Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Great to see you back! Renaissance Festival sounds like fun! Hope all is well with your Mom. Way to go on getting the walk in!

@DrewsAnna Pink should be real fun, all her live performances seem great! Two out of three meals isn't bad, you got this!

@megnolia82 Great to see you!

@trooworld I hope you make it through work ok, stomach bugs are no fun! Thank you.

@tammymccrady6278 Good luck with yoga, let us know how it goes! Heck yoga is harder than everything I do, I think I've been flared up in bed more from it than weights so good luck to you, hope you found a gentle routine to start with. New Zealand for your stepdaughter's wedding sounds amazing! My brother's first girlfriend (we're still close) is in New Zealand with her husband and daughter, she sent me some “Maori” metal to check out recently. It looks so beautiful there, you must be excited!

@txcritter69 That's scary with Diesel, I hope the trainer can help. I've mostly been around little dogs so have nothing to add there, I'm glad the little dog is ok.

@FushiaKat Wow it's super warm there! Honestly one of the best things to come out of COVID is Walmart pickup for us physically challenged people because getting bulk cat litter and dry food is so much hassle. I hope it wasn't too hard on you. That was very generous of you to donate to the local shelter, I know they're more overrun than usual post-COVID then kitten season. I love your last paragraph, great advice Kat!

Hi everyone! I had an early morning at the greenhouse, I was up most the night but was determined to get stuff done today after feeling bad yesterday. I started 10 flats of seeds (2 types of lettuce, basil, zucchini, cantaloupe) then went to the farmer's market for a couple pieces of fruit and paid my Xfinity bill to make sure they gave me an outage discount that didn't go through last month (with every other customer, thank goodness I had my walker!) then headed to the pain clinic. I let the receptionist know no one's called me back and I wanted to reschedule my next appointment with anyone but that jerk I talked to last time (yes I said worse than this at a place where I'm always told I'm too nice and need to complain more), she agreed he was out-of-line and got me in with a doctor which is awesome since mine left along with everyone else I liked and I trust no one there now and may back out of the stimulator until I do. Came home and lifted weights and pulled weeds and took a bath then finished my minutes for the charity, I'm totally beat! There were three teen girls in the greenhouse today and they were talking about whether or not to take a year off between high school and college and how their relationships would last through college, I bit my tongue the whole time, it was really sweet and innocent.

No Zero Days
    great healthy food under calories
    good water
    greenhouse, chair cardio/weights, stretching, gardening
    Actually told someone who invited herself to my house on a day where I don't want company because I'm getting a tooth pulled that even with ice cream I don't want her here that day, go me on enforcing boundaries for a change!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    @katmary on my goodness, you and Bill have had the time off it! I am so sorry that you had such a rough go! I am glad that you had a good Easter with your family. Sometimes pictures are a real wake up call, I have definitely had more than my fair share of them🥴.

@AustinRuadhain congratulations on the exercise! I know sometimes festivals can definitely do a person in. I know you’ve got this week!

@DrewsAnna sounds like you are on the right path!!

@trooworld trainers are so good nowadays, I just know you’re going to get right on track with Violet! I did get back to the gym :-) :-). I wasn’t sure if I was going to once I laid down on the couch.🤣.

Well, I actually made it back to the gym yesterday afternoon and did 45 minutes of weights, and then went to the Yin yoga, which I am counting as a stretch class. The first Yin class I went to was so relaxing, and wonderful (you would go into a gentle stretch position and hold that for 3 to 5 minutes, 90% of them were while laying on our backs). The one yesterday was tough! I was expecting to go there and be all nice and chill and relaxed and instead she had us attempting all these challenging stretches, not what I signed up for🤣🤣🤣. I got it done, glad it’s over with lol. Today I was right on track with food, it was not a day that I do any exercises, I tried to get in my 10,000 steps, but it is raining so hard here today that it just wasn’t possible. That is just fine though because all this rain will definitely help to green things up. That’s it for me tonight, I hope everybody has a great day tomorrow!
  • fairymange
    fairymange Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 A Halloween destination wedding sounds SO fun! Let us know how yoga goes! Take note of your personal victories as you go. It's really motivating when you see those little bits of progress class after class. Like, if you know you could only touch your shin the first week, and two weeks later you find you can reach your ankle. Those little things can get you hooked! It did for me.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 I'm glad you did ok with food. A trip to New Zealand sounds amazing! How did you like the yoga? I really enjoy yoga.

@txcritter69 That's great you have a morning walk routine with Diesel, I bet he loves that. That must have been scary with the little dog.

@FushiaKat That's hot! I am ready for warmer weather.

@Katmary71 Thanks, I barely did lol. I'm glad you spoke up for yourself at the pain clinic. I hope you like the doctor. Haha about the teenagers...to be young again! Way to go with your no zeros, I like how you set boundaries!

@laurelfit57 I hope so. Yesterday was bad: in the morning, Violet and Daisy got into it and Violet bit Daisy's paw and made it bleed. :( Then when we got home from work, they got into it again and Violet bit Daisy's fat folds (luckily, she has them) and my husband had to break them up. Yay for getting back to the gym!!! I'm impressed! The Yin yoga sounds really relaxing. Oh, maybe not if it was tough lol.

Hi all. Oh I didn't feel well at work yesterday, I ate a healthy breakfast and then at about 10:30-11ish, I started having stomach pains. I took a longer lunch than usual and took a nap in my car. I skipped lunch altogether but had some ginger ale and crackers at about 2pm. By 3, I was starting to feel better thanks to that. I feel okay today but yesterday was rough lol. I ate a small portion of dinner.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank an acceptable amount of water, had a healthy breakfast and skipped lunch, and had a small amount of dinner.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • rodgerd27
    rodgerd27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Username: rodgerd27
    Weigh in day: Monday
    SW: 106.0kg
    PW: 104.3kg
    CW: 104.5kg
    GW: 95.0kg

Slight hiccup over Easter, but back on the wagon.
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 147.2
    CW: 146.6
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Good morning Slims!

Hey! I sense some improvement here! MFP speeds are better today - hope you all are seeing an improvement as well~ It's been a frustrating test of patience when trying to work with the Community pages.

It's warm today, but very windy. I'll take the warm. I am starting to think about riding the bicycle to work. I think by Monday morning the sunrise will be at 6:00am or sooner, so safe for riding. I don't want to ride if the wind is this strong, but if these warm temps hang in there and the wind dies down, I'l be bicycling next week. Someone told me it will rain all next week. :frowning: No matter - the bike is coming out tomorrow, as it's supposed to hit 80F (which I think is 27C). I'm working today, but I have the rest of the week off. A nice long weekend with Rich, as he is taking vacation days as well. We aren't going anywhere, but it's great to have so much time together. Normally we only have one day - Sunday - when we are both off work.

-Mica
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @trooworld- thank you for sharing your vents about Violet. They all have their little issues, don't they? They are going to be such nice dogs when we get them settled! Uh oh. i hope you are feeling OK.

@jactop- how was the quiet stretching? You sure put in a lot of effort and to have such frustrating results. I hope you can get some answers.

@bethanie0825 - glad you are back in our little Slims planet. Hope you can also get some answers.

@laurelfit57 - thank you for sharing that about Vannie- it gives me hope. Wow, multiple exercises in one day- you are determined. And it worked! Nice loss! I think they should warn you if stretching is going to be a strenuous class.

@fairymange- wow- you did handle those parties quite well. Nice loss!

@shaunarlr1983 - you are hanging in there with the 6 in your number and not the 7. Keep up the good work!

@katmary71- I WAS very close to dropping a size, and then I gained. At one point I was down to 166 and now I'm 172ish. :( I hope you are feeling better and got things straightened out at the pain clinic-- oh yeah you did it! Yay! and so cute about the greenhouse conversation. Phew- what a busy day!

@AustinRuadhain - Hooray for exercise during a busy week!

@DrewsAnna - thank you for the words of encouragement. Much needed. Let us know how the biopsy goes- been thinking of you.

@megnolia82- how are you feeling?

@tammymccrady6278 - New Zealand?! That's very exciting!

@txcritter69 - oh my goodness- Diesel- what were you thinking? That had to be scary. I'm sure the trainer will have good ideas for you.

@FushiaKat - how nice of you to help the shelter, and in that heat. You are doing so great at maintenance! Thank you for your inspiring words- I needed to hear them.

@micaroo4 - hope you can get the bike out. That must be exciting after snow. Enjoy your days off.

Well, like I said- I can't get my act together. Tracked Monday- killed it. No tracking yesterday or today. Exercise is on point. Weekend eating was not great, but I can't fix that until next weekend.

Lisa

• Katmary71
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Thank you! Haha was your Yin yoga class a flow class? Funny when you hold poses forever it's kind of boring but when you're going fast you WISH you could hold them longer! I'm sure on your second gym trip for the day you really didn't want to work quite that hard.

@trooworld I'm so glad you started feeling better late afternoon yesterday, hope tomorrow you're back to normal. Great job on the water!

@micaroo4 You're right, it didn't take me as long for the forum to open, great news on the speed here! Oh no hope the rain skips you, riding to work would be awesome.

@Cornanda Hm it sounds like you're not doing awful and aren't too far from getting into a lower size, is there anything you really want soon to help inspire you? Would meal planning help where you can prelog for a few days? Just brainstorming on how to make it easier for a bit.

Wow been a bit slow here, hope everyone is doing well! I got up and went back to sleep for a bit (staying up all night is really annoying me again). I worked out then have been cleaning until I couldn't anymore, I at least cleaned up the kitchen and table which was super messy from starting seeds indoors and vacuumed up all the dirt, rest of house, and did all the floors. People keep wanting to stop by and I want to have a few people to dinner so I have a lot of cleaning to do. Made this air fryer pork loin by Well Plated for dinner and recommend it, it came out really good and I had some zucchini and peppers I threw in while the meat was sitting: https://www.wellplated.com/air-fryer-pork-tenderloin/ I'm meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow and my oldest nephew's going to help me with potting mix at Costco either tomorrow or Friday. Have a great Thursday team!

No Zero Days
    mostly healthy food under calories
    chair workouts, strength, stretching, and cleaning
    great water/tea
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 126.0
    CW: 125.4
    Omg, this no-snacks-after-6.30 routine, works! Well, hope I’m not jinxing it 😁.
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Nice work @GabiV125 !

Thank you @vegan4lyfe2012 for BEAUTIFUL hand made Easter card. I always put your cards on my desk so I can admire them during my work day. They make me smile.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Way to go!

@micaroo4 Yes, I noticed yesterday was a better MFP experience for sure. A nice ride to and from work sounds like a good destresser. Enjoy the nice weather and the long weekend!

@Cornanda They do! But we love them lol. They will be great dogs. Just hang in there! That goes for me, too lol. I am feeling better, thanks. I need to get back to consistent tracking, too. I just haven't been committed to it.

@Katmary71 Thanks, I do feel better. That must be miserable, staying up all night. I'm sorry! Ooh thanks for the recipe, that looks good! Enjoy your lunch. Great no zeros!

@GabiV125 Yay congrats!

Hi all. I did so-so yesterday, I didn't have a healthy breakfast but I did skip lunch and had a healthy dinner. I'm still struggling to track. I have this perfectionist side that says that I should just wait until my week starts over on Friday. I know that's bad.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank an acceptable amount of water, skipped lunch and had a reasonable portion of a healthy dinner.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @trooworld - I do that too with tracking and also I think that I do better if I track even part of the day rather than zero. And there's this little nasty voice that talks me into eating one thing that I don't want to track and then talks me into not tracking at all that day...........
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 195.4
    CW: 195.0
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Sorry for my absence on here. Been crazy busy with work and the kids. Doctor scheduled DIL for inducement next week Tuesday night if baby Sophie hasn't arrived yet. I'll write more later, gaters!
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    @trooworld I am so sorry that Daisy was hurt♥️. Hopefully with work with your trainer things will get straightened out in quick order. Is it a reactive dog class that you guys are going to be going into? There is one of those right after our agility class, I am amazed at how much progress has been made in the last few weeks! I am so sorry that you were feeling so tough the other day! I 100% used to have that same point of view, if I messed up, that week was a total write off for me, and I would just wait for the next week to start all over again.

@micaroo4 I agree with you, ha I was much faster getting on an FP today. That is a very nice thought, being able to cycle to work! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

@Cornanda I feel like if you just stay consistent with what you were doing, things will turn around. Sometimes with Vannie there were very long days, but now I am so glad that I put in the work. I’m not sure if that stretch class was that strenuous or if it was just strenuous for this old stiff body🤣. Lisa you are doing a lot right! Your exercise is on point, you have tracked, everything does not need to be 100%. I am celebrating you🥰

@katmary it is not a flow class, it is supposed to be much gentler than that, it all depends on the yoga teacher that day. You are very right, I did not want to work that hard my second time at the gym on Monday lol. It sounds like your house is going to be absolutely spotless and ready for any company!

@GabiV125 it really looks like no snacking after 630 works for you! Good for you!!

@Vegan4lyfe2012 so exciting about the baby coming!

Some absolutely super fabulous over the moon exciting news to share… I slept 5 1/2 hours last night !!!!!!!! can’t even tell you how great that felt!!!!!
    Anyway… Onto other news. Had a really good day today, good spin class and weight training afterwards. What a difference it is when you have slept being able to actually focus and put in the effort, feels great!
    My daughter, son-in-law and grand kiddos came over for dinner last night and I made spaghetti and meatballs, I found a new recipe for turkey meatballs, and they were the best meatballs I have ever made! My turkey meatballs are usually quite dried out, no matter what I do, but these were great.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @GabiV125 Woohoo, in the groove!

@trooworld Sounds like you're making it work! So being a perfectionist do you tend to think all-or-nothing with this? It's what I used to always do, if I ate something I shouldn't I may as well wash it down with a milkshake and start the next day. I'm sure you're doing better than you think!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Prayers for your DIL and Sophie, and for all you supporting them! So exciting!

@laurelfit57 Woohoo you're doing amazing on the sleep, I know you feel like a different person with some sleep behind you, congrats! Wow if that recipe is online you have to post it for us!

Hi team, hope everyone had a great Thursday. Did my workout, went to Trader Joe's, then met my friend for lunch. She thankfully didn't give me a hard time about not wanting her here after my tooth is pulled as I had my heels dug in and was ready to fight. She's older than me and we've been friends since I was around 10 so I always deferred to her when we were younger. We met at Red Robin where I got the CA chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries and said no to refills which I rarely do because I love them so much. Spent some time in the yard and sprayed some weeds in the front and here I am. Bill passed out at work and is in the hospital again, it's related to the clot but that's all I know so far, his phone died and once he's in a room he's supposed to let me know which one so we can talk. I can't drive there to be with him so I feel guilty but he's in the best place he can be I guess.

No Zero Days
    chair cardio, arms and ab strength, stretching
    water/tea
    fairly healthy for going out to eat, under calories
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 171.9
    CW: 171.7

I'll take it!
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @trooworld - oops, I missed the part about Daisy getting hurt. I hope it wasn't too bad and that Violet quickly learns that is not the thing to do.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - you got a loss this week- Congrats. The next 4 days should be plenty exciting! Keep us updated. BTW- I love the pic of you and the mamas to be!

@laurelfit57 - Being consistent is a good point. We are also trying to look for/recognize progress that has been made. It's easy to focus on what he hasn't learned yet instead of all the stuff he's doing well at, and that just gets you down. You're right- it will be worth it in the end. And I need to stop acting like a toddler- "wah, wah, I want it now!" Thank you for the encouragement and for celebrating me. And Hooray for sleep!

@Katmary71 - Goodness, I hope Bill is OK. He's been through a lot lately.

I lost the measurements that I did in Feb and wrote on a scrap of paper to enter "later", but I measured myself yesterday and was "fatter" than I was the last time I did measurements- about a year ago. That could have sent me off the rails, but it didn't. I've decided that I need to get my weight under 170 toot sweet. So that is my next goal.

Happy Friday to all.

Lisa

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

@trooworld - what a cute puppy! 😍

@laurelfit57 - yay for sleep!!!

@Katmary71 - don’t ever delete a lengthy vent session, pm me lol sometimes I need to vent to someone too! I’m so sorry things got rocky and Bill is having so many problems, I’m sure not being able to be with him is very hard on you both! Hugs! Love your new picture. Isn’t it crazy how few people stay friends from school? I always knew this and have preached it to my kids, I actually work in the same building with a girl I grew up with and we were best friends in high school, she even lived with us for several months, we have stayed great friends but time and distance grew more and more and we rarely ever talk. I saw her at Christmas and told her I moved back home (3 miles from her) and she hasn’t ever tried to reach out or talk. I didn’t feel it necessary to try again when I started working here 🤷🏼‍♀️

@micaroo4 - I haven’t started stretching either ☹️ really need to start!

@AmbersWay - I need to stop calling it Beachbody because they have rebranded and are now just called Bodi 👎🏼 I’ll never get used to that. Sorry you had a rough week, love those goals, and clothes victories are the best!! I need more challenges, I’ve tried looking for other friends and challenges but haven’t found anything yet. Guess I’m not looking hard enough.

@tammymccrady6278 - I’ve been the same for so long! 😂 the weightloss is coming so super slowly this time but I’m hoping that means I’ll actually keep it off! How did yoga go?

@DrewsAnna - I love that you reannounced your goals! I have had to do that so many times.

@Cornanda - I love to hear your pet frustrations. I love dogs and have always had them but when I got divorced I was ready to step away from owning any. They are just like having kids, I needed a break! I had been basically a single mom to two humans for 21 years and I can’t begin to name the number and variety of pets. My husbands (both) always wanted and got different animals and it was always left up to me to care for them. I hated losing them 💔 but it’s inevitable when their lifespans are so much shorter than ours. It’s nice not to have the added responsibility for now. I’m sure I’ll settle in and get a new love one of these years but not now. I’m happy for y’all that have partners that pitch in equally!

@Jactop - message me if you have any questions….keto wise. I’m curious what you eat mostly. When I was very strict keto I noticed my diary was almost always under calories also. My hunger and food intake also decreased. What did you choose for a sweetener? What do you drink daily besides water? I still sway more towards keto than anything I just haven’t been able to stick with it for an extended period since before Covid 🤷🏼‍♀️

@bethanie0825 - I’ve missed you!!! I happy you’re on a normal schedule. Hopefully it’s just taking your body awhile to adjust and you get everything figured out soon.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Thank you for the Easter Card and all of my cards!!! I love them so much! I’m so excited for next Tuesday for you!!! Can’t wait to hear updates!!! This pregnancy seemed to fly by from my perspective!! 😂 Hopefully when it’s my turn, time slows a bit!

I reread and caught up with you all. Sorry if I missed specific highlights! I love everyone in this group! Time is hard to juggle. I want to do so much and most days I am but other days I just sleep and don’t want to crawl out of bed. This past week we went bowling, to the races, had Easter with my family, celebrated my nieces birthday (without her twin brother this year💔) I took them all to the Myriad gardens in OKC so we could take pictures of her with the tulips, I’ve been making it to her softball games also. My son started staying back with my little brother, so I spend a couple nights a week hanging with them and see my daughter at work and on the weekends! Still don’t do too much with my mom but we’ve had a few good moments together here and there! I’ve made it to the gym 4 times this month, ran 3 miles and walked a couple times. I’m ready to hit the trails soon for another hike! The scale is slowly moving! I so happy to still be progressing but It’s just so hard to focus on it all!!!
This discussion has been closed.