Downsizers Team Chat - JUNE 2023

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,273 Member
edited July 2023 in Social Groups
o7qlf84pynka.png
Here is your Team chat room for June 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @JaysFan82
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods & @cleaneater80
Shape Shifters - @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The June challenge runs for 4 weeks, from June 4 - July 1. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,774 Member
    edited June 2023
    Hello Team Downsizers ....First I would like to welcome our new members @MotivatedM3,@Michaeldaily4927, @BlueBaron37 , @Skguptonweightloss2023, @Hotspur11,@Whitfcan, and @brandi_84 to our amazing team ....I hope you enjoy it as much as I have ...I have been with this group for 2 years (it will be 3 years in June) and absolutely love it ... I have been on and off of MFP since 2009 (I had a bad habit of giving up on myself and deleting my accounts..I promised myself that I would not give up on myself ever again(been on this screen name since 2018) Second let me introduce myself ... I am Megan and I am the co-captain of this marvelous team along with our amazing captain Linda..I am also one of the moderator's so if a problem arises please let me know so that I and the other moderator's can solve the problem ... Most of you newcomers have already met me since I am in charge of recruiting ...Now a little about me ... I was born in Alberta Canada..I was adopted as a baby...I have lived in California most of my life ... I would love to move to Colorado.. I am an animal lover... I have 2 dogs a German Shepherd named Dakota who is 5 years old this past October( and a Siberian Husky named Aspen who is also 5 years old this past December) ... I also have 2 grandma kitties Kylie 17 1/2 and Mocha 17 and a parrot named Petey (not sure who talks more him or myself LOL) I am a mom of 2 ..Alyssa who is 17 and will be graduating from High School this year in June ..I have home schooled her from day 1 .. She has been on honor roll every year who wants to be a veterinarian once she graduates high school ... I have a son named Austin who is 23 and was in the Navy now he is wanting to be a cop.. I am a very proud mama :)

Now lets talk about the step challenge that I am in-charge of for our team ...If you want to be added please give me your name and a step pledge that you plan to hit daily and post your steps either daily or weekly (whatever is easiest for you) in here .... If you want to be removed , change your step goal , excused etc. please let me know ... I do have a converter chart where I can convert most exercise into steps ...On Sunday mornings I will put up a reminder of the people's steps I need ...

My Goals for June is to stay on keto ...drink 140 ounces of water daily .... ...meal prep with my daughter once a week, stay on IF and use my home gym 30 minutes a day 5 days a week... I have a lot of health issues... I am on new meds that make me not want to eat much ..I am a type 2 diabetic ... kidney stones ... 3 hernia surgeries ... a screw in my right foot due to stress fractures ... Left foot has arthritis in the ankle and I have quite a few bone spurs in the foot .. ... I also have tendonitis in my knees and I was born with hip dysplasia..As many of you know I am out of commission for who knows how long due to playing ball with the pups in the backyard and falling in one of the craters my dogs dug up...I broke my ankle in 2 places and tore tendons and ligaments ...I had surgery on 10/19 where I have a plate and 4 screws and I had an infection where one of the screws is ..... I had my 2nd foot surgery on 12/15 3rd foot surgery happened on 1/31 where he put a rod in my foot (which is giving me problems) yup I am mess LOL 4th surgery happened on 3/31/23 where I have 2 new rods in my leg and more screws in my foot ...Yup I am a mess LOL

I am an open book so if you want to know more about me then just ask :) Let's have an awesome month and let's show the month of May who is boss :p Wishing everyone much success ..If anyone would like to add me as a friend please do :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,758 Member
    Housekeeping

Weigh In
    I will post a weigh in reminder every day. Please use the following format for reporting your weight as it makes it much easier to find. Let me know if you need to change your weigh in day or have to miss a week.

Username
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Daily Check In
    You can do this in any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. She will make a post with everything you need to know.

Weekly Group Challenge
    Each week there is a group challenge that runs from Sunday to Saturday. Jessica, one of the moderators, will post a link each week. Take time to check them out.

Introductions
    Take time to introduce yourself. It’s fun to get to know each other. If you have been on this journey for awhile tell us about your successes.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,758 Member
    edited June 2023
    My name is Linda and I am one of the team captains along with @Megan_smartiepants1970. Our two team motivators are @Slimmersixties and @JaysFan82. If you need anything we are here to help.

I am married to a wonderful guy and have three kids. We have 4 granddaughters ranging from age 1 to 17. Two of my granddaughters live in Scotland and I plan on making it there some day soon. I have two fat cats named Nick and Lady. I retired due to a disability.

I joined F2F in February of 2019 when I began my weight loss journey. I never had a weight problem until after they birth of my son. It seems like I have been on a diet since then. In 2018 I was diagnosed with binge eating disorder order. I began therapy which helped. I still was struggling with the occasional binge. This makes losing weight difficult. I started taking ozempic about 12 weeks ago. It turned off the food noise in my head and my weight has started going in the right direction. I have lost 80 pounds since 2019. Slow and steady loses the race.

On to exercise. Exercise is difficult as I have a bad back/leg. I have nerve issues in both my back and leg. The back/leg is from arthritis. I also get leg pain from neuropathy and problems with my veins. I really wish I had taken care of my diabetes years ago which would have prevented the neuropathy. I am waiting for back surgery but it is an 18 month wait just to get an appointment with the surgeon. I go to a pain management clinic weekly for injections and have just started getting injections in my spine every three months. This has helped but my exercise is pretty well limited to the pool. I do mini walks some days to help with my legs. If I have to walk any distance ( malls, airports, etc) I use my walker. Also, lately I have been dealing with a lack of motivation for exercise. My goal is to exercise 3 to 4 days a week.

Let’s have a fantastic June!
  • Username: skguptonweightloss2023
    PW (Previous Weight): 237.8 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 235 lbs

This is my first time joining a group like this. I'm tired of being overweight and unhealthy. I have my 10th anniversary in November and am hoping to be below 200 lbs by then.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    I haven't done a proper introduction in a while.
    Hi, I'm Lisa. I am 57, 5'5", and just coming down from my highest weight ever at 212. I was only there for a fleeting moment, but a moment nonetheless. And that "moment" put me in the Obese Class II category....what a wake-up call!! I live in southern Ontario, have been married for 31 years and we have a family farm supply business that I work at very, very part time, filing invoices and stuffing monthly statements. We have two grown sons; The oldest, 29, works at the family business and lives here in town. He has a lovely girlfriend, but they haven't been dating that long, so no grand kids yet. The youngest, 27, is currently single and lives in Prague, CZ. He is coming home in July for three weeks for a family wedding!!

My goals for June are to continue to log daily and to get my house in order for my son's extended visit! I would have added "walk often" but I seem to have done something to my knee and I am out of commission as far as intentional walks go. I joined F2F in March, but wasn't able to get my head in the right space until May. I had a great May, so it is par for the course for the universe to throw up a roadblock in the form of this knee injury to see just how serious I am about losing weight and improving my fitness! It will be hard for me to eat within my calorie budget without exercise and step calories. We shall see. Maybe the knee will heal faster than anticipated? (fingers crossed)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,273 Member
    The June Habit Tracker is up and ready for you! Start tracking right away and have a fantastic month!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891871/habit-tracker-june-2023#latest
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,432 Member
    The June Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Jun 4th. We're hoping for a fun and active week, so please join us for Eat Healthy, Move More and Be Happy! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10891873/june-week-1-group-challenge-eat-healthy-move-more-and-be-happy/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Username: skguptonweightloss2023
    PW (Previous Weight): 237.8 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 235 lbs

This is my first time joining a group like this. I'm tired of being overweight and unhealthy. I have my 10th anniversary in November and am hoping to be below 200 lbs by then.

👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 825 Member
    I see my podiatrist on 6/22 ... I have a feeling I will be having a 5th foot/leg surgery since I am having issues with the 2 rods and the screw he put in my leg/foot

Nooooo!!!! So sorry you are having so many problems with this break! Let's hope they find you a final solution this time!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 825 Member
    Hi everyone
    I'm Lis, 60 from the uk but been living in Spain 22 years. I'm retired and spend at least 6 months of the year travelling in my rv through Spain, Portugal and Morocco.
    I started my journey here in August 2021 at 276lb. Reached my initial goal of 196lb then set a new goal of 182lb which i reached in April 2023. I've failed at maintenance! In the last 6 weeks I've gained 12lb ... had 2 major vaccations and a big 60 birthday. Back in the main team this month ..... I've identified the culprit (alcohol) and I'm stopping it now before i gain all that 94lb i lost back!!
  • BlueBaron37
    BlueBaron37 Posts: 107 Member
    PW (Previous Weight): 239 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 237.5 lbs

Do I need put my steps in upto Sunday or Saturday as Sunday my weight in day?
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 229 Member
    I see my podiatrist on 6/22 ... I have a feeling I will be having a 5th foot/leg surgery since I am having issues with the 2 rods and the screw he put in my leg/foot

Oh no! @Megan_smartiepants1970, I am so sad to hear that. I will pray for your healing and speedy recovery. You do so much for this group, I pray that your kindness and good will is paid back to you 10-fold!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970

Nooooo!!!! So sorry you are having so many problems with this break! Let's hope they find you a final solution this time!

Thank you ... I am hoping this will be the end of surgeries for me so that I can start PT and get this leg/foot healed and return to walking (boy do I miss it badly)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    rwillems wrote: »

Oh no! @Megan_smartiepants1970, I am so sad to hear that. I will pray for your healing and speedy recovery. You do so much for this group, I pray that your kindness and good will is paid back to you 10-fold!

Thank you so much Rick ... I greatly appreciate your prayers :)
This discussion has been closed.