WeightNoMore Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 300 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hi all, very excited to be here and be on the team. I'm an almost 40 mom of two. My birthday is in 7 months and I would love to enter my forties in better shape than I have spent the past 2 years since baby #2 was born.

I have been tracking every day for almost 2 weeks now. I am trying to drink half my body weight in oz of water. I am trying to stop snacking on things, especially my kids leftover meals and snacks. Hoping for a good weigh in this week to help the team!
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Laurabb99
    Weigh-in Day: Monday
    PW: 212 lbs
    CW: 213.3 lbs

I will try to read everyone's post but first I'm going to try to get my workout in. 😁. And think of specific May goals. I'm so happy to be here!
  • dwalms
    dwalms Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Dwalms

May 02, 2023

Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 230lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 228.4bs
  • GarysGirl78
    GarysGirl78 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    kelliward1 wrote: »
    @GarysGirl78 I'm also working on getting to bed at a certain time. Mine is 11 pm. Also no scrolling on FB or anything like that while I'm in bed at bedtime. I can check to make sure my alarms are set and last minute looks at eBay, etc to see if I have any late night sales to pack up...but besides that I will get sucked into FB or something and then it's like 12:30, so none of that.

11:20 pm last night, that's really early for me o:)

@kelliward1 How did you do?
  • GarysGirl78
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I'm so sorry to be late with the Habit Tracker for May! Here it is - it is open for anyone to use.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10889840/habit-tracker-may-2023#latest

This is a simple and user-friendly way to track those small habits that add up to success. Go for it!

I'm in! I love spreadsheets B)
  • OllieAndEd2021
    OllieAndEd2021 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Steps for April 23-29

Sun - 11,447
    Mon - 9189
    Tues - 9656
    Wed - 9222
    Thurs - 13,393
    Fri - 9339
    Sat - 19,123

Total = 81,369
  • GarysGirl78
    Options
    Uhm.. Silly question? Where and when should I sign up for this weekly step challenge?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Uhm.. Silly question? Where and when should I sign up for this weekly step challenge?

Never a silly question! There's no official sign-up, all you have to do is post your daily steps (Sun - Sat works best) and Melanie ( @melaniedscott ) will take care of the rest. Results are posted every Wednesday, so get in your steps for the previous week before then and you're all set!

For Example: If you wanted to start with this week, make sure your steps (from Sunday, April 30th to Saturday, May 6th) are posted by Tuesday, May 9th.
  • kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    kelliward1

Weigh in day: Wednesday

HW: 289
    SW: 282.4
    PW: 244.8
    CW: 243.2
  • kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @GarysGirl78 Last night I was up until about 11 binge watching My 600 lb life....went to bed about that time, but ended up playing around on my phone and didn't go to sleep to almost midnight. I did sleep until 7 am so I still got around 7 hrs of sleep. Tomorrow I work so I have to wake up at 6, so really need to make sure that I go to bed ontime for my 7 hrs.
  • GarysGirl78
    Options
    :)

Never a silly question! There's no official sign-up, all you have to do is post your daily steps (Sun - Sat works best) and Melanie ( @melaniedscott ) will take care of the rest. Results are posted every Wednesday, so get in your steps for the previous week before then and you're all set!

For Example: If you wanted to start with this week, make sure your steps (from Sunday, April 30th to Saturday, May 6th) are posted by Tuesday, May 9th.

Oh perfect, thank you 😊 I will post them well before Tuesday
  • Kykybinford
    Kykybinford Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day : Monday
    PW:298.5
    CW:294.4

Feeling good moving a lot more this week. Is there an easy way to track down the group? I am new to premium/community on MFP so any advice is appreciated.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Feeling good moving a lot more this week. Is there an easy way to track down the group? I am new to premium/community on MFP so any advice is appreciated.

@Kykybinford -

My best advice would be to bookmark the group. You can do this by clicking on the little icon at the top of the page:

3ifw9ffrw4gk.png

Then you'll be able to get notifications whenever there are new posts in the group or if someone tags you in a post:

clms9atdco2b.png

• ssssseika
    ssssseika Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Username: ssssseika
    Weigh-in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 158.0
    CW: 156.7
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    :)

Oh perfect, thank you 😊 I will post them well before Tuesday

We are happy to have you (and anyone else) join our walking team.

Speaking of the walk team, I'll hold off until tomorrow to post--I think we're still missing one.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,315 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    ~ Final Step Challenge Results ~
    APRIL WEEK FOUR
    Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 7 (unchanged from last week!)
    Total Steps: 443,806 (+12.4% from last week)
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 63,400
    Total April Steps: 1,713,432
    The Leaderboard -

@JacquelineRochelle 82,150 total | 11,736 average
    @OllieandEd2021 - 81,369 total | 11,624 average - Most Steps in One Day!!!
    @9Harvey - 74,700 total | 10,671 average
    @ljdanny - 63,666 total | 9,095 average
    @tadoore 60,572 - total | 8,653 average - Most Consistent!!!
    @BodyTalking - 81,349 total | 11,621 average
    @melaniedscott - 23,443 total | 3,349 average

Okay, I lied. I found the missing step post and am posting now. All of our bolded steppers set a goal and met it, based on their average steps per day!

Nearly everyone's steps increased last week for a really strong finish! And a big shout-out to @BodyTalking, who nearly doubled their steps between the third and fourth weeks! Outstanding!! Or walking...

We were half a week's steps away from 2 million in April...can we outstep ourselves? I'm certainly going to try!

Nice walking!! Keep it up!
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    One thing that I can do is pre-track my dinners because those are the hardest meals for me to track. May goals are consistency with tracking and weight resistance 3x a week and walking.
This discussion has been closed.