Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @DJill68 Looks like we posted at the same time, I love that quilt, it’s beautiful!
    @txcritter69 That’s what we use at the farm, it’s more like a black netting for lack of a better description but you probably saw it in those videos! Have fun with Diesel and good luck with the weigh in.

@askewcr Wow you got some serious cleaning done! I love that you’re feeling good about yourself, that’s an awesome comment.

@trooworld Healthi is more affordable than here, wow! The zucchini boats were good but I probably won’t make this version again, I like the chicken enchiladas or the Santa Fe turkey ones better from skinnytaste. Good luck if you do the video!

@AmbersWay I hope your husband is feeling better soon. Have a great time with the family!

@mkksemail I’m glad the rain has helped the wildfire but that IS a weird summer! Seems like it’s raining in a lot of places right now. We’re cooler than normal for California which is nice.

@19shmoo69 You knew it was the same person, come on!

Hi team! Going through sleeping challenges again, hopefully it will stop with tonight! I did leg and ab strength and stretching this morning then saw right before leaving to the farm the manager was sick and the farm was off. I’d posted online about it and added to the post that it was off and decided to go there in case anyone was waiting and my neighbor was walking by my house so we talked about it and decided we’d find something to do. Texted the manager and he said to work on the garlic so about 5 of us Saturday regulars got about half of it up and there’s garlic drying everywhere and I got plants that needed water taken care of. It needs to be braided and trimmed so it can be hung so I’ll do a little tomorrow then go Tuesday morning if I can. Crazy amount of garlic! I’ve had no energy for anything else today, took a nap then did the charity minutes. The place that I go for the garden meetings has a once-a-month breakfast and I’m meeting my brother’s family and a friend from the charity there so my morning is planned. Have a great Sunday friends!

No Zero Days
    - Great water/tea, leg and ab strength and stretching and farm/garden, healthy meals.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

moynljuml99y.png
    tpmym8as4dtb.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    holhudos7zop.png

By Pounds
    9doi3dnrjmy1.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    dcsnzor5tham.png
    i3saqwmxcvb3.png

By Pounds
    sk8y6kbl49ft.png

Team Winners
    fcvz8e1wdgyh.png
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    F2F Slimpossibles
    WI Day: Sundays
    SW: 197.9 lbs, Sun 5/28/23 (-4.5)
    PW: 193.4 lbs, Sun 7/02
    CW: 194.5 lbs, Sun 7/09 (+1.1)

OSW: 197.9 lbs, Sun 5/28/23
    EOM 01: 194.7 lbs, Sun 6/25 (-3.2 M, -3.2 T)

• mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! ☺️✨

Welp, no more eating, except clear liquids, until ~5p tmo. Colonoscopy prep underway. 😝 Colonoscopy apot at 12:30p tmo - 30 min ahead of actual 2p ci required - so I should be done and able to eat again by 4:30-5p-ish.

Cheers!
    - mk

• Katmary71
    Options
    @txcritter69 Oops I was confusing, at my house I used a blue tarp and it touched the plants, that’s where they were damaged. At the farm there’s black netting over them as shade cloths and they did awesome, it’s 1-2 feet above them. The flea market sounds fun, I want to come!

Yay Mission Slimpossbles in 2nd place with 14% lost and 8.1lbs, you’re awesome!

@gemwolf110 @fourtherecord @txcritter69 Awesome job being the top of the pack! Way to start off in the group @fourtherecord woohoo!

@mkksemail Oh no that prep is no fun, good luck with your appointment tomorrow! I read before my first laparoscopy if you’re using CoLitely putting ice in it makes it a little easier to deal with, same with using a straw. It still sucks though!

Hi team! Went to the farm at 6:30 and it was chilly especially when I got my hands wet dealing with the hose/sprinklers. I’m not a good garlic braider, I decided to research more to do them right as another volunteer had watched YouTube videos and brought twine and hers are awesome. The winter squash and seedlings were all watered then I went to the breakfast which was fun. I’m headed into the yard to harvest some herbs and move a few things around then have Walmart pickup. Have a great Sunday night and Monday!

No Zero Days- under calories and mostly healthy, good exercise, and good water.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the whole team for taking 2nd place by percentage and pounds on the leaderboard! And special thanks goes to @gemwolf110 @fourtherecord @txcritter69 for leading the way!

@Cornanda Yes! I believe they did when they made all those changes.

@mkksemail No worries! :D Wow, what crazy weather you are having. Is that normal? I hope the colonoscopy goes well.

@19shmoo69 HAHAHAHA

@Katmary71 Yes! Good to know about the zucchini boats. I did not end up doing a video, boo, I really do need to. I guess no vampires will come around the farm, eh? :D Good job with your no zeros!

@txcritter69 Thank you! I hope you found something fun to do on your day off from everything.

@Sleepygirl79 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I made a good dinner last night and thought I would share a pic. It's Tandoori chicken made in the air fryer - https://www.paintthekitchenred.com/tandoori-chicken/

And Ranch Potato Salad - https://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/bacon-ranch-red-potato-salad/

With roasted asparagus.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

ojbkb05i98a7.jpg
  • Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    WI: Monday
    PW 140.3
    CW:139

Congrats to all of us for coming in 2nd place Percentage & Pounds!

Special congrats to our team winners: @tammymccrady6278 @shaunair83 @tfelts147 🏆

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee I'm thinking my previous weigh ins didn't show up? If not, I'm so sorry!

vegan4lyfe2012
    Sundays
    7/2 - 199.6
    7/9 - 199.4
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Options
    July 2023
    Hello my SlimPeeps! So sorry to be so behind with my intro! I’ve been super busy with my first granddaughter, Sophie (almost 3 months) and first grandson, Byron (1 month old). Here’s a picture of my Grumpy Bear and Bubba Burrito :smile:
    nm0ibci275fy.jpg
    8aq7klqberge.jpg

I have 3 children in their 20s – oldest is my son, Marcus (Sophie’s daddy), then my daughter Sydney (2 months pregnant!), and my youngest daughter Hunter (Byron’s mommy). So excited that all 3 will have children within a year!
    As a single empty nester, I am finding my time filled with the grands and my American Blue rabbit (her name is Kismet). I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church (Board member), and also love horror movies. I have worked in Community Development at my County for over 18 years. I have been half-a$$ed trying to lose 45 pounds. I have got to either, as I like to say, “*kitten* or get off the pot!”. Sorry about the language. I have been in a self-hating mood, but trying to be more positive since sitting here for an hour reading every single post for this month so far. I’m updating my July goals by removing 6,000+ daily steps and replacing it with 20 minutes of movement. I’ve had 2 ankle surgeries and my ankle is still awful. Trying to hit those daily steps puts me in so much pain, I can hardly put weight on it.

No Zero Days July Goals
    1. Weigh/Measure/Log all food
    2. 20 minutes of movement
    3. Stop eating when pleasantly full
    4. No snacking after 10pm

2023 Mantra: NO WISHES!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Options
    @Katmary71 - I ended up with 3 purple basil plants and 2 regular :smile: Thanks again for sending me those seeds! I just had a fantastic harvest and it will go into my Basil Lentil Salad. How is the Grand Rapids Lettuce doing out there in sunny Cali?
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in July 9 Megnolia82

SW: 228
    PW: 217.4
    CW: 218.0

Ugh. Late and not very good. It’s been crazy but here’s to a better week!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld Haha you’re stealing my joke, we seriously only got out half the garlic and it’s everywhere, no vampires will be in my town for sure! Yum that chicken sounds awesome, I haven’t experimented much with Indian food but like everything I’ve tried so I saved it. That whole meal looks amazing!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I was just thinking we hadn’t seen you for awhile, the babies are so cute! That’s great news I’m glad the basil is doing well! I decided to wait for fall on the Grand Rapids Lettuce as lettuce tends to bolt this time of year, I’m planning on fall and winter lettuce for sure though! I can’t wait to try it. The food bank farm is having mixed success with lettuce, it seems to have to be in the ground with shade cloths and even some of those are bolting now. My stuff in grow pots bolted early this year which was disappointing. I was going to put it in a shaded area and had put some bush beans there and they were completely eaten so thank goodness I didn’t put it there!

Hi team! So last night I kept hearing this weird noise and thought a neighbor was blowing the yard or vacuuming, turned out I’d left my hose on which is really sad as it didn’t even had a nozzle. I got worried I’d done the same at the farm so I stopped there this morning and thank goodness all was good. Got up early, worked out, then gassed up and headed for coffee then my hair appointment, I had about 2” of roots so it was overdue. Not much else going on. I'm having more issues from my back with my arms and hands for the first time and my gum graft I had last year split somehow so it's back to hurting, I'm pretty tired of this body.

No Zero Days- healthy aside of my coffee drink and under calories, good exercise, so-so on water.
This discussion has been closed.