Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Well this is the last day of my vacation and it’s back to work tomorrow. I had a fantastic time with my kids and grandkids and was sad to go. Like I said I forgot to weigh in on Saturday like normal but do hope I can still be part of the weight loss challenge each week. @broncobuddee is this still possible? Going by the scale I actually managed to lose a pound while away which is in my opinion amazing lol. It is so hard to stay on track while eating out and other peoples cooking. Before I left I got all my flowers done and the beds turned out great. Today is clean house day for the week. I really hate doing the big things when I get home from work. All I want to do is relax and putter in the evenings. I’m going to post a couple pics from my vacation let’s see if I do it right ahaha.
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,487 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 What cuties! Looks like a great time was had by all. Glad you had a great vacation.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »

GOOD NEWS: had my echo procedure Thursday June 1st plus met with my Cardiologist and my heart failure effraction rate has risen from 40 to 50 meaning my heart failure is reverse!
    r9wflaj8c7lx.gif
    HALLELUJAH THANK YOU JESUS!!

ALL MY HARD WORK HAS PAID OFF.

Ohhhhh, fantastic!! Good job, g! 👏👍💪
  • mkksemail
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @mkksemail No worries, you do not have to enter into the spreadsheet, broncobuddee does that. We just have to post our weights weekly here! Congrats on the loss!

Ah! Ok, ty!!

You are a reader ... love it! I haven't picked up my kindle in a very very long time. Thx fir reminding me of it.
  • mkksemail
    Options
    ddainiak wrote: »
    @shaunarlr83 I am intermittent fasting too; I shoot for 16 hours. It was tough at first, but now just part of my daily routine (been doing since February). I do have a cup of coffee with sugarfree creamer in the AM which I don't count as breaking the fast (can't seem to give that up). I don't know how much of my loss is contributed to it - but am continuing to do it since I am losing every week and don't want to mess with success. I don't get there every day, but 90% of the time I do.

I have noticed (in other challenges) that you are a consistent weight loss individual, and have wondered what strategy you were using. It's definitely a successful strategy for you! 👏
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Well this is the last day of my vacation and it’s back to work tomorrow. I had a fantastic time with my kids and grandkids and was sad to go. Like I said I forgot to weigh in on Saturday like normal but do hope I can still be part of the weight loss challenge each week. @broncobuddee is this still possible? Going by the scale I actually managed to lose a pound while away which is in my opinion amazing lol. It is so hard to stay on track while eating out and other peoples cooking. Before I left I got all my flowers done and the beds turned out great. Today is clean house day for the week. I really hate doing the big things when I get home from work. All I want to do is relax and putter in the evenings. I’m going to post a couple pics from my vacation let’s see if I do it right ahaha.

@tammymccrady6278 All's good! If you have a weigh from the weekend, let me know. Otherwise, we can just pick up with this coming Saturday.
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »

GOOD NEWS: had my echo procedure Thursday June 1st plus met with my Cardiologist and my heart failure effraction rate has risen from 40 to 50 meaning my heart failure is reverse!
    r9wflaj8c7lx.gif
    HALLELUJAH THANK YOU JESUS!!

ALL MY HARD WORK HAS PAID OFF.

AMAZING, Gloria!!!

• mkksemail
    Options
    Hi Deb! 🙋‍♀️

I'm new too. Welcome!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140

PW: 135.4
    CW: 137.8

Right where I want to be! But now I need to cut back a little bit and see how it goes next week. I do find it difficult to cut back after I've gotten off plan a bit. Tomorrow, I see the rheumatologist and on Thursday my hearing aids will get adjusted. I'm looking forward to that, I will also ask about training my brain to hear normal sounds as normal sounds again. I wear them from 8 in the morning until 10 at night which is more than the recommended 6 hours a day.

I built a contest room in my game for the Garden Contest, it's just a big green house with a lawn mower ride. I put 3440 items in that room. We start judging on the 6th which goes for 2 day's then we get the results. I'm excited to see all of the rooms, people are so creative.
    nqpei2pslw58.jpg

• mkksemail
    Options
    GL cat! 👏
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hello my dears :)

@FushiaKat wow, what’s the game called? That sounds so cool!

Wheezed through the day today since we are blanketed in forest fire smoke. They are nowhere near where I live but the winds are bringing the smoke our way. I’ve never seen anything like it. Anyone else experiencing this? I’m in Southwestern Ontario.

I have looked into intermittent fasting once in awhile. I’m not sure if I want to jump into it but today I skipped breakfast and didn’t have time for lunch until 1:00 then my sandwich was moldy so I tossed it and ended up eating just my grapefruit. Honestly I felt no hungrier than on a day I eat breakfast and have a snack at 11. We’ll see if I get into a routine.

Anyway hope you had a good day! Onto the next.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 Welcome back! Congrats on the long fast!

@mkksemail Great job on your goals! Good luck on creaming your daughter and hubby!

@ddainiak You got a lot done, great walking and getting things accomplished!

@giaholy33 Happy Tuesday, that's great news about your heart, congratulations! I would definitely say your hard work is paying off, how exciting!

@trooworld I've read "What Happened to You" as well, it's a good book. How is Young Mungo going? I just started Galileo's Daughter and after a couple chapters started a Janet Evanovich as all the astronomy was too much on little sleep for my poor brain. Great job on salad instead of pizza!

@tammymccrady6278 Wow great job losing on vacation, that's amazing! It is hard doing things at night after a long day. All the kids are so beautiful, thanks for sharing.

@laurelfit57 That should be fine, take care my friend.

@txcritter69 Haha I used to make sure to always point out the top weight loss group were the best losers around, hard not to make jokes like that. That's a great job with dinner on vacation, wtg! Hope your day site seeing is beautiful.

@sleepygirl79 LOL I love your dog taking you for walks. Yikes fair coupled with TOM is pretty dangerous, maybe you should just fit a chocolate doughnut in your day now? Have fun just you and the teen, that should be fun to have some bonding time just the two of you.

@DebJB30 It sounds like you're doing a great job Deborah! Do you like being called Deb or Deborah? I think you're viewing things right as a lifestyle change too. Congratulations on your son's graduation!

@FushiaKat Good luck with both appointments this week. I love your greenhouse, good luck!

@megnolia82 Oh no the smoke sounds terrible, I have heard other friends on here saying how bad it is today as well. You don't realize how much it affects you until you're dealing with a lot of it. That's great on staying full today, wtg!

Hi team! I had trouble falling asleep then had a horrible nightmare, it was very Friday the 13th and I was so happy I woke up and got out of it. I wasn't going to go to the farm but was shaken and decided some farm time was needed so I just went for a little over an hour then picked up a Lowe's order (smaller bags of potting mix so I'm less likely to get hurt). Finished cleaning the house, it's been sprinkling all day so I didn't get anything done outside aside of taking the potting mix around on the hand truck so tomorrow's straightening up out there. Aside of that doing little things here and there and reading, I'm going to bed soon and will hopefully sleep wonderful tonight! I DID get an appointment this Saturday for the medication refills which is a relief. Have a great Wednesday!

Doing good with body mechanics but I catch myself screwing up a lot!
  • mkksemail
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Wishing you sweet dreams, kat.

Meg, I'm in Maine so I thought we might be impacted, but I haven't noticed anything! I wonder if the terrible-no-good-weather-that-plans-on-staying-around-until-Saturday 😝 is why I'm not seeing smoke from the fires?

Or perhaps the winds are sweeping it south of me? I dunno ...
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all,

Just checking in. I have gained more weight this week. I have been getting plenty of exercise, the problem is everything that I'm putting in my mouth. I also haven't been logging any of my food until yesterday. I have to log it all, good and bad. In the past I have purposely not logged everything, because I didn't want anyone to see it. In order to be accountable, I also have to be honest. So, I'm logging it all good and bad. Weigh in is Thursday, I'm not looking forward to this.

I have also started journaling again, and I'm going to start crocheting again to keep my hands busy in the evenings when my sweet tooth and munchie mouth start nagging at me.

I'm really enjoying the stridekick challenges, thank you for starting those again. I really need them in my life.

Alright, y'all have a great evening. I'm going to go see if I can find the new habit tracker.
  • mkksemail
    Options
    GL, sleepy girl! 🍀🤞🌟🧧
This discussion has been closed.