WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I'm a big fan of the HalfSizeMe podcast too but don't seem to have the time to listen as much as I like. Have you tried power zone classes with the Peloton? I have a modified version of the peloton (Bowflex bike and use the peloton app). I completed the discover you power zone classes and want to join the power zone pack to try one of their challenges.

@jugar that pics looks so tranquil

I started another course for my masters certificate. Statistics isn't my strong suit but I like the challenge in thinking a different way. I have zoom meets for 3 hrs twice a week. So much sitting along with a sedentary job is not fun. It's only 8 weeks so I know I can do it and have the rest of the summer to look forward too.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    I discovered a great step-increaser today. Kidnap a lively 13 year-old boy! I have a good friend whose son has been going through some stuff lately, including some health crazies (appendix removed) and usual adolescent brain boiling. He was home from school today, so I kidnapped him, brought him to my place for a walk in the woods and lots of gabbing. Boy can that kid move! So it was a speedy hike, up and down, and all over. We talked about everything and enjoyed the beautiful afternoon. Did me a world of good. He is a great kid - in spite of his age :smirk:

I am in full organise-all-the-things mode - horse moving, helping my mother with banking stuff, paperwork for an eco-refund on new heating system in my son's house, house insurance (I hear you @DD265 !)... But the step commitment and keeping up with exercise in general is feeling great. It is helping me get through the first bit of missing my brother. So is talking to family members so much - we're doing OK. We look forward to being together in June.

@Gidgitgoescrzy I am thrilled to hear about your perfect day. Adding in the noom with your pestiferous co-worker and a medical thing to try, your energy sounds great! Hang onto the emotions you want to feel as your goal, so when willpower gives out (like it does), you can look for those feelings like you're having now. Extra food isn't going to give you those feels :heart:

@MoonlitMuse so sorry you missed your 5k and 10k! Your OH is so lucky to have you. He is going through a lot, but he has you to be there while he does. It is great news that he will start getting more help, though. You need to be able to share the supporting so that you can do things for you too. Those runs are for your mental health :heart:

One last quick message - @honeygldchelly I am concerned with you losing such a huge amount in a week. Are you OK? It sounds like you have been through some difficult things lately, and I hope you are able to take care of you. Let us know if there is any way we can support you.
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @cleaneater80 I am an avid Power Zone rider.. they make up the vast majority of my rides. I am in week 5 of a 6 week Power Zone Pack challenge as we speak. It's very good to have a program... I love the progress it helps to achieve.. nothing better than doing an FTP retest and seeing the improvement. We should be friends on Peloton! My username is the same there as it is here.

@ashleycarole86 is the challenge on the app the powerzone one or inelegant that someone made?
    I took the test last week but haven’t done any other classes since my steps don’t go up as much when I ride and I want to see my steps increase lol

• jugar
    Options
    My exercise for today @ashleycarole86

15,745 steps + 30 Pilates + 45 bike

Feels good!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 is the challenge on the app the powerzone one or inelegant that someone made?
    I took the test last week but haven’t done any other classes since my steps don’t go up as much when I ride and I want to see my steps increase lol

There are programs under Collections called Build Your Power Zones and Discover Your Power Zones and such.. those are right in the app and work great.

Power Zone Pack is an independent website you can join for free and they make online challenges and give you a schedule of Power Zone rides to do. I've done quite a few of them and like the intentional build they do for you. It works well!

I was going to ride tonight but I felt like garbage (TOM) so I'm setting my alarm for early since Brad is gone for business and I won't disrupt him.. wish me luck trying for morning!

(@jugar you step beast!! Plus other exercise.. I bow to you. Coming back with a vengeance)
  • alydanbeads
    alydanbeads Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 146.2
    CW: 144.6

Honestly was not expecting to be down at all today, so I'll take it!!
  • jugar
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 146.2
    CW: 144.6

Honestly was not expecting to be down at all today, so I'll take it!!

Well done! And you remind me to remind the Wednesday people that today is their day :smiley:
    @AshenMoon
    @Gidgitgoescrzy
    @DianaGetsFit512

Go go go! I am deep in horse transport issues and cannot wait to have the big schnozz of Jasper in my life. He'll be here by the 24th or so! I just changed my profile photo to share his silliness with everyone. Under orders from my sister!
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    CW: 219.4
  • jugar
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit I love the combination of cleaning/purging/moving with the most amazing cheeseburger. Sounds like balance to me!

I didn't kidnap any energetic kids today, so my steps were not up to yesterday's standards, but I squeaked by into my goal at least! It was nice just to potter around the various gardens getting things ready for the big planting time in a couple of weeks. And hanging out laundry! I really love it when that can happen. I'll post my step and exercise numbers after a spin on the exercise bike :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    OK @ashleycarole86 - some numbers for today:
    10,361 steps + 15 strength + 30 bike (slow moderate) I did some stretching too, but that doesn't add up to steps for sure! It felt good, though.

Update - Weigh-ins due through Thursday:
    @TessieMac833
    @graceojo999
    @cleaneater80
    @Natroushka
    @AshenMoon
    @Gidgitgoescrzy
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @39flavours
    @DD265
    @eggfreak

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    Love the new profile pic @jugar
    Weigh-in day tomorrow already?
    Dare I say it's my favorite day of the week?? LOL how sick is that? OK maybe not quite.. but I do look forward to it. The habit anchors me.
    See you in the morning. Sleep calls!
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @jugar - traveling again this week and need to be excused for weigh-in till Saturday please.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    CW: 95.8

I was in the office yesterday and although I didn't have the best food overall, I did get more steps in than normal from three individual (albeit short) walks. By the time I got home I had a headache, nausea and felt completely wiped out. Not feeling 100% this morning either, but I have a large piece of work to do today which is stressing me out and I'm hoping that completing this will take the edge off.

We went to the designer outlet last night where they have a Cadburys store, so I bought some Creme Eggs and Mini Eggs - it's after Easter and they'll be scarce soon! Today's challenge, given the way I'm feeling, is to not binge on them. I think I'd feel better if I got some exercise in too, but looking at the weather, that will be on the treadmill!

In more positive news, I got some seeds sown (at home, in a heated propagator) last night. Given how cold it has been until the last week or so, I think I will be buying most of my allotment plants again this year, but I really wanted to do something from seed. I've sown sunflowers, basil, thyme, tarragon, butternut squash, sweetcorn and cucamelons. I'm hoping for some decent weather this weekend so I can dig over some allotment beds (5 to do!) and get some much needed weeding done, plus some jobs in our garden at home. Being outside is like a tonic for my soul.
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    CW = 179.4

Sorry I was late

Yesterday wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible, I was commiserating ... My husband hurt his back, so we had to cancel our quick trip to the beach... But today will be another perfect day ! :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.