• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    👍
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @Cornanda and @Micaroo4 want to do a flexibility/mobility/stretching challenge?
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Laurel. I am 66 years old and live in Alberta. I am a mom of 5: 4 adult kids all fully launched, one fur baby who is super active and helps me get in my daily exercise and I have two amazing grand kiddos ♥️.
    I had been on a weight loss journey for what feels like forever (my heaviest being 200+ snout 20 years ago). I finally reached goal May 8, 2022! I was in maintenance for the spring and summer. My hormones went off the rails and sleep became a huge issue. Right now I am about 10 pounds over my goal weight and finally getting things under control.
    Throughout this journey I have discovered that I absolutely love working out at the gym, spin classes are my favourite, I also do weights about three times a week, and I’m trying to get going on yin yoga for flexibility. I typically work out at the gym three days a week, the other days I try to maintain at least 10,000 steps and with my little pup that usually isn’t an issue lol.
    With the support and encouragement of this amazing group, I know I will get back in range and this is all just part of this new phase of my journey.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @trooworld So glad your date night went well, I hope your Sunday was awesome. Zoom calls with family is fun, I haven't done that since lockdown but may have to initiate it now. Poor Violet, good luck with her shot. Way to go on no dessert!

@shaunarlr83 I can't wait to hear what you're up to for your birthday! Wow your work week sounds exhausting.

@megnolia82 Let's make this an amazing awesome April!

@txcritter69 We won't get tired of Diesel pics, you have a bunch of animal lovers in this group! Woohoo congratulations on 10 years no smoking, that's incredible! I gained a lot after stopping too, I hope you get the last 10lbs off for good soon! Great goals for the month!

@sleepygirl79 Oh I hope you're able to run that soon, that would be amazing!

@micaroo4 Congratulations on being in the goal zone, that's amazing! I love the idea of action April and look forward to seeing what adventures you go on.

@davidji82 @GabiV125 @shaunarlr83 Way to go team winners, way to end March!

@AustinRuadhain @GabiV125 @tammymccrady6278 Way to go team winners for all of March!

@Cornanda Of course you're ready, you got this! It's tough getting back into routine at first.
    Love the stretching challenge idea!

@19shmoo69 I didn't know you had a marathon coming up, how exciting!

@Jactop Happy to have you back! I'm interested to hear how keto goes for you, there's been a lot of success in it helping auto immune issues and pain so I'm hopeful for you.

@micaroo4 @Cornanda @Jactop you know if there's a challenge I can do I want in! Annihilate April with our flexibility coming up!

@laurelfit57 Yes you definitely are being reminded of how life with sleep is so much better it sounds like! I hope you're in the zone with it and the sleep issues are behind you. Enjoy that beautiful weather, I'm sure our adorable Vannie will be happy to be out in it too!

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great Sunday! I worked out then went to my parent's house so my Dad could help me with my Microsoft application on my laptop before any more board meetings come up as I had Office 365 when I'd gone back to school and tried loading a free version of Word and now they keep hosing each other every time I try to do something, he was saying even if I bought Microsoft 365 it wouldn't run right because they've corrupted each other but we can't get them off my computer unless we do some major stuff. We did a temporary fix but I'd backed out and left my computer behind so thank goodess I remembered before I drove all the way there. I made turkey enchiladas with a couple friends and they came out good, had a great food day today too. Just need the next storm to go through and hopefully I'll be feeling a little better. Have a great Monday!

No Zero Days
    under calories and healthy choices
    great water/tea
    chair cardio, arms and ab strengthening, stretching
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 @laurelfit57 @Jactop And anyone else who would like to join us- Let's follow Mica's suggestion for the challenge this week:

@Cornanda - Lisa, I'd definitely like to do a mini-challenge with you for flexibility. 🤔 How about 15 minutes this week. 2 minutes a day, or one 15 minute session, however you like.
    -Mica

Post what you did!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @davidji82 @GabiV125 @shaunarlr83 @AustinRuadhain @tammymccrady6278 Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard! Special shout-out to those that were in the green all 5 weeks, that aint easy: @GabiV125 @tammymccrady6278 @AustinRuadhain

@broncobuddee Did you get my weigh-in? I lost 5 lbs this week, which I thought would have gotten me on the leaderboard because I see the 3rd place by pounds individual lost 3.8 lbs. I'm kind of confused lol

@AustinRuadhain Congrats on 60 lbs down! Woo hoo!

@shaunarlr83 Wow that's not a lot of sleep lol. I don't know how you do it. Oh please post a pic of the house from the Outsiders! I would appreciate it!

@txcritter69 Congrats on 10 years smoke free, that is incredible!

@sleepygirl79 @AmbersWay @19shmoo69Congrats on the losses!

@Cornanda I'm ready to get back to work, too.

@laurelfit57 She's doing really well, she is almost completely recovered from her spay and had an obedience lesson on Thursday. She was a star, learning really quickly! We may try her in a group class in a couple of weeks, we have to work with her until then and see if she is less reactive to people and dogs by then. Thanks for asking! She is fitting in nicely. The date night was great, we needed it lol. Yeah, the sauce started on the stove but you put it in the oven to slow-roast for 5 hours. It was really good. I didn't like the meatballs (they were too oniony and soft) but the sauce was incredible: https://www.seriouseats.com/the-best-slow-cooked-italian-american-tomato-sauce-red-sauce-recipe Sounds like you are doing great. I'm glad the weather is warming up there. Wow, that's a lot of mud lol!

@Katmary71 Thanks, the Sunday was okay, just cooked that sauce and had the zoom call. We ended up postponing the shot until next weekend. I'll let you know how it goes! I'm sorry you are having computer problems again. Have a good day!

@rodgerd27 Well done! There is no speed required!

Hi all. No time to talk, I had a so-so day yesterday.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Got decent sleep.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Congrats on 60 lbs down!

x47481s2plif.png
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

@txcritterd69 - happy 10 year anniversary to a healthier you!!! I hate that it came with weight gain and struggle ever since! You will find your groove!!! I have faith in you!

@sleepygirl79 - have you ever tried to use the couch to 5k app? It’s my favorite thing ever to get me back running. It makes it so easy!!!

@micaroo4 - I love Action April!!! I’m glad you’re doing better also!

@19shmoo69 - I can’t wait to see you rock that marathon! Those before/progress/after pics really help when that scale is not playing nice!!! I’m going back to being a daily coffee drinker this month!!

@Jactop - if you’ve been strict Keto for a few weeks already you should start seeing some positive results very soon!!! I was a full month in before the scale moved and then I was showing a loss every other day like clock work. I found out quickly for every cheat day I had it would take a full week to start seeing results on the scale again, I was however losing inches the entire time and felt amazing!!! It takes away all of my joint pain and brain fog!

@laurelfit57 - with my new job I get discounts to 2 gyms in the town I work, I might look and see if they offer different things than my gym in my hometown and consider switching. My mom cleared out an area in her shop for our home gym but I like getting out and doing it elsewhere 😂 I love your gym and Vannie updates!

@trooworld - I’m planning a trip asap! That musical sounds so amazing!!! I wish I could go 😭😭😭

I’ll join you all on that challenge if y’all don’t mind!!! Yesterday I planned on coming home and sleeping until I couldn’t sleep anymore, funny that was about 4.5 hours 😒 my aunt threw her son a retirement party and we went out to celebrate and eat, I kept it all fairly low carb, couldn’t resist a spoonful of macaroni salad though! Afterwards my daughter was bummed about having all of her weekend plans fall through so I told her we would run and do a quick hike and I would buy her some groceries for the week. We invited my little brother along and had such an amazing night laughing the entire time!!! I was beyond exhausted, she didn’t feel like dropping me back off at home so I gladly slept at her apartment last night. A full nights sleep after 5 days can make you feel brand new again!!!! 🤩
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I’d like to join the flexibility challenge. @micaroo4
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Hello my SlimPeeps! My name is Jennifer and I am a 49 year old single mom of 3 adult children. I live in beautiful Southwest Michigan, right across the Lake from Chicago. My son, Marcus, is 27 and a Navy Recruiter. He and his wife are going to give me my first grandDAUGHTER this month (due in 17 days!). My oldest daughter, Sydney, is 26 this month and is catching Baby Fever LOLs. My youngest daughter, Hunter, is 23. She and her hubby are going to give me my first grandSON in June. Picture of my Hunter on the left and my DIL Ashley on the right.
    2ii3x5mwq1u3.jpg

I am enjoying my quiet time with my sweet American Blue rabbit (her name is Kismet). I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church (Board member), and also love horror movies. I have worked in Community Development at my County for over 18 years. I’m trying to break free of my food addictions and self-sabotage (yes, I’m working with a therapist). As a vegan of 11+ years, I fell into the lazy habit of too many faux meats and cheezes. I am trying to get back to unprocessed, whole foods. When I ate “clean” like that a few years ago, I was able to lose about 40 pounds. Yes, gained it back. Bad choices. I just switched up my Healthi app food plan to Carb Conscious, so looking forward to seeing how the month goes!

Creating cards is one way that I keep my hands busy and snack-free. If you’d like me to send you a random card, just send me a friend request. After I accept the friend request, then we can private message so I can get your name and mailing address. (Permission previously received for this.) To my other peeps on here that have already allowed me to send cards to, thank you! Your Easter cards are probably not going to make it to you before Sunday…but you WILL get them :)

No Zero Days logging for 4/2:
    1. Weigh/Measure all food: :)
    2. Log all food: :)
    3. 15 minutes activity: :)
    4. Stop eating when pleasantly full: :/

2023 Mantra: NO WISHES!
  • fairymange
    fairymange Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW:170.0
    CW: 170.0

@Katmary71 Thanks for the warm welcome! That book series sounds hilarious! I do like reading but I'm definitely more of a non-fiction fan. Right now I'm reading Educated by Tara Westover after hearing all my coworkers talking about it. So far it's super compelling. I think ditching school to go to San Francisco must be some kind of Nor-Cal-Teen rite of passage! We used to ditch the group on the art club field trips to the MoMA and take the bus up to Haight Ashbury for better shopping and no supervision :D

There's more to say to all of you lovely new folks but my husband just burst a pipe trying to plant an avocado tree soooo an emergency Home Depot trip is needed (oh dear). Please pray to the garden gods for me.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @broncobuddee Did you get my weigh-in? I lost 5 lbs this week, which I thought would have gotten me on the leaderboard because I see the 3rd place by pounds individual lost 3.8 lbs. I'm kind of confused lol

"

So sorry for the issue!! I sent you a PM explaining what happened - but you did indeed have a rock star week!

This discussion has been closed.