Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
edited April 2023 in Social Groups
rb2uy9c4xmcn.png
Here is your Team chat room for April 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @JaysFan82
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The April challenge runs for 4 weeks, from April 2 - 29. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. Let's have a Green March!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with @broncobuddee. Our wonderful motivator is @Katmary71!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

CHANGES TO YOUR WEIGH-IN DAY/WEIGHTS
    If you have any changes to your weigh-in day or reported weights, be sure to tag @BroncoBuddee who handles all of that stuff. He also handles moving people to cheerleader status/or other status changes.

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband, a cute one-eyed pirate pug named Daisy (7 yrs old), and 9-month-old pug pup name Violet. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. I use the Healthi app. I have about 65 lbs to lose. For exercise, I like to lift weights on our Tonal home gym, walk and talk with friends, as well as hike but I don't hike much anymore due to knee pain. I’m just coming out of falling off the wagon. I never stopped coming here and posting (which helped a lot to get me back on track!), but fell down into a dark place. I am doing much better now.

Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!
  • trooworld
    Options
    I'm going to post the NO ZERO DAYS stuff again for the benefit of the new members...

8cn1bens9q1q.png

I invite you to join me on a quest for a NO ZERO DAYS 2023! What is No Zero Days? There are 4 simple ideas behind this:

There are no more zero days. A zero day is when you don’t do anything towards your goals. But that doesn’t mean you have to go full-throttle on your goals each day, no, just do something small if you have to, do a single push-up, walk to the mailbox, drink one less soda…anything not to report a zero day. Do one thing to make your life better each day.

Be grateful to the 3 YOUs: the past you, the present you, and the future you! Be GRATEFUL to the past you for the positive things you’ve done. Did you do that push-up yesterday? THANK YOU YOUNGER ME. Second part of the 3 me’s is you gotta do your future self a favor, just like you would for your best friend. Tired and can’t get off reddit/videogames/interwebs? This one’s for future me, i’m gonna rock out p90x Ab Ripper X for 17 minutes. I’m doing this one for future me. Alarm clock goes off and bed is too comfy? This one’s for my best friend, the future me. I’m up and going for a 5 km run (or 25 meter run, it’s gotta be non zero). MAKE SURE YOU THANK YOUR OLD SELF for rocking out at the end of every.single.thing. that makes your life better. The cycle of doing something for someone else (future you) and thanking someone for the good in your life (past you) is key to building gratitude and productivity.

FORGIVE YOURSELF. Tried your best to have a nonzero day yesterday and it failed? so what. I forgive you previous self. I forgive you. But today? Today is a nonzero masterpiece to the best of my ability for future self.

Exercise and books: exercise is self-explanatory but the books, read a self-improvement book…reading gets you to the next level!

Here’s more detailed information and where I got the above info:
    https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hi Team,
    I'm Kathryn or Kat for short. I am chronically ill but determined to do my best each day. I find it daunting to keep up with everything on here, due to brain fog but I do read the updates. I reached maintenance the last week of 2022. My range is 135 - 140, so far so good. I have rheumatoid arthritis, plus, plus, plus. I lost weight without really exercising and walking about 3000 steps a day. Life is good at the moment; I'm having a mild flare up. I stopped yesterday on the way home and took this picture, we've had so much rain that the mountains are covered in snow.
    Welcome new team members, this is a great place to be with really nice people.
    stdypwb8kttx.jpg
  • trooworld
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @fairymange Welcome to the team! Yay!!! The No Zero Day concept is very helpful, I think. I'm another Californian as is @Katmary71. I live in Southern California (the beach part lol but I also do no surf). We love pets on this board, so pics welcome! Cool side job. I love your hobbies! I can't wait to get to know you better. <3

@txcritter69 I'm sorry you are struggling. We've all been there. How did you do with making better choices yesterday?

@Cornanda Congrats on the loss!

@AmbersWay Thank you!

@19shmoo69 LOL! Yes, please drink more coffee Darren as you are clearly not caffeinated enough! :D

@RachelCraythorne Welcome to the team! Woo hoo for joining!

@Katmary71 Thank you! Violet does need a lot of walks to de-crazy her lol. Unfortunately, right now, she's still healing from her spay surgery (for another week) so not too long of walks = lots of craziness. Right now, she's sleeping on my husband's lap, so not too much going on. I'm glad you had a good time with your neighbor. Margaritas are hard to resist as is wine, at least for me! Have a good day! Great no zeros!

@tammymccrady6278 @askewcr Congrats on the losses!

Hi all. I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but I think my big loss was just my body's way of getting back to my set-point. I really need to push myself to get past that point. :( In more cheerful news, my husband and I have a great date night planned today: early attendance of a musical (The Outsiders, yes based on the book) + dinner at a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant that I can't wait to try. He's been there but I have not. It's supposed to be really good.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Pretracked meals, ate a salad for dinner.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    The April Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, April 2nd. This week we're working on Nutrition Pinpoints to help us eat healthier meals. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10887843/april-week-1-group-challenge-nutrition-pinpoints/p1?new=1

Hope you will join us!
    Jessica :blush:
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kathy and have been part of Mission Slimpossibles for over four years now, I hope you come to like it as much as I do! I'm our team motivator and our fearless leaders are the wonderful @trooworld and @broncobuddee . I'm 51 and live in the Sacramento area in California with my two cats Jasper and Asher not far from my parents and my brother's family. I came back to MFP at the start of 2019 after going off a high amount of pain medication and was obese and extremely unhealthy, I lost about 75lbs and came off diabetes medication and improved my liver and pancreas function but still struggle with chronic pain from failed back surgeries, nerves being burned during a laparoscopy, and CRPS. Easier to just say nerve damage from the chest down for those of you who haven't heard of any of those! I do a little part-time work but am hoping I'll be able to do more after I do a spinal cord stimulator trial in a couple months, volunteer at the food bank farm, and am secretary for a local charity. I eat low-moderate carb and mostly whole foods and do chair cardio, weights, and stretching daily. My favorite hobbies are gardening and reading then spending time with family and my boyfriend who lives about 2 hours away. If there's anything I can do to support you please let me know, you're welcome to add me as a friend on here too just let me know you're a Mission Slimpossible in the message.

@FushiaKat I hope the flare up calms down soon for you. That's a beautiful photo with the mountains covered in snow in the background! Brain fog is the worst!

@trooworld Aw I love picturing her on your husband's lap resting, sounds like she's workin him to be her future owner! I'm kidding, that's super sweet though. Have a wondnerful time on your date tonight, both the musical and restaurant sound amazing!

Hi team, forgot about this being the start of the month so this is extra long, I'm sorry! The food drive/Easter basket collection and pickup went well but I'm super tired and worn out, I slept for 2 hours when I got home. I had trouble sleeping last night because I get worried about physically being able to handle it which of course doesn't help but I had my walker with me and was better about sitting in between cars. Not much else to discuss, I'm not doing a “workout” today since I did that and I'll think of my goals for April tomorrow.

No Zero Days
    survived the food drive/Easter Baskets
    ate better today than yesterday and feel a bit back on track
    great water
  • trooworld
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Yes indeed! She's not going anywhere lol. We just have to work on the behaviors, which we are doing. Yesterday was incredible, the musical was amazing, the restaurant was too. I'm glad the food drive/Easter basket collection/pickup went well. Congrats on feeling back on track!

Hmmm...it's quiet this morning lol. Hi all. I had a great date day yesterday. The musical did things with the set/lighting that was really cool. During the big fight scene, they had rain coming down on the fighters. I don't know how they did it but it was a cool effect. The food was incredible at the restaurant. They specialize in dumplings and we had a couple of varieties. I hope you are having an amazing Sunday. I have a busy day planned. I have a zoom call with my older brother and his family, have to take Violet to get her rabies shot, have to make a spaghetti sauce that takes 6 hours to make, and some other stuff. The day will fly by.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Ate a healthy brunch, ordered a side dish of green beans and didn't eat dessert at dinner; and drank lots of water.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

Hello to everyone just joining and also those who might have forgotten me since I was mostly AWOL the past month! 🤦🏼‍♀️

I’m 39 (for one more month) and live in Oklahoma! I work 3-4 nights a week as an ER Tech at a county hospital. Still new to the position and learning something everyday but really enjoying it, it’s bringing out the best part of me!

I went through a divorce at the end of the year so now I’m enjoying living my best life. I mostly hang out with my grown kids (21 and 18) or my baby brother (25) so they keep me young. I love to exercise, hiking is my favorite form but I get my best results from lifting.

This month I’m eating strict low carb and uh doing the 3 Week Beachbody program, Muscle Burns Fat! I’ve completed it once about 2 years ago with amazing results. It is a 7 day a week program but one day is super short and quick paced and the other is stretching. I’m also planning some fun things for the days ahead but still haven’t decided on what I want to do for the big 4-0 Celebration!

I’m excited to catch up with everyone again and get to know the new ones!!! I’ve just completed my 4 day stretch of worknights with only 12 combined hours of sleep on the 3 days in between! It’s time for me to catch up on some sleep!!!

@fairymange - hi I caught your post as I was trying to leave the March thread and wanted to say I’m about to take a trip to a cemetery where several circus people are buried, the headstones are supposed to be pretty unique, and there is another section with lots of Old West people, Lane Frost is buried there. Anywho lol glad to have you here!!!

@askewcr - you do have this!!!

@FushiaKat - I love that picture!!! Glad things are good!

@trooworld - fun fact, the movie The Outsiders (my moms favorite movie, so I grew up watching it over and over) was filmed in Oklahoma and you can still go visit their house! 😁I’m going sometime soon and when I do I’ll post the pic!

@Katmary71 - you have been so busy, you’re always making me wanna do more!!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Hi Slims!
    I am in the Goal Zone! My once-upon-a-time weight was 220, but my current goal range is 127-133 (center weight 130). Currently because of illness in March, my weight (125.8) is a little less than my stated goal range. I'm trying to s-l-o-w-l-y regain up to my goal range, without setting the train on a runaway track of gaining. I am 67, still working part-time as a bookkeeper at a plastics factory. My nutrition plan is simple: I track every blessed thing that crosses my lips and do my best to stay within my target for calories, protein, carbs & fats. My exercise plan is a Strength Training workout 3 mornings/week for about 30 minutes, and some kind of cardio on the remaining mornings (elliptical, stationary bike). I take a 3 mile walk every day, sometimes longer, and sometimes I take more than one walk.
    I want to make this Action April. I'm committed to being more active this month, starting today (because yesterday I was kind of a slug). I want to spend as much time outside as possible, walking, hiking, bird watching and riding my bicycle. I'll try to get some activity in the morning, mid-day, and evening. I'm going to SAY that I will do some stretching to improve my flexibility...but that's one of the things I always say I want to do and then don't follow through :naughty:

Welcome new members! Good luck everyone!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

a5edh53kjb0u.png
    fi1nwrowwwd0.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    6m8jzd00b8c4.png

By Pounds
    b3wb0a5p1lfy.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    5cqtakuqh0j5.png

By Pounds
    ra4md2sr5wra.png
    gep8me0oe94e.png

Team Winners
    v3jkyus3i7y7.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

4p83da84msuz.png
    0b8f66f6pkjd.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    q6mm0hfuldwb.png

By Pounds
    e4sr01n5b5uv.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    nx7aaddiypeh.png

By Pounds
    sp8dojhb8fy2.png
    x2ipigqrjngn.png
    ife1ylw3eshf.png

Team Winners
    yszlccflh7ea.png
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hi Slim a Roos-

I'm Lisa, 54, live in Florida with my husband of 31 years, my son- recently graduated from college, and puppy Gus. My daughter is away at college. I have struggled with my weight for pretty much all of my adult life. I love this group and the support it provides! For exercise I do step aerobics, walk and some strength training.

@micaroo4 - ACTION APRIL! I like it! I also constantly put off flexibility/mobility/stretching type exercises. Would you like to do something with me to make it happen this month? I had been planning to do it as my Friday workout, but so far have not. I'd even be happy if I did it twice this month. Let me know your thoughts.

I recently returned from a trip to visit my parents. This seems to have thrown me off- no tracking this week, less steps and exercise, one really bad food day, and a desire for sweets. I think I'm ready to get back to work.

Congrats Leader Board Peeps! Nice work!

Have a good week y'all!

Lisa
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda - Lisa, I'd definitely like to do a mini-challenge with you for flexibility. 🤔 How about 15 minutes this week. 2 minutes a day, or one 15 minute session, however you like.
    -Mica
This discussion has been closed.