will be even better!

I am happy to take the water challenge. That’s such an important one. My hub had to get labwork. He was dehydrated and they couldnt find a vein. He had to hang out in the lab and drink a bunch of water. This helped me realize how important it is to stay hydrated. I am going to make this a permanent goal.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I have an isometric exercise I do 3x day for physical therapy. I believe is is the reason I am able to walk with a cane instead of crutches now.

Stand with your side toward a wall and rest one hand lightly on the wall for balance. Keeping your upper legs and knees parallel, bend the knee farthest from the wall until the lower leg is parallel with the floor. Head up, shoulders back, stomach in. Do not let your knee drift forward. Hold 45 - 60 seconds. Repeat 3 times on each leg.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    titus2cat wrote: »
    I have an isometric exercise I do 3x day for physical therapy. I believe is is the reason I am able to walk with a cane instead of crutches now.

Stand with your side toward a wall and rest one hand lightly on the wall for balance. Keeping your upper legs and knees parallel, bend the knee farthest from the wall until the lower leg is parallel with the floor. Head up, shoulders back, stomach in. Do not let your knee drift forward. Hold 45 - 60 seconds. Repeat 3 times on each leg.

Fantastic
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Good day. Got my water in and did upper body strength training.
    Settling in for a storm. Rain tonight and tomorrow changing to snow with a possible 6 - 12 inches. That would be the most we've had all winter.
    Sleep well!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Calorie goals-check
    Exercise goals-check
    Water water water-check
    Great day today!
    I am convinced that tracking is the key.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Lost 1 pound
    Exercise weight lifts sitting ✔
    Water complered ✔

I am sure you are right Cat tracking keeps me on target too.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Water - yup
    Calories -yup
    Exercise - yup

Good day!
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Drank my water, did leg weights, but over on calories. :/
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Randi, I allow myself one cheat day per week, usually Monday after I weigh. I either don’t track calories or don’t exercise or both. If I didn’t do this, I would falloff the wagon and stay there. Don’t feel bad about missing the mark one day. Just start again today.
  • annliz23
    Options
    It's fine to miss sometimes as long as we keep motivated.
    I will be doing a lot less steps for the next 10 days as Ollie my dog has some stitches but hey ho.

completed a leg strength exercise with leg straps
    completed water intake
    stayed under my calories

Stay strong everyone.

• annliz23
    Options
    I have added another challenge for the rest of the week it's sort of an open one for you to try.

I am going to research and try to do more of my wood work project as I need to try different techniques for wood carving.

I can't wait to see what your going to try.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Today was my cheat day. Left my house at 8 this morning and got home at 3. Orthopedic surgeon appointment. Xrays. Surgery school. They let me schedule the knee replacement for June 13, so son and daughter in law will be on maternity leave and wont need a babysitter. Anyhow, after all that, grabbed fast food in the way home. Noexercise today. I am whupped.
    Can’t wait til I get my new knee and I can walk again and ride my bike.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Cat, I imagine it must be a relief to have your surgery scheduled. Know that we will be pulling for you.
    Ann, thanks for the new challenge. It's going to push me to finish an art history course, and start a new course on Physiology and Fitness. Please post pictures of your wood carving when you have completed a piece. I imagine it would be so difficult!
    Yesterday was a better day for me, and today I am still on track. Planted spinach seeds today - am I optimistic that spring is coming or what?!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    After much thought, i have decided to challenge myself by creating a capsule wardrobe. I ordered a book that includes patterns for 16 mix and match pieces of clothing. I made rules for this project.
    1-go through my closet snd get rid of all the fat clothes. ALL. Show no mercy.

2- I must use fabric out of my sewing room stash ( which is enough to stock a small shop.) I am allowed to buy matching thread or zippers if I have to, but nothing else. I have four one gallon mason jars full of vintage buttons I have collected for years. Now I have to use them.

3-slow sewing, savoring every minute. There is no deadline to meet and the gosl is quality, not quantity.

4-At least one wardrobe piece must have hand embroidery on it somewhere. I also ordered a book on this since I haven’t tried it since 8th grade home ec class.

5-one item must be a purse, totebag, or backpack. I have a vintage machine capable of sewing leather and heavy materials which I have never used. Time to get it out, clean it, oil it, and learn how to operate it.

These goals will really challenge me and probably take months. I am so excited about it. Thanks Ann. You are making me stretch in more ways than one.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Impressive goal, Cat!
    Ann, hope you're doing well. Had a good day. No rain today, so exercise was outdoors. :)
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Watched the grandgirl today, so no exercise. I didnt have a chance to track calories, but I tried to make healthy choices and control portions. I think I did well.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Hi all your doing fab, I can't get on here much my Internet keeps going off the guy cane out today but hasn't fixed it, I have been trying to get on here all day and he is not coming back till Monday so if you done here from me that's why.

I have been shaping my wooden hedgehogs face, it's coming in well.
    Altering some of my clothes with my new sewing machine, 2 more to do.
    Reading a book Jo Brands Biography.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Ann, I'd go crazy without an internet connection. Hope it gets resolved soon.
    Good day here. Ab work and leg weights, plenty of water. Sundays I give myself a break from strength training.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Stuck to my calories today. Yay!
    The physical therapy homework takes 90 minutes. I dont know how to count any of it except for my elliptical machine. Some exercises are isometric. Others target strengthening different muscles or balancing or flexibility. There is one where I just walk back and forth across the room carrying a 15 pound kettleball. So I just log the elliptical and skip the rest.

Ann, I get super grouchy without internet. Hope yours is resolved soon. Can’t wait to see pictures of the hedgehog.

Randi, I will follow your example and give myself Sunday off. Thank you!!!!

I miss our friends who dont post anymore. I am always grateful when Gerri checks in.

• annliz23
    Options
    Still struggling with the Internet.
    I got a strength workout in also went skipping with my granddaughter not the best idea as knees are sore now, (no fool like an old one) haha.
    Stayed under my calories and completed my water count.
    Happy Mothers day 💓