Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 216.6

CW: 215.6

• mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    DJill68 wrote: »
    v2aqsr49qdsh.jpeg
    Baby quilt done for baby shower. This was fun.

Beeeaaauuutiful !!!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,083 Member
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 122.0
    CW (Current Weight): 121.6

-Mica
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 I love your house and your garden! Have a great day!

@micaroo4 Sounds like you had a nice day off. That is interesting about the survival stuff. I guess it's good to be prepared! :D At work, they are always having drills for emergencies and we have backpacks with emergency supplies at our desks. Have a great day off today.

@Brigit02 Sorry your knees have been bothering you, too. Thanks for the video, I've never watched her before. I will check it out!

@19shmoo69 Thank you! How are you doing?

@tfelts147 Congrats on the loss! Even on vacation, you had a loss, woo hoo!

@mkksemail I'm familiar with how to do squats the proper way, I've had personal trainers and my husband has corrected my form when I don't do them properly lol. Thanks. Congrats on reaching 2 weeks! I used to do Tai Chi at work, we had an instructor that came in. I loved it. I found the Dr. Lam intro video thanks for the tip. I didn't see one that was 1 1/2 hours, just 49 mins. But maybe I didn't look far enough, I'll look again.

@DJill68 Congrats on the loss! Wow, what a beautiful and unique baby quilt. I love it and they will too!

@Katmary71 I do love the recipe builder on MFP. I liked the import a recipe feature that is now premium-only. Healthi comes in two plans: premium ($39 a year, I think) and free. The free is pretty good but with the paid, you can track some of your macros and you have more plan choices. Thanks for the offer of arm cardio videos, I'll let you know if I decide to do them! I'm glad you are taking it easy. I hope you get some helpers at the farm. How did the zucchini boats come out?

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I did not track yesterday, I think I was just so disheartened by my gain. I don't have a lot planned today so I may try to do a YouTube exercise video as long as my knees hold out. Have a great day!

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - what? MFP made import a recipe premium only? Grrrrrrr
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 173.5
    CW: 174.1

+0.6

WRONG DIRECTION! :(
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Congratulations to all those who made the leaderboard and those of us hanging in here! 🎉

I’m here but just really busy. I’m trying to be outdoors with the kids daily. So we have picnics with friends, swimming and a fitness class for my youngest. My husband is sick with a stomach bug today and he’s miserable. It’s been like every 2 weeks one of us has gotten it. Weird but hopefully this is it.

I didn’t realize I was in the green for a month. How exciting!

I’m going to go back and read posts now.

I missed a bunch. Like 32 😩
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,083 Member
    Options
    askewcr wrote: »
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day
    : Saturday
    PW: 256.5
    CW: 256.5

No change but I feel good about me! B)

No Zero Days: I got up and swept/mopped my kitchen, foyer, and all three bathrooms last night at 9:30. It feels good to have that done this morning. It's going to be a great day no matter what comes my way. The present me knows that. I also went to water aerobics Thursday when they opened back up. That type of exercise is a win, win for me because of these knees. If I want it, I've got to "WORK FOR IT!"
    That's what our instructor continues to have us chant. She also says if you work for it, you'll keep it longer. This is good for me!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Let's go get it! B
    ) B)

@askewcr - Way to go with a great attitude!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,151 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all:
    Getting ready to head out and run some errands, but wanted to drop a little teaser before I leave. Got my creative juices flowing this week and I have a very exciting CONTEST for the July Week 2 Group Challenge.

I'll pop in once I get everything all set up and am ready to open the chat thread, but I hope you'll start talking to your friends and encourage everyone to join us for it...there's a prize and it will be a lot of discussion, competition and fun this next week. It's gonna be GREAT!

Watch for the announcement late this afternoon!

Jessica :smiley:
  • mkksemail
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @trooworld , apologies! You found the one I meant. I mixed up a 1hr 22 min Dr Paul Lam vid that I did not watch, and the 49 min Dr Paul Lam vid that I did watch, in my mind, and came up with a 1 hr 49 min Dr Paul Lam vid that does not exist 🤪.

@AmbersWay , I just sent you a friend request. I copied the message, bc I know friend request messages disappear on e you accept a friend request (lol like a spy message,cself-destructing after reading! 🤣).

Here's the copy/paste of the message:
    Hello!

You mentioned sending a DM about Turkey. I didn't receive it, bc we weren't MFp friends listed.

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to follow up and send you a friend request. I've been deeply immersed in learning how MFP works and researching/learning habit tracking/list making/productivity apps 🙃.

I would love to know more about how your expat life works, and how you manage splitting time bw countries, with pets etc 😀.

I did mention the group you referenced (about expat life in Turkey) to my daughter. She'd love to know more about it :).

She only just got home Thu overnight, in time to work her weekend sifts, and she's off again Sunday night, trying to get all the dox in order to apply for a date at Murat's municipality where they can 'do the paperwork' for a marriage visa, as my daughter calls it. She objects to calling it a wedding ceremony, bc they plan on having a wedding celebration next summer. The visa takes so long, and a follow-up green card for Murat, and that they eager to get started!

DD met intended's family over Eid. She had a lovely time visiting with all his extended family over the week of Eid. But, didn't get some of the requirements for applying for a Turkish marriage accomplished bc ofc everything was closed for Eid heh.

The weekend after she and DF returned to Istanbul, they did shop for a ring tho. They found one they both like at the Grand Bazaar :). Murat was reluctant to shop there bc he thought it was too touristy and might be too expensive, but the mall ended up not having what they wanted, so they did buy one at the Grand Bazaar after all :).

He's pretty sure he can finish negotiating a nice price when he picks it up, after resizing, bc he's Turkish and not a tourist, he says. ✨😎.

Cheers!
    - mk :)

(Saving a copy, I'll resend if/when you accept friend request. I know messages sent w friend req disappear after request is accepted.)

@Everyone , hello! Happy Saturday :). Summer is over here in Maine - we had two days, Jul 6 & 7, "that's it and that's all!" 😝🤣

We've had a weather system parked over us since early Jun - it's been rainy, overcast, cool-ish temp, foggy, and/or t-storming almost every day since! It's kept the Canadian wildfire smoke largely away, but it's super weird - "The Summer That Wasn't", someone said. "MOTS - More Of The Same", one of the local weather forecasters said. 🤷‍♀️🌂
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,151 Member
    Options
    The July Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Jul 9th. Join us for the Veg Out Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10894466/july-week-2-group-challenge-veg-out-challenge#latest

Come to the chat room and get registered...good luck!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Lol, he really would! 🤣
This discussion has been closed.