Shape Shifters Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I ate too many Girl Scout cookies and other snacks yesterday. We also didn’t row on the river because it was too windy. So, we worked out indoors for a shorter period of time. That helped me find more time for this week’s decluttering project, but I could have used those exercise calories to balance out the extra snacks. It’s always amazing to me how much harder I have to work to BURN the calories than EAT them! 😓😋🤬

Maybe the cleaning helped me burn more calories with the movement and stair climbing. Today, I’ll try to take breaks for nutritious eating so I don’t end up grabbing quick unhealthy snacks. I hope being more intentional prevents me from eating ‘on the run.’ It could be the stress of adding a big task on top of already scheduled work and other activities - or emotional eating as I deal with the memories and feelings connected to the stuff - but healthier snack options will help regardless of the underlying cause.

I’m going to get a little work done to prepare for a couple of afternoon meetings, and then I’ll be off to rowing practice. There’s not much time for the website work or decluttering today but I’ll tackle a little of each later in the afternoon and evening— I’m aiming for no ‘zero’ days!

I also saw the perfect job vacancy announced, which I’m tempted to apply for if it’s still accepting applications by the end of the week. I’ll try to keep an eye on it, but I may not be able to squeeze in the extra task.

Any advice on which ball to drop and which ones to keep in the air?

• Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl , I love today's card 😍. And @PatriceFitnessPal, yw and ty.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In:
    PW: 160.8
    CW: 161.0
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal sounds like you have many balls you're juggling. Spring is always the time for cleaning, decluttering, Also for new challenges. Or new jobs! I would look into that opportunity if your pros and cons list stack up. Good Luck

As to the concert, I have not been to one in over a year. This group of ladies we try to plan at least one week out of the summer to go camping with our families. Some of us have been friends for years, and others are new.

I started taking Collagen Peptides in my water bottle I take to work. I'm hoping to improve my fingernail and hair strength.

Have a great day everybody!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Thanks for weighing in @JenHul. Your encouragement might just be the nudge I needed. I’m going to be as efficient as possible today so I can start the application process. 🙏🏼
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all:

Hope everyone had a great day today...temps were a little cooler here today so it wasn't sweltering...low 70s...pretty near perfect weather! Still hot when in the sun, but a nice breeze, so not really humid. Busy day at work and things kept popping up, so I didn't get everything accomplished that I'd planned, but I'm a little ahead on a couple of things because I started a day early on a couple of them. That really helped.

Got up early and walked for 15 min this morning...wish I could have walked longer but had to hurry to the office.

Looking forward to finishing up a few things first thing in the morning and then I have some international conference calls...those always take longer because of the translators. Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!
    Jessica :smile:
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is the daily card. Happy Thursday everyone <3
    rw8vp2t96v4h.jpg
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Here’s my weekly report:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh in Day: Thursday
    PW: 134.6
    CW: 134.3

SW: 168
    LtD: 33.7

Hope your week is going well, ShapeShifters —
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    The job vacancy I saw was filled before I had a chance to apply. It’s not necessarily a bad turn of events because I have too many other irons in the fire right now.

It’s a good reminder for me to update my resume though, so I’ll be ready for that kind of opportunity in the future. The colleagues I work with at the university in Washington, DC want me to apply for an open position there but there is one part of the job that I don’t feel quite qualified to do related to the research because I’m out of practice using statistical programs. It’s been more than 10 years since I’ve used the software so I’m sure it’s changed. I like the idea of working with the graduate students as they complete their studies so I might apply BUT for now —

This updated news about the local school district job engaging groups and building partnerships within the community prevents me from procrastinating any more about getting my business website completed. I’m reviewing the first phase of the design today, after my personal trainer session. Enjoy the day!!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,796 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-172
    Current weight-172.4
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    @angmarie28 I'm sorry you are still struggling with the schools, I hope they can work with you and your son to enrich his education. Take the small victories in your electrical getting figured out and Yay! no more flooding. Take care of yourself too, as you advocate for your son and family!
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is the card for today. Happy Friday everyone <3
    xyuokv2npu3d.jpg
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Morning all,I'm back from my week celebrating Greek Easter.Thought I would share this video it was crazy but enjoyed quiter moments too,not many tourists.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/0VpYVOeklLM?feature=share
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the video — Wow! 🤩 I’m so glad you had a chance to share the Greek Easter experience with your husband, sister, and her husband. What a nice trip — with a mix of fun and quiet times. I missed your contributions to the Shape Shifters group but I was sure you were enjoying your break and would come back rejuvenated @izzyred9400. Welcome back!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    I'm just over these schools seeing a behavior case vs an autistic child that needs more support

Yes — I hope the school staff can work in partnership with your family to better understand your son. It sounds as though he’s feeling uncomfortable and distressed at school if he keeps trying to run away. I understand how stressful it is to be an educator and a parent these days, trying to support so many children in distress, but I really hope everyone can stay focused on your son.
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    I'm still trying to watch what I eat, glad I haven't gained with all that's going on, ugh. But my laundry room quit flooding and my husband figured out the electrical issue in the garage, so that's a bonus I suppose

Technical solution are usually easier than human ones. I’m glad you’re sorting through the house repairs and have a plan for your son’s academic and social-emotional progress. Thinking of you!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 thank you for sharing the video. Looks like lots of fun!!
  • Pupowl
    Options
    I came across this video and thought I would share it here. I am sure it will hit some of you in the feels. <3

https://youtu.be/mFQ7zqn6j18
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    pedal__power
    Fridays
    PW 199.8
    CW 199.6

Steps
    4/18 14,291
    4/19 16,101
    4/20 15,690

Happy Friday Shape Shifters! The scale has been bouncing around this week. I had a mostly good week for nutrition and tracking, except for a couple days. On those days, I had been out super late playing hockey and going to a concert and didn't sleep enough. When I'm tired, I end up eating way more than I need to. Anyways, I'm feeling good overall about my habits lately.

@Pupowl thank you for sharing that powerful video

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,285 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 4/18: 10,127
    Wed 4/19: 5,867
    Thu 4/20: 10,183
This discussion has been closed.