Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    83wkxljswdp0.png

I invite you to join me on a quest for a NO ZERO DAYS 2023! What is No Zero Days? There are 4 simple ideas behind this:
    There are no more zero days. A zero day is when you don’t do anything towards your goals. But that doesn’t mean you have to go full-throttle on your goals each day, no, just do something small if you have to, do a single push-up, walk to the mailbox, drink one less soda…anything not to report a zero day. Do one thing to make your life better each day.

Be grateful to the 3 YOUs: the past you, the present you, and the future you! Be GRATEFUL to the past you for the positive things you’ve done. Did you do that push-up yesterday? THANK YOU YOUNGER ME. Second part of the 3 me’s is you gotta do your future self a favor, just like you would for your best friend. Tired and can’t get off reddit/videogames/interwebs? This one’s for future me, i’m gonna rock out p90x Ab Ripper X for 17 minutes. I’m doing this one for future me. Alarm clock goes off and bed is too comfy? This one’s for my best friend, the future me. I’m up and going for a 5 km run (or 25 meter run, it’s gotta be non zero). MAKE SURE YOU THANK YOUR OLD SELF for rocking out at the end of every.single.thing. that makes your life better. The cycle of doing something for someone else (future you) and thanking someone for the good in your life (past you) is key to building gratitude and productivity.

FORGIVE YOURSELF. Tried your best to have a nonzero day yesterday and it failed? so what. I forgive you previous self. I forgive you. But today? Today is a nonzero masterpiece to the best of my ability for future self.

Exercise and books: exercise is self-explanatory but the books, read a self-improvement book…reading gets you to the next level!

Here’s more detailed information and where I got the above info:
    https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/

Quoting to remind myself to think about this 🩷
  • mkksemail
    Options
    mkksemail wrote: »
    Weigh In Day: Sundays*

PW (Previous Weight): 197.9
    lbs, Sun 5/28

CW (Current Weight): 196.1 lbs, Sat 6/3 (which is an unexplained 2 lb *swoosh!* drop since yesterday, Fri 6/1, weight of 197.9 - the same as last Sunday 🤪

*Choosing Sundays to coincide with challenge start day 👍

WI Day: Sundays
    PW: 197.9 lbs, Sun 5/28
    CW: 195.1 lbs, Sun 6/4

Im not sure if I need to request access to the Weight Tracker Spreadsheet, or if the Team Leadership does it. I tried to enter my wi info, but I only have View Access.
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sundays*

PW (Previous Weight): 197.9
    lbs, Sun 5/28

CW (Current Weight): 196.1 lbs, Sat 6/3 (which is an unexplained 2 lb *swoosh!* drop since yesterday, Fri 6/1, weight of 197.9 - the same as last Sunday 🤪

*Choosing Sundays to coincide with challenge start day 👍

WI Day: Sundays
    PW: 197.9 lbs, Sun 5/28
    CW: 195.1 lbs, Sun 6/4

Im not sure if I need to request access to the Weight Tracker Spreadsheet, or if the Team Leadership does it. I tried to enter my wi info, but I only have View Access.

Oops!

CW: 195.1 195.8 lbs, Sun 6/4[/b]
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    @DebJB30 Hi there, I look forward to your intro!

@AmbersWay It’s disappointing when the weight you lose being sick isn’t what you really weigh, mine usually goes up about half too. Sounds busy at your house! You have a beautiful day too, hope the ear irritation has an easy solution!

@Cornanda I was just thinking we’re part of the old-timers in here now!

@19shmoo69 and @Jactop were here before me I believe, you and

@trooworld as far as people who still post weren’t too long after me. Tell our Gus no more of that naughty business!

@ddainiak What an awesome place to walk, love the photos, thanks for sharing!

@Brigit02 Glad to see you back, you got this!

@trooworld I’m impressed at you not finishing your ice cream, wtg! Does your husband like to read too? I'm okay just worn out, getting slammed by a lot at once.

@AmbersWay way to go on Onederland and 40lbs down, woot woot!

@Mariamamjad Congrats on 30lbs down!

@Micaroo4 I hope Rich is feeling better soon, if you want some back stretch videos I’ve been doing Bob and Brad ones and they’re pretty good for those with back problems. Sounds like you’re making exercise work despite the rain interfering.

@megnolia82 You sound like you’re recommitting, would it help to think of it as “just lose enough to get my food pain better” as the first goal? I usually did 5lb increments and it helped mentally to not think of the total. You have had a tough year, I admire your determination at not giving up!

@mkksemail Thank you! I love hearing your daughter’s romantic story, I bet she can’t wait to go back! Sorry to hear about all the rain, I hope it clears up fast.

@FushiaKat Great job on the challenge! Good luck with the weigh-in, it’s hard dealing with things we can’t control like hearing issues especially when we’re used to turning to food to get through it. I’m sorry to hear what a struggle hearing is for you right now. I know nothing about Meniere’s disease but is there something in the field of neuroplasticity that could help with learning? I follow a group on Facebook about techniques to help with coping with pain to retrain the brain and it’s pretty interesting but I haven’t done any major studying on it aside of that group and some reading. Good luck weighing in tomorrow!

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great Monday! I did a light workout then been catching up on a lot of things including getting the house clean, I’m having a few friends over on Wednesday and it’s easier for me to spread cleaning out over a few days. It’s been overcast the last half of the day, not sure if I have much watering to do but that’s what I’m doing after this. I’m hoping to get my minutes for the charity done as well tonight. Under calories for the first time in a few days. The friends coming over are all “let’s get dessert” people and have been complaining of weight gain so I think I’ll get strawberries at a stand and whipped cream for dessert that night. Have an awesome Tuesday!

No Zero Days-
    Leg and ab strength, stretching, gardening
    Good water- drinking a licorice detox tea with ginger instead of actual water, it’s pretty good
    Under calories and pretty healthy
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Mon ci! 11,842 steps 🏃‍♀️! Goal! ⭐

84 FL oz 💦
    Calories Under Budget - 107 cals left in the bank 🍽️
    42 zone mins ⏫
    40 mins tracked exercise (22 min elliptical, 18 min aerobic workout 🤸‍♀️)
    7 hrs, 23 mins sleep ✅
    81 sleep score ✅
    75 readiness ✅
    85 stress mgmt ✅

Plus, game night at daughter's, with hubby and daughter 👨‍👩‍👧

Sure it was chilly, wet, and gloomy, but the day was JUST FINE 😊🩷💜🩵🫶
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

@mkksemail Thank you! I love hearing your daughter’s romantic story, I bet she can’t wait to go back! Sorry to hear about all the rain, I hope it clears up fast.

😊😊😊

Ahhh how nice, plans with your friends in Wed. Nice! Cleaning ahead of time 👊

Great job on your No Zero!!! I love reading these. They're inspiring ✨
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay Congrats on getting to Onederland. Feels good doesn't it?
    7n0qoe81atz5.gif

@trooworld What are you reading?

@shaunarlr83 I am intermittent fasting too; I shoot for 16 hours. It was tough at first, but now just part of my daily routine (been doing since February). I do have a cup of coffee with sugarfree creamer in the AM which I don't count as breaking the fast (can't seem to give that up). I don't know how much of my loss is contributed to it - but am continuing to do it since I am losing every week and don't want to mess with success. I don't get there every day, but 90% of the time I do.

Yesterday was a nice day. Took my morning walk with Monty in the AM. It was really chilly here, which is delightful for the AM walk. Caught up on the houswork (don't do any on the weekends), read little, worked on my crochet project (making a tank top sweater thing which is coming along nicely). Then out to dinner with my best friend who is visiting from Florida. Monday night is Bingo night with my Mom, so after dinner we met up with Mom and my sisters for bingo night. None of us won, but we had fun.

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @gjaholy33 - Congratulations on reversing your heart failure! Your hard work has indeed paid off!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @mkksemail No worries, you do not have to enter into the spreadsheet, broncobuddee does that. We just have to post our weights weekly here! Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Thank you re: the ice cream! He does like to read but not nearly as much as I do. We listen to a lot of audiobooks together. Ah okay, take care. That sounds like an awesome healthy dessert!

@shuanarlr83 I hope you had a great trip.

@mkksemail Great job!

@ddainiak I am reading a Kindle book I borrowed from the library called "Young Mungo" by Douglas Stuart. I'm listening to a couple of audiobooks: "Parable of Talents" by Octavia Butler (2nd book in the Earthseed duology), "Remarkably Bright Creatures" by Shelby Van Pelt (I have already listened to this once but it was so good, I wanted to listen to it again with my hubby), and "What Happened To You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing" by Bruce D. Perry and Oprah Winfrey. I'm enjoying them all! What are you reading? Sounds like you had a great day!

@gjaholy33 That's awesome! Woo hoo!

Hi all. It is estimated we make 226.7 decisions each day on food. I made some good ones yesterday...I ate what I brought for breakfast (which is a toss-up usually, sometimes I get a breakfast sandwich from the cafe at work). When we were running late after work, we grabbed salads to go instead of pizza. I stuck with my meal plan other than the salad. Have a great day!

4th of July challenge: tracked 100% of what I ate

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

This discussion has been closed.