Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 25 of 52

PW: 137.4
    CW: 138.2

26 weeks and counting. Woohoo 6 months. I'm slowly gaining weight we have lots of ripe fruit, apricots, plums, and nectarines. Hopefully I can stay under 140. There is yardwork to be done, I need to get out there and burn off some fruit. The wind has been blowing and broke some branches off of the apricot tree, it has too much fruit this year. I'll go back and catch up on the posts when I get some free time. I loved the "I tried starting a day without coffee. My court date is pending." post.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @trooworld - My take away from the 4th of July challenge is that I often eat because I feel like eating and not because I'm hungry. It's good for me to check in with myself before I actually eat. I have not perfected this skill. And the scale is going no where. But learning new skills is a good thing. I hope you are feeling better today. My hubs gets vertigo sometimes and it is not fun at all.

@Katmary71 - that's exactly what I was going to say- "is that person really a FRIEND?" Nope.

I have not been doing great at working my plan this week. I've noticed that after a gain, it's harder to be motivated and then not losing becomes a self fulfilling prophecy- if that makes any sense.
  • Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @Cornanda, I know what you mean by lack of motivation. Last time I was here the weight wasn't coming off: I started to lose momentum, then began to gain. After I deleted my account I gained all the weight back. I suppose you just need to make peace with the fact losing weight will always be a battle. The world is filled with so much chaos. If you compare that to the weight loss battle the extra fat seems not so horrible.

For me, when I get too discouraged I take a break. When I come back I feel ready to tackle the battle again.

Find out what you need to do to recharge.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 You going to the lake on the weekends brings back memories of my family and me going to "the lake" when I was growing up. Thanks for the memories, I hope you have a blast!

@Katmary71 I am feeling marginally better today. :( I didn't go to work yesterday after all, I just was too unstable, and I likely won't go today either. I'm sorry you had a tough night. That's awful that your friend shamed/made fun of you, I'm so sorry that happened.

@ddainiak Congrats on the loss!

@Cornanda That's a good takeaway. You are working on it, that's great. Not feeling much better but oh well. Yes, it is not fun. What you say makes sense. I feel that way too, after a gain.

Hi all. Well, I didn't end up going to work yesterday: I was too unstable to drive an hour away so I worked from home. I will likely work from home today as well as I don't feel that much better. I've done the Epley maneuver which is supposed to help with vertigo but it isn't helping yet, I will keep doing it as sometimes it takes a few times.

4th of July challenge: Tracked 100% of what I ate yesterday.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Good Morning folks!
    Welcome @fourtherecord @mareeya88 @laltt

CONGRATULATIONS @vegan4lyfe2012 @megnolia82 @tfelts147 awesome job this week!

@Katmary71 My cucumbers have seriously taken over my garden 2vd4zwhk2lwt.jpg
    be1c1th9p8aw.jpg
    Not complaining!
    Finally seeing cantaloupe trying to do something (getting excited). Still waiting on watermelon to produce something.
    Sorry your spine treatment did not help, but made it worse. Hope you get to doing better.

@trooworld sounds like a wonderful time in LA. Love your pics. I think this is the first time I am seeing a pic of you. Finally able to put a face to your name.
    We took a drive the other day and ended up in a little town called a Crockett had some interesting history pbzlf8dlw94n.jpg
    jwbvx70l8bgo.jpg
    a0wa44gb86c2.jpg
    I'm sorry your day did not go your way. I hope you are doing better.

@AmbersWay I used to love the heat! The outer the better. If anyone would tell me that I will dislike the heat when I hit this age I would laugh at they and say never. BOY WAS I WRONG! 😂🤣😂 Joke on me.
    I really hope that your son gets over whatever is running through your home.

@mkksemail Love those high step days! Sound like an great trip .

@shaunair83 Congrats on your loss!

@sleepygirl79 Everyone has those times through their journey when staying on take is hard. Just take it one day at a time.

@FushiaKat Awesome job on staying in goal range!

@ddainiak great job on keeping that scale moving down.

Well today will be morning outdoors with Diesel and work in my garden. They I will do some peddling around the house. I hope everyone has a great day!

GO OUT AND BE AMAZING TODAY!
  • DJill68
    DJill68 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sorry I’m late with my weigh in. I seem to have lost my MoJo. Maybe July will be better.

DJill68

Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 219.6

CW: 219.6

• mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Slims! 🙋‍♀️👏✌️

Made goal yesterday 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️. And I've started a daily squats routine - 25/day - last week, for a MFP 3-day challenge (Hogwart's). Decided to keep it going. Today will be 7 days 🦵.

It's still disgusting here 😝. Local tv station headline today for the weather report was "MOTS - More Of The Same". 😱🤪😤🤣

I'm almost but not quite caught up on my bookmarked posts. I'll catch all the way up today 🤗

Cheers!
    - mk (Maine)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat Congratulations on 6 months! I love all the delicious fruit right now, I’m having trouble fitting it all in too!
    @Cornanda I do understand the loss of motivation after a gain, it’s hard not to comfort eat because your weight is going lower but then it REALLY won’t go lower.

@Brigit02 I think you said something important about weight control being ongoing, you aren’t magically at goal then it’s over or you won’t stay there long. I’m so glad you came back.

@trooworld If you have to stay home and recover it’s understandable, hang in there. Here’s for anyone else who’s curious what the Epley maneuver is as I was,I hope it helps!: https://youtu.be/9SLm76jQg3g

@txcritter69 WOW those are awesome, I love it! I have vertical vine envy! I’m definitely going to have to do that next year, I think this year they’re just going to be along the ground unless I get creative with a bunch of sticks but trellises would be easier. Crockett looks like a lot of fun!

@DJill68 Only a week left until the 4th, end this month strong you got this! Even if the rest of the month wasn’t the best it feels good to have at least one good day going into the next month.

@mkksemail Congratulations on making goal!

Hi team! Not too exciting of a day, got a prescription, worked out, and cleaned out the shed. Have some work to do and cleaning but I’m kind of out of steam. My ex-boyfriend does have kidney cancer in the earlier stages, he has some testing then a treatment plan will be discussed next week.
    - Good body mechanics while cleaning the shed, made a conscious effort there.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all,

Welcome all new people.

Well, I have been making good progress. Tomorrow is my weigh in and I'm excited to see where I am at. I have really been putting in the effort and I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. I'm already starting to notice a slight difference in my face and my clothes. I'm still trying to just stay busy and keep busy.

Today, I had a bit of a setback, my bunion starting hurting so bad that I was walking on the side of my foot. Right now, I'm in bed for the night, so I'll be staying off of my foot for the rest of the night. Before I lay down to go to sleep I'll put some more Voltaren on it.

That's all I have for tonight, y'all have a great evening.

• trooworld
    Options
    @txcritter69 Wow, those cucumbers! And lucky you, I bet homegrown cantaloupe is wonderful. I had such a great time in LA. Yeah, I don't put my face out there much on here but every once in a while. :D What a cool place to explore. And great pics, you look like you are having a good time!

@DJill68 You've got this, hang in there.

@mkksemail Great job! I hope the weather gets better where you are soon.

@Katmary71 Thanks! Oh thanks for posting the video of the Epley maneuver. I'm sure people were like, "What the heck is that?" lol Take it easy if you can today. I'm sorry about Bill's health.

@DrewsAnna Yay for your efforts and progress! Does the Voltaren help? I have a bunion, too. I'm going to the podiatrist about it next week.

Hi all. I am feeling a little better this morning. No meds yet and I am able to walk without holding onto the walls lol. The weather is warming up here in Southern California, and finally some sunshine after about a month or two of gray skies. The news said we are supposed to have a heatwave but weather.com says it will be in the 70s.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    If I could pass a salutation to you...... elevation
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna There’s my girl! So glad you’re seeing a difference and doing well. Oh no hope that bunion calms down, Volteran the heck out of it! Well not too much or you’ll get bruises, you know what I mean. Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow!

@trooworld I thought I knew a lot about health but hadn’t heard of that one, very interesting! So glad you’re feeling a little better. Yes it’s definitely warming up, the cooler weather meant I got some early peppers for a change.

@tfelts147 Yep still heading the right way! Have a wonderful vacation, sounds like the perfect place to do a lot of walking!

@Brigit02 Look at all those beautiful flowers! Your garden is so pretty, I’m just starting to learn more about flowers, there’s definitely a good difference in pollination with them in with veggies but I’m enjoying having them in the house too and sharing with people.

Hi everyone, on a little later than usual. We decided to wait on the greenhouse for next week since it’s getting real warm but the food bank farm manager let me know the most of the herbs I started last week sprouted. Aside of that it was workout, work, cleaning, getting Papa Murphy pizzas for my nephews and Dad for tomorrow when they help me with the drip system, then out to dinner with my neighbor. Finally have a nearby not-too-expensive Chinese food place to go to! Have a great Friday team, this week flew!

-good body mechanics
    - great water (upping it), chair cardio, weight/strength for legs and abs, stretching then probably right at calories after Chinese food. I have a few challenging meals coming up so I’m trying to be as careful as possible while still enjoying it as I don’t want to lose any progress.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Thursday
    PW 159.5
    CW 156.9

@trooworld I take Tylenol arthritis and rub Voltaren on and all around. I use the Voltaren 2 or 3 times a day when the bunion acts up. It helps me a lot.

I pruned my palm tree today and one of the thorns went right up under my thumb nail. That hurt so fricken bad. I also managed to get poked really good in the knuckle of my right ring finger. Now, it hurts to bend, grrr.. the palm tree got the best of me. Lol....

A pretty good weigh in and this is the 2nd week in a row I had a loss. Whoo hoo, this girl is doing a happy 💃 😃😎

Y'all have a good evening.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 240
    CW: 240
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 173.7
    CW: 173.5
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @Brigit02 - thanks for what you said- you gave me something to think about. Love seeing your garden pix.

@trooworld - how are you doing today? Vertigo sucks.

@katmary71- I'm sorry about Bill. Look at you getting back into exercising in spite of your bad back.

@txcritter69 - your garden is lovely and your day out looked fun.

@tfelts147 - You've had some nice losses lately- Congrats! Enjoy your vacation!

@19shmoo69 - your joke is too brainiac for me. :(

@DrewsAnna - Nice loss! Ouch- I hope your hand feels better today.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    Options
    @tfelts147 Congrats on the loss! Have a nice vacation.

@Brigit02 Thanks, me too! Thanks for posting pic of your flowers, they look so beautiful. It did brighten my day!

@19shmoo69 How's the coffee this morning?

@Katmary71 Me too lol. I bet those peppers are amazing. I love Chinese food. We don't really have that good of Chinese food down here where I live but there are a few decent places. Good job with your body mechanics, water, and chair cardio!

@DrewsAnna Congrats on the loss! I have some Voltaren, I will try it thanks. Ouch about your thumb nail, I can feel that my gosh.

@Cornanda I was doing better but in the middle of the night, I turned the wrong way and kind of regressed a little. I hope to feel better today. Thanks for asking. How are you feeling about your weigh-in? At least you are going in the right direction.

Hi all. We are coming up on the end of the 4th of July challenge, how are you feeling about your efforts? I am feeling great, I've tracked almost every day! I wish it had a better effect on my weigh-ins. I am down this week but up for the month. :(

This discussion has been closed.