6/1 - 9,753
    6/2 - 9,065
    6/3 - 10,046
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    Reintroduction

My name is Charissa.

I started with this group in March. I live just north of Chicago. I love listening to audio books and playing Sim City Buildit (way too much). I continue to struggle with weight loss. I lost 20 lbs in 2022 and gained 10 of those back at the end of the year due to health issues. I'm working hard to find what will work for me and my body. I'm currently doing IF either 18:6 or 16:8 most days usually averaging about 17:7. During my eating window - I focus on low carb meals. To be consistent with weight loss, I really need to cut back on wine, as I'm doing most everything else the right way!

BAUG
    By the end of this year - I'd really like to hit goal and then focus on the maintenance part.
    Goals for June:
    - Consistent Water intake - 64 ounce minimum, ultimate goal 100 ouncers
    - Limit alcohol calories - limit to weekends (Friday/Saturday)
    - Exercise Daily (5 of 6 days)

Weekend Recap

- Eating only at Hunger Level 3:
    - Water (Goal 64 oz) :
    - Increased intensity while walking on treadmill:

- THOUGHTS: June on deck - new month - continued focus! Scale is back on a downward trend 💚

"Weight loss doesn't begin in the gym with a dumb bell; it starts in your head with a decision." Toni Sorenson

Please increase my step challenge goal to 8,500

Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

6/4 4,861
    6/5
    6/6
    6/7
    6/8
    6/9
    6/10

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 214.7 6/2/2023
    6/9 -
    6/16 -
    6/23 -
    6/30 -
    Total 0.0
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,833 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    5/28-9142
    5/29-5121
    5/30-5274
    5/31-8091
    6/1-8888
    6/2-8595
    6/3-8985
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    whitfcan wrote: »
    Hello everyone! My name is Candice. I am so excited to be apart of this amazing group! A little about me...I have been a yo-yo dieter for years. I have my biggest success at weight loss with WW. However, I grew tired of the monthly fees and forever changing methods associated with the program. This led me to MFP.

My biggest downfall on my weight loss journey has been my lack of accountability. I am not very consistent with tracking foods (especially the bad ones...lol). But, I am very encouraged and excited to give this a true GO and stick with it. I'm looking forward to referring to this thread for motivation, tips, and positivity during this journey.

Let's Do This!!! <3

You got this!! I am so excited when others are in it for the long haul like I am! You found a great group here. It has been life changing!
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Welcome to all the new folks. I've been here a while. I am 53yo mom of 3 grown ups and grammy to 2 little girls. I usually love lifting but I injured myself coughing during an asthma attack and separated a couple of ribs in April. To say the least I have been walking. This past weekend I had a blast camping at my childhood lake. I even got to take one of my grands out in the kayak. I also tried to stretch out my side by swimming lots this weekend. Demon dog (my 10 yo aussie cattle dog/ border collie w/ agressive tendencies) has been more than loving the walks. To say the least he did not go with us. I also realized I always plan trips on the full moon....
    cowmvw9ln587.jpg
    58rkay40ytpo.jpeg
    ucd52yi5lp2o.jpg
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Hotspur11 wrote: »
    Weigh in

PW: 79kg
    CW: 78.2kg

Steps, I'll have to go back over and get from Garmin

Well done!!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Weigh in

PW 252.2
    CW 249.2

Steps
    15,222 so far

WOOO! Congrats!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Penny @MyChoiceisaGoodLife

Weigh-in day: Sunday 06.04.23

Current weight 158.0
    Previous weight 157.6

The new medication makes joints hurt and muscles weak. I'm working out more to try to counteract the weakness, and if anyone has experience with statins that can share words of wisdom I would love it!

This week, in addition to more exercise, I'm cleaning up the between-meal eating. The combined efforts will hopefully begin to nudge the weight loss results again.

All my respect to you for pushing through the pain and continuing to chase your goals.
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    pauladner wrote: »
    Pauladner
    Weigh In Day: Sunday, June 4th
    PW (Previous Weight): 134.7lb
    CW (Current Weight): 133.6lb

Heck yeah! Good work my friend!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    rwillems wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Well if I did it before,I can do it again. I have to get off this Merry-go-round and back to reality. New month -- Fresh start.

New month- new start... Lets get it buddy.
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Candice. I am so excited to be apart of this amazing group! A little about me...I have been a yo-yo dieter for years. I have my biggest success at weight loss with WW. However, I grew tired of the monthly fees and forever changing methods associated with the program. This led me to MFP.

My biggest downfall on my weight loss journey has been my lack of accountability. I am not very consistent with tracking foods (especially the bad ones...lol). But, I am very encouraged and excited to give this a true GO and stick with it. I'm looking forward to referring to this thread for motivation, tips, and positivity during this journey.

Let's Do This!!! <3

Insanely glad you are here... Let's get it!
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Megan, do you need my steps for June?

You can do them now if you want or you can wait ..its up to you :)

I'll look them up and get them to you today
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    PW-222.6
    CW-223.4
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,443 Member
    Options
    Megan, do you need my steps for June?

You can do them now if you want or you can wait ..its up to you :)

I'll look them up and get them to you today

sounds good🙂
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    When your desperately trying to give up alcohol again and it's your best friends 60th birthday party and she keeps saying "you will be having a drink won't you?" Cunning plan needed .,..... the friendly barman agreed to make me diet tonicwater ..... that looks just like a vodka and tonic! Now we will all be happy!!!!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    When your desperately trying to give up alcohol again and it's your best friends 60th birthday party and she keeps saying "you will be having a drink won't you?" Cunning plan needed .,..... the friendly barman agreed to make me diet tonicwater ..... that looks just like a vodka and tonic! Now we will all be happy!!!!

Awesome! I hope you had a good time.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,554 Member
    Options

Let's Do This!!! <3

Years ago I had really good success with WW but like you I didn’t like the changes in the program. Good luck on your journey and I hope you find this team as helpful as I did.
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Steps: 4,133
    Log food: ✔️
    Exercise: 0/4

I am patiently waiting for maintenance to come to either fix my fridge or replace it. If they get here early enough I will go to the pool otherwise I will do some indoor walking.

You know you are on MFP when you read "I am patiently waiting for maintenance to come...." and you automatically think goal weight!!

So true. Sometimes it feels like our brain is constantly in weight loss mode.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,554 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    Last month or so I have been seeing a lot of folks down on themselves for having a couple of days, or even a week, of low step counts.

Just want to let you know I am effing proud of you for any number you are putting up there.. I fight to get over 1k steps a day- that is just where I am at right now in the fight. When yall have a bad day and are still in the thousands, I am hyped for you and can't wait to join you. Remember that ish happens, but any movement is good movement.

My mentor and best friend used to always tell me- Go as far as you can... then take one more step.

Those words got me through college.. and now I take them literally and just try to grab that extra step.

Much love yall.. You are doing great.

Love your friend’s quote. Thanks for the reminder.
This discussion has been closed.