Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,618 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna Oh thank goodness the order was granted, I’m glad there hasn’t been any more trouble. I haven’t tried Boba tea yet but I love tea, I’d looked up the calories and they were more than my cold brew at Starbucks. Is there a type you’d recommend if I tried it? Have fun at the picnic, it sounds like you had a great weekend with people you care about and did well at staying on track. Your backyard visit was a perfect way to go, I forgot about those thins, they’re good!

@19shmoo69 Thanks for the jokes silly!

@trooworld Thanks! Oh no I could see the leash situation getting old fast. My brother’s dog is kept on the leash when we go to my parents and the family starts getting snappy when they’re stuck with her. That’s awesome you’ve been friends for so long with your best friend. I have two close friends from when I was about 10 and 13 that I’m still in touch with, one from the neighborhood and one I met at a dance standing against the “female” wall ranting about how lame it is to wait for guys to ask us to dance. Shoot I hope your knee is doing better for the convention!

@askewcr It sounds like the workshop was pretty awesome even if you didn’t have willpower (the food sounds amazing!), I think the trade off of that many new friends is worth a few days of being off-track, just get back to it when you get home, you got this! It IS a lot easier when you’re back home from a trip, I always try to do good when my Mom and I would visit family but despite insisting on veggies for every meal there’s wine, cakes, and great meals so I usually go up 5-10lbs but it comes off fast when I get home and get back on track. What kind of workshop was it?

@jessicakrall8 We really appreciate all the time and effort you put into our group challenges! You’ve been so creative with coming up with a variety all of us can do too, you’re amazing!

Hi team! Same old stuff here, spent a couple hours at the farm working on garlic, went to the farmer’s market for fruit, and have been taking it easy the rest of the day, tired and don’t feel the best but I’m ok. Hopefully I’ll feel a little better once I’m at this dose for awhile.

No Zero Days- under calories, healthy, good workout. My arm’s having more problems but tomorrow’s leg day so I may just lay off the upper body to help the hit funny bone feeling.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,083 Member
    Options
    6 Step Plan
    Day One: nix the obvious treats
    Day Two: don't add any kind of sweetener to anything
    Day Three: No sweetened drinks of any kind (not even sugar free)
    Day Four: go plain - nothing flavored (like yogurt). If you want to add fruit flavor, use actual fruit
    Day Five: no refined grains
    Day Six: no alcohol

Check results on Day Seven.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Good Morning folks!

I love Sunday's, it is a fresh start to a new week, CONGRATULATIONS to all that made it through last week with a loss!

@sleepygirl79 Glad you feel in better and your headache is gone.

@micaroo4 Glad you were able to get that walk in before the storm.

@trooworld I think is was worth it. No more maintenance every month and my hair feels so much more healthier. I'm sorry thing are so crazy for you with your pups.

@Katmary71 I will have to try that stretch out it sounds like a great one. I love getting together with my childhood friends. Unless I get my tomato plants producing and my new cucumber plants in the ground soon other then my cantaloupe and pepper I am pretty much done with my summer garden. I am going to start my green beans today. I have not mastered a great recipe for pickle yet. But when I do I will let y'all know.

@DrewsAnna That's great that thing worked out and now you can have peace in your own home again. I am going to figure out the canning thing. I hope you have a great time at the union picnic.

@19shmoo69 Love the jokes! Keep them coming.

My pickles were a flop😞 I should have took the warning when I stepped on the scale that morning(166.6). End up having to throw out all 6 jars. So yesterday I made six more 6 but only made refrigerated pickles that time. We will see in a few days if they are any good.
    Not giving up on the canning thing thou. I had fun doing it. Just need to figure out a few thing.
    Cutting this short have to get outdoorsbefore the oven preheats🔥😂

I hope everyone has a Blessed Sunday!

GO OUT AND BE AMAZING TODAY!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    @askewcr I'm glad you made 18 new friends, that is awesome. Yes, you CAN do this!!!

@19shmoo69 LOL! Have a great day, my friend.

@Katmary71 Yeah it does get old fast lol. That's cool you have 2 friends from childhood! Thank you about my knee. I'm thinking I'm going to have to make a doctor's appt.

@Cornanda Oh gosh, that must be maddening. Please don't give up, I know you won't, I can hear your determination.

@txcritter69 Congrats on the loss! Yeah I was thinking about how much money I will save going natural. Thank you re: the pups. I'm sorry your pickles were a flop, that's disappointing, isn't it? This is the recipe I use to make dill pickles in the fridge, I add 1 tsp of mustard seeds and 1 tsp of red pepper flakes: https://selfproclaimedfoodie.com/easy-refrigerator-dill-pickles/ It comes out really good.

Hi all. Well, back to reality now that the dogs are back from the kennel. They were happy to see us. I'm using this recipe to make freezer breakfast sandwiches that will hopefully keep me out of the cafe at work: https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/freezer-breakfast-sandwiches/
    We are still in a heatwave so not much activity.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

h4w28rf8haw8.png
    bsvhwfm6a3qx.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    jp3tbfokyx74.png

By Pounds
    nzjjx49c7aro.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    dyc1hv8pbq9m.png
    jhxjemiur3zt.png

By Pounds
    siaraxd4oe1k.png

Team Winners
    4d7plrxv8dpg.png
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    mkksemail wrote: »
    F2F Slimpossibles
    WI Day: Sundays
    SW: 197.9 lbs, Sun 5/28/23 (-3.3)
    PW: 194.5 lbs, Sun 7/09
    CW: 194.6 lbs, Sun 7/15 (+0.1)

OSW: 197.9 lbs, Sun 5/28/23
    EOM 01: 194.7 lbs, Sun 6/25 (-3.2 M, -3.2 T)

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,618 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Do you want to brainstorm a bit here on what’s going on for feedback? I hope you get to the bottom of it, I know that’s super frustrating.

@micaroo4 I like it, great goals!

@txcritter69 I hadn’t really thought of starting some of that now until I was listening to “what to plant in July” videos, I hope your tomatoes pick up and you get those cukes in. Love green beans, do you do bush or pole? I hope the pickles work out!

@trooworld That recipe looks good, hope they turn out well!

@sleepygirl79 @broncobuddee @Brigit02 Top of the winners this last week, way to go!

Hi friends. I’ve been dehydrating herbs, doing laundry, and resting most the day. Did a light workout too. Have a great Monday team! I bought a peach tea for iced tea and threw in some ginger, hopefully it will turn out good.

No zeros- healthy food under calories, good workout, great water.
  • mareeya88
    mareeya88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW: 260
    PW: 256
    CW: 256.7

I haven't checked in, I'm so out of the routine, I think I might have gained some weight in the middle of last week. I'm going to start over on Monday! I am so sorry, I'm really disappointed in myself!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 My grandson had a strawberry & mango with popping bubbles blended with ice. It was the best one I've ever had. I had a blended banana with popping bubbles and it was really good to. I tried a mocha with tapioca last week and it was
    horrible. I'm not experienced with them, just gotta keep testing different ones.

Hey, y'all,

Last night, I drank some white claws again. Once again I tried to be mindful, I drank about 7 or 8 claws, but I also had a grilled roast beef and cheddar sandwich with a side salad. It was really good and I only ate half the sandwich, I'll finish the other half tomorrow. Today, I had a chicken quesadilla for dinner on a Xtreme wellness spinach and herb tortilla and a side salad.

I'm really trying to get back on track. For the first time in over a week I finally took the time to log all my food and close my diary. I know that tracking is key, so I have to do that. I told the "kid" (as I call her) that we have to start exercising again.

Alright, time to go, I'm really tired. Y'all have a good evening!
  • Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    WI:Monday
    PW:139
    CW:139

@Katmary71 Thanks for the congrats! I was scared to get on the scale today. Had my family over for BBQ and completely overate all the wrong stuff. I can't believe my weight stayed the same. Going to be extra good this week.

@sleepygirl79 Don't worry about gaining a little weight. It's part of the process. Next time you'll probably weigh less.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 @broncobuddee @Brigit02 congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!

@DebJB30 @AmbersWay congrats on the losses!

@Katmary71 The breakfast sandwiches? Well, I didn't get to making them yesterday so this morning, at 4:54 am, I am making them lol. I hope they turn out okay, too. :D How are you feeling? I take it from your resting that you aren't feeling so hot. Oh that tea sounds amazing!

@DrewsAnna All that food sounds amazing! Yes, tracking is important. You got this!

Hi all. I think it is supposed to be a little cooler today so I hope to go for a walk at work. Food will be better today than over the weekend.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Weigh July 16th Megnolia82

SW: 228
    Pw: 218
    CW: 220

I’m enjoying summer for all the wrong reasons. I’m off to camp for the rest of this week so I plan to get in a lot of steps and swimming. I just have to keep away from the wine and snacks.
  • DJill68
    DJill68 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sorry I’m late. Just got back from a much needed little vacation! Obviously I blew it, but back to the diet today.

DJill68

Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 215.6

CW: 217.8

+2.2

This discussion has been closed.