Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,131 Member
edited July 2023 in Social Groups
ru07ck3u0xdu.png
Here is your Team chat room for July 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @JaysFan82
Mission Slimpossible - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods & @cleaneater80
Shape Shifters - @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The July challenge runs for 4 weeks, from July 2 - 29. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm currently on maintenance, sort of... I've lost a bit of weight and I actually need to gain about 6 pounds in order to get back up into my goal range of 127-133 (center weight 130). I had 2 bouts of illness in the spring that started the unintentional weight loss. Then my partner was diagnosed with diabetes and I basically started eating within the same restrictions that he was given - and we both lost weight. So I'm currently at 122, definitely too thin, so don't be surprised to see me intentionally regaining weight in July.

A little about me: I started my weight loss journey in 2001 at 220 pounds. I reached my goal weight of 130 several times, and then I would regain 40-50 pounds and battle my way back down again. My weight yo-yo range got smaller as the years went by...between 2016 and 2019 I was keeping my weight within 10 pounds of my goal. Finally in 2019 I figured out the maintenance. Basically it's exactly the same as when I was losing - track everything, keep the macros balanced, and weigh myself daily. Drive with both hands on the wheel at all times. Apart from the recent unintentional weight loss, I've been maintaining 127-133 since April 2019.

I'm 67 and semi-retired. I work 3 days a week as a bookkeeper in a plastics factory. In my free time, I love to go bicycling, hiking, bird watching and walking. My indoor hobbies are reading, crocheting, knitting, and drawing. I also play guitar.

I have no love for strength training, but I know I need to do it. I've been doing at least SOME strength training every day, no matter what. I started by doing a set of squats as soon as I got up every morning, and that was my minimum. Now I'm doing at least 3 sets of squats as soon as I get up...and that's my new minimum. Then I put on my workout clothes and do a proper workout. But if I don't have the time or if I don't feel well enough, then at least I've done those 3 sets of squats. No zero days, right?

My cardio workouts are usually the bicycle, weather permitting. Otherwise it's the stationary bike or the elliptical (equipment that I have at home). And I always walk daily. I have a goal of 6 miles/day, with my long term goal to walk 2023 miles in 2023. The half-way point for would be 1012 miles, but I'm only at 942 so I'm about 70 miles behind for the year, because of the weeks that I was sick (covid in March, and RSV in May). But I think I can catch up and still make the goal.

I posted my weekly weigh in on the June Chat, but here it is again as my starting report for July:
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 122.0
    CW (Current Weight): 122.0

-Mica
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I’m Meg, 41 mom of 2 and married 17 years today :) Canada Day anniversary right here!

Yes, I’m also a Canadian. I’m a teacher and we wrapped up the year yesterday so this is the official first day of vacation. I have some major house cleaning goals this summer to be honest. I was very sick this past winter and I spent Christmas break and March break in bed basically, so I have a lot of deep cleaning to catch up on ;)

My weight has crept up over the years through children, stress, injury, poor habits and then covid and lockdown. My goal is to lose about 70 pounds overall but I’ve decided to break it into smaller chunks because I have really struggled to get myself on the wagon. Overall I’m down about 11 pounds from my top weight.

I look forward to July as a chance to rest and continue healing and find some balance in my home without always feeling overwhelmed by what needs to be done.

Have an amazing month! I look forward to meeting and chatting with all of you!
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    HAPPY JULY!

Re-intro
    I'm Sandy from Copperas Cove, Tx. Retired Correctional Officer of 21 yrs. I will be 54 in October. I'm married to a wonderful man fro 27 yrs. We have to 2 children my daughter who is turning 36 tomorrow and my son who will be 34 in August. They have both blessed us with our 5 grandsons.
    I have always battled with my weight. I get so frustrated with the fact that I can't stay on track. My train seems to always derail.
    I had a heart attack and quit smoking 10 yrs ago. Gained over 50 lbs and I am struggling to get it off most likely do to menopause.
    I have my moments were I want to give up, but I choose to keep trying in the end. I have to see my cardiologist the end of August and I would love for him to see some changes in my health.

My July goal is to:
    Try logging most of my food daily (something is better then nothing).
    More veggies in my diet.
    Walk Diesel daily
    Do some form of strength training 3x a week.

I really want this to be the month that I make some changes!
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 🎉🥂HAPPY ANNIVERSARY🥂 🎉
  • Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe it's already July! I feel it was just yesterday I was taking down my Christmas decorations. Welcome all new members and a big thank you to all of those who have helped me on my weight loss journey. I'm a stay-at-home wife married to a wonderful man and mother to one dragon B) (rescue dog with serious anxiety/trust issues.) It took two years to teach her not to bite us. She's good with us and my mom but will still bite my brother and any strangers.

I'm trying to get back into shape and it's been a struggle. I've been with Mission Slimpossibles twice before. The first month I usually lose weight then the next I stagnate and get discouraged. If this group wasn't so comforting and positive I'd probably would have already thrown in the towel. I hope to lose at least four more pounds but more would be great. Love gardening and will post pictures from time to time.

Hugs to everyone!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    The July Week 1 Group Challenge is active and ready to begin on Sunday, July 2nd. Join us for the Beat the Heat Challenge, set your goals and participate in lively discussions and activity based upon your goal every day during the week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10893914/july-week-1-group-challenge-beat-the-heat#latest

Another great opportunity to meet others from all 5 Fat2Fit Teams and start July off right with an active fitness week! Hope to see you there!

Jessica :blush:
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with @broncobuddee. Our wonderful motivator is @Katmary71!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

CHANGES TO YOUR WEIGH-IN DAY/WEIGHTS
    If you have any changes to your weigh-in day or reported weights, be sure to tag @BroncoBuddee who handles all of that stuff. He also handles moving people to cheerleader status/or other status changes.

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband, cute one-eyed pirate pug named Daisy (7 yrs old) and pug pup name Violet who just turned 1. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. I use the Healthi app to track “bites”, it’s a lot like tracking points in WW. My food plan (they have 6 plans, mine is Conquer Cravings) focuses on calories but fat drives the “bites” up and fiber drives the “bites” down. I love it.

I have about 65 lbs to lose. For exercise, I mostly walk and talk with friends, as well as walk my dogs. We have a Tonal home gym but my husband uses it a lot more than I do. My hobbies: reading, making artwork, photography, tent camping (although we haven’t went in a few years), and cooking.

Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!

SATURDAY CHECK-IN:
    @txcritter69 I saw that TX has been super hot lately. Wow, I don't know how you all do it! I'm glad it's a little cooler now. That's nice to do a special party for your daughter's birthday. A pool party sounds fun. Being down only 5 lbs is better than being up 5 lbs! Sounds like July will be a good month for you.

@DJill68 Congrats on the loss!

@micaroo4 That's fabulous, what great results for the challenge!

@AmbersWay Great advice. I'm glad your son is feeling better. That smoothie looks fabulous!

@megnolia82 Happy anniversary!

Hi all. Not much going on today. I have to get groceries, we have a dog training session, and then I have to install a new modem and router and somehow organize the cords so they don't drive me nuts lol. Have a good day and HAPPY CANADA DAY to you Canadians in the group!

4th of July challenge: Tracked 100% of what I ate yesterday.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    8lmtm11p1vtt.png

We have something going on called NO ZERO DAYS 2023! What is No Zero Days? There are 4 simple ideas behind this:

There are no more zero days. A zero day is when you don’t do anything towards your goals. But that doesn’t mean you have to go full-throttle on your goals each day, no, just do something small if you have to, do a single push-up, walk to the mailbox, drink one less soda…anything not to report a zero day. Do one thing to make your life better each day.

Be grateful to the 3 YOUs: the past you, the present you, and the future you! Be GRATEFUL to the past you for the positive things you’ve done. Did you do that push-up yesterday? THANK YOU YOUNGER ME. Second part of the 3 me’s is you gotta do your future self a favor, just like you would for your best friend. Tired and can’t get off reddit/videogames/interwebs? This one’s for future me, i’m gonna rock out p90x Ab Ripper X for 17 minutes. I’m doing this one for future me. Alarm clock goes off and bed is too comfy? This one’s for my best friend, the future me. I’m up and going for a 5 km run (or 25 meter run, it’s gotta be non zero). MAKE SURE YOU THANK YOUR OLD SELF for rocking out at the end of every.single.thing. that makes your life better. The cycle of doing something for someone else (future you) and thanking someone for the good in your life (past you) is key to building gratitude and productivity.

FORGIVE YOURSELF. Tried your best to have a nonzero day yesterday and it failed? so what. I forgive you previous self. I forgive you. But today? Today is a nonzero masterpiece to the best of my ability for future self.

Exercise and books: exercise is self-explanatory but the books, read a self-improvement book…reading gets you to the next level!

Here’s more detailed information and where I got the above info:
    https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    f9obmt2wr6mn.jpg
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 🎉🥂HAPPY ANNIVERSARY🥂 🎉

Thank you! And thank you @trooworld and thanks for the Canada Day wishes to you and @micaroo4 !

Hubby is working all day but hopefully he gets home in time for an evening show of Indiana Jones 5 with the kids :) he is a farmer so this time of year we don’t get out much lol.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    Hi Mission Slimpossibles! I'm Kathy and I'm our team motivator, @trooworld and @broncobuddee are our awesome inspiring captains. I'm 51 and live in the Sacramento area in CA with my two cats Jasper and Asher. I joined this group about 4.5 years ago and you all have been stuck with me ever since! I started out at 222 and am around 150-155 right now, little over my goal weight but I'm working on getting it back down. I gained a lot of weight when I quit smoking for a double back fusion 15 years ago and have had pretty severe chronic pain issues most of my life. Being diagnosed with diabetes and liver issues I realized I needed to get it together or I probably wouldn't make another year and it actually stuck for a change mostly because of MFP.

I eat mostly whole foods lower carb then do chair cardio, strength training, stretching, then garden in my yard and at the food bank farm. I do part-time work easiest to describe as filing claims and also volunteer with a local charity I'm secretary of and am secretary of my neighborhood HOA. I'm happiest gardening, with my nose in a book, trying new recipes, or listening to music...speaking of I'm looking for my next concert as a reward for the weight I'm going to lose by my birthday!

Let's have an amazing July, just a few days left of the July challenge!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna Oh no that sounds awful, I hope your hand recovers fast! Congrats on the loss!
    @trooworld Boy sounds like you need to visit me for Chinese food! I’ve done pretty good with body mechanics, think I would’ve gone back to being lazy about it if it wasn’t my goal to squat. You’ve done awesome tracking! Good luck with the cords, I have piles of them all over the place!

@txcritter69 Hey 5lbs is awesome, don’t beat yourself up! Reminds me of the saying that the time will pass anyway you may as well accomplish something with the time. What kind of workouts are you going to do? Oh I hope you have a great cardiology appt in August!

@micaroo4 Yay great job on upping the strength training, you’ve done awesome with the challenge! Can you see a difference in strength with your strength workouts yet? That’s one nice thing about strength training is you can usually see a improvements fast at least that’s how it’s been for me.

@mkksemail I’m curious what your favorite apps will be, I use Notepad free for notes and organizing things I need say from Costco then Out of Milk for groceries. I was invited to a group on Slack with the farm but we never use it.

@AmbersWay I’m so glad your son is doing better, what a gorgeous smoothie!

@megnolia82 Happy Canada Day to you and our other Canadian friends! Sounds like you’re going to have an awesome July, balance is a hard one! If you see the new Indiana Jones report back on how you like it, I want to see it too.

@Brigit02 Always love seeing gardening pictures, it’s fun seeing what everyone else is doing in their yards. Is there anything you can think of to help this month? No throwing in the towel, if there’s something we can do to support you let us know! I think this month has to be even more awesome than last month so that statement about the second month not going well is no longer valid. Hugs back atcha!

Happy July and Happy Canada Day! It's 108 today and my yard is definitely not happy. Spent the morning at the food bank farm harvesting, it will be interesting to see how the week goes with this heat and the food bank closed for the week. I brought home cucumber seedlings as we're not expecting the seedlings at the farm waiting to be planted to make it so I'll baby these ones until the heat wave passes and bring them back. Not much else going on, had work to do last night and family was here earlier helping with some things in the yard I can't do. Tomorrow's our late Father's Day celebration and we're going for BBQ food.

Let's have an amazing July! Body mechanics are good and I've done well staying under calories despite eating out a lot lately. Feeling back in the groove finally.

@askewcr Happy July to you!
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 216.8
    CW 215.4

On my second last night shift. Thank goodness! So this is my morning lol. Hope u all had a good Canada Day for all who are Canadian like me.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Lisa

-been in this group for several years now- love the positivity and support it provides
    -struggled with weight most of my life
    -married a long time
    -two young adult kids living here
    -1 doggo- Gus
    -live in FL

Current situation is that I have about 25 pounds to lose and I feel like I've been spinning my wheels for a year. I'm totally fine if the weight comes off slowly. However, now I've gained about 6 pounds back from my lowest low and can't get going in the right direction again. I'm working on it and may have to switch some things up.

@trooworld - didn't feel great about my weigh in, but not too discouraged.

Interested in hearing where things land with the To Do type apps. I've tried some things in the past, but find that I need paper in front of my face to keep me on track. I wind up with too many pieces of paper though. :)

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 276
    C. W. 276

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    I always say good morning regardless of the time of day.
    I'm Darren but you can call me whatever you want but just don't call me late for coffee.
    I live in the southern part of the USA.
    I think I'm the only one here that's not a pet person.
    I've been battling weight loss all of my long life. My heaviest was over 312. In the loss I was able to get down to 229 but here I am back up to 276.
    I'll stop for now. My mind is heading down the road if negativity.
  • fourtherecord
    fourtherecord Posts: 103 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Happy July everyone!

@broncobuddee I put my weigh in day as Saturday, but gave my weight on Sunday last week so I will change to Sunday for this challenge.
    PW: 175.2
    CW: 173.2

My name is Emma, I have seen this group around for a while and wanted to join but kept missing the start dates.
    I am a mum of 2 disabled boys. I was working as a science teacher but had to quit to care for family members (mum and sister) with cancer.
    Last year I got halfway to my goal weight losing 30lb. I then struggled and have since gained some back, so I'm really trying to get back on track, especially as I have been told I am pre diabetic.

I have seen the task this week. I am in the UK and it is not especially hot at the moment, there is rain forecast everyday for the next 2 weeks! My exercise at the moment is a lot of walking, and yoga to help with my hEDS.

I haven't seen the no zero days thing before but it looks really interesting, I will definitely have to some reading up on that.
  • tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    fji1tnvj0yid.jpg

Getting my morning walk in on vacation!!
This discussion has been closed.