Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    OMG @katmary71- everyone please google cucamelon and look how cute they are!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Congrats to the whole team for getting 2nd place by percentage and pounds lost! A special shout-out goes to @shaunarlr83 for leading the way with that 5.6 lb loss! Additional shoutouts to @DebJB30 and tfelts147 for getting on the leaderboard! Woo hoo team!

@txcritter69 Your garden is looking awesome!

@mkksemail Thank you for this. Our students had the day off but staff did not, we could use one of our floating holidays for it but I think we should get it off. Sounds like you had a great, fun day!

@Katmary71 Yeah I went to urgent care on Saturday but they couldn't figure it out. I hope the doc can. Thanks. I hope you take it easy today. Hugs.

@Cornanda Oh those are so cute! I want to eat some. :D

Hi all. Still have stomach pains. Yesterday, my INTENTION was to go for a walk on my lunch but work was a sh1t show and I did a lot of physical work moving things around so I didn't go for a walk. Today is likely going to be the same way, so no walk. :(

4th of July challenge: tracked 100% of what I ate

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    LOVE the gardening pix!!

Ok, def going to Google cucamelon next! 😅

troo ... Hoping you feel better soon ❤️‍🩹. Having stomach pains for an extended period is not nothing 😬. So frustrating they can't DX the issue 😟
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Love !!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 25 of 52

PW: 137.0
    CW: 137.4

25 weeks and counting. I had a rough week last week but with so many people keeping an eye on me I don't want to let anybody down. I chat with my shrink next week and I wanted to report that I'm still doing well and staying under 140. I had a mammogram today, expecting good results since it's just a checkup. I eat my radishes sliced and I dip them in salsa sometimes. I got a new jar of pickles ate the market on Monday. I have been craving extra nuts, and yesterday I reached for my go to foods instead. I love this flavor and can eat the entire bag at a go.
    3u1l4kxi37x8.jpg

I love the Gardening pictures. Thank you for sharing.

Congratulations to the team members @shaunarlr83 @DebJB30 @tfelts147 who are on the leaderboard, well done.

@Katmary71 I love your garden, I'm wishing you all the best with your health issues. Did you get hooked up with a neurosurgeon?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,627 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda LOL it IS super cute, it’s my first time growing it, I hope it does well.

@trooworld With not feeling good it makes sense not to walk, hang in there.

@ddainiak LOL he IS super cute, the videos of critters standing in front of cameras eating people’s produce in the garden are the best though it’s annoying when it’s your yard. My zucchini has had aphids before the flowers could bloom and I saw a squash bug AND a grasshopper on my summer squash earlier. My garden got way bigger with COVID too plus I stupidly let an annoying ex-boyfriend move in during that time and the garden was my escape from him. I love all your grow bags, that’s what I’m using too but have them crammed together and not all pretty like yours! Is that corn on the far right top? Everything looks amazing!

@mkksemail You’ll see why I couldn’t resist throwing in a cucumelon, hope it tastes good too! They were all stuck together at the nursery, I almost gave up on untangling it! Hope the tummy clears up.

@Brigit02 Very beautiful garden, I love all the flowers! What are the yellow ones? I’m just starting to get into flowers, they’re fun and the pollinators really love them in with all my veggies.

@FushiaKat Those nuts look amazing, yum! Good luck with your appointments. I’m still waiting on the neurosurgeon, things with the pain clinic are frustrating as they lost a few practicioners so everything is haphazard, I’ll make sure to run it by the pain doctor later this week. Thank you for your support, always wishing the best for you too.

Hi friends! I kept taking naps today, been one of those days. I’ve noticed even if I keep a greenhouse or farm day short if they’re two days in a row I’m wiped out for days afterward so I didn’t go today. I lagged on getting the charity stuff done so I’ll be doing it tomorrow. Did a good workout and fish emulsioned the garden and dried some herbs. I have Walmart pickup in an hour so I’m headed back outside. I trim the flowers off tomatoes and peppers when I plant them so more effort goes into the plant and it looks like a sungold will be the first tomato (we’re harvesting them already at the farm) and there’s a Johnny Nardello vs jalapeno vs Hungarian wax for first pepper. Rattlesnake beans are the first beans so far. Have a great Wednesday! I’m having my neighbor over for dinner tomorrow night to finally make the baked feta pasta, I’m expecting it to be extra amazing now that two nights of planning to make it fell through!

- Not too hot with body mechanics today but I DID order a smaller jug of cat litter instead of hauling the cheaper 32lb or 40lb pail around the house. That’s one of the things that went through my head when the last PA asked what I’d been doing to herniate discs! Aside of the PT I learned last year the cat litter and potting mix are the worst two things and the latter I always use the hand truck, I did go down on that too though the higher price bugs me!
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Username: ddainiak
    Weigh-in Day: Wednesday
    Starting weight on MFP: 227
    Starting weight this challenge: 194.2
    PW: 191.6
    CW: 190.4
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 He isn't our groundhog, just a GIF I found. But ours is just as cute. Yes, the last pot is corn. We were successful growing last year, although they were really small. We had leftover seeds so planted again.
  • Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @Katmary71 The yellow ones in front are Cosmos and the yellow/orange ones behind them are daylily's. I divide the daylily's yearly and in the fall collect some of the seeds from the cosmos and plant them the following year. (I only collect some because the birds like to eat them and it's fun to watch.)

I'm also growing herbs which are doing good. I haven't had too much success with vegetables.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Good Morning folks!

@shaunair83 you are doing great. You are right, no since in stress over anything if what you are doing is working.

@trooworld I hope you get to feeling better soon

@ddainiak I started this yr with the mini to see if I could do it. I love it. Your garden looks awesome. I am sorry that you peas and cucumbers were enjoyed by critters and not you. I worry about the deer getting in to my plants. So far I have been blessed.

@Katmary71 I use to take my stuff to goodwill but have recently been looking into local organizations that help the homeless and less fortunate. I feel if I am giving it away them it should be free for the person in need. Goodwill really does nothing for the community. The vertical vines are my pickle cucumbers. Next to it are my cantaloupes, beside that is watermelon vines with sweet peppers in between. I have been debating if I should transplant peppers to pots so watermelon has more room, but afraid I might kill the plants.

This mini garden has been a learning experience for me. This fall I am building my garden area. I have decided to go bigger. This is the pic I am use for my idea except I am going to use pallets for the fence and have wire fence around the top to keep the deer out.469l1he7a1r5.jpeg
    1atr10ybx9zr.jpeg

Got to go for now. Have to get the outside work done before it gets to hot. Will check back later.

This discussion has been closed.