Downsizers Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    I forget to log my foods here on MFP sometimes. But, I've been trying to make sure I log foods on carb manager because that is what my health coach is using. Anyway, my weight is starting to creep back up and I was so frustrated because I thought I had been doing so good. I looked back at my logs from the last couple of days and relized, I forgot to log some stuff. Aughh. I need to double check before having an evening snack.
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    rwillems wrote: »

Two months ago, I was pretty pleased, I had my salt and sugar intake way down. I pretty much stayed away from heavily processed food. I was easily making my daily step count and rode my bike almost every day. I had a food log.

I was the guy who did laps in the hotel pool after work. I ate oatmeal with raisins to sweeten it and a 1/2 cup of skim milk for breakfast.

Well if I did it before,I can do it again. New month -- Fresh start.

@rwillems I fixed your post for you :)

How very insightful. When you take all of the “negative energy” away, you find the truth! Thank you so very much @HASWLRS for helping me clear away the anger, bitterness, frustration, and discouragement to show the truth I knew all along!
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    rwillems wrote: »
    I want to thank all of my MFP/Downsizer friends who have sent me encouragement and support this week. The people here are so insightful and often inspiring. I can’t tell you how many times I have seen a member of our little group visit this forum and express their worries, anger, frustration and dilemmas, only to have several of our fellow travelers jump in and provide comfort and encouragement to that person. I am so glad that I found this team!

@HASWLRS @Megan_smartiepants1970 @Slimmersixties @lindamtuck2018 @GirlOnTheRebound @NachDeezy

All for one and one for all!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,087 Member
    Options
    Monday Recap

- Eating only at Hunger Level 3: Yes for lunch, not for dinner
    - Water (Goal 64 oz) : 48 oz
    - Increased intensity while walking on treadmill: yes, plus outside walk for 30 minutes

- THOUGHTS: June on deck - new month - continued focus!

"Just believe in yourself. Even if you don't, pretend that you do and, at some point, you will." ~ Venus Williams

Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

6/4 4,861
    6/5 11,280
    6/6
    6/7
    6/8
    6/9
    6/10

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 214.7 6/2/2023
    6/9 -
    6/16 -
    6/23 -
    6/30 -
    Total 0.0
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    Monday Recap

- Eating only at Hunger Level 3: Yes for lunch, not for dinner
    - Water (Goal 64 oz) : 48 oz
    - Increased intensity while walking on treadmill: yes, plus outside walk for 30 minutes

- THOUGHTS: June on deck - new month - continued focus!

"Just believe in yourself. Even if you don't, pretend that you do and, at some point, you will." ~ Venus Williams

Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

6/4 4,861
    6/5 11,280
    6/6
    6/7
    6/8
    6/9
    6/10

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 214.7 6/2/2023
    6/9 -
    6/16 -
    6/23 -
    6/30 -
    Total 0.0

@itladyee

It looks like you had a good day.

What is Hunger Level 3 ?
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »

@itladyee Love it! This is along the lines of my mantra..."Fake it 'til you make it!" I was here for two whole months before I finally made it, as in I was able to flip the the mental switch. I have been working the program everyday since, and most of those days, successfully!
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    Pw-249.8
    Cw- 250.6
  • Tail0rMade22
    Tail0rMade22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh-in day: 6/4/23
    PW: 186
    CW: 189

I’m so sorry for the late weigh in day. I have been so sick since last Thursday laying in bed like a zombie. I haven’t really been calorie counting during all of this either. Is it okay if I change my weigh in days to Mondays starting next week, 6/12/23?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY

May 31st: 199.2
    June 7th: 197.6

• HASWLRS
    Options
    I have no News Feed this morning. Is that the same for everyone else?
  • BlueBaron37
    BlueBaron37 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Yes same for me too, must be MFP error.
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Wednesday
    PW 5/31 208.6
    CW 6/07 208.0

I am on vacation and using a "not intimate to me" scale so just going with it!
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    Options

Blank newsfeed at this time for me too
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    I forget to log my foods here on MFP sometimes. But, I've been trying to make sure I log foods on carb manager because that is what my health coach is using. Anyway, my weight is starting to creep back up and I was so frustrated because I thought I had been doing so good. I looked back at my logs from the last couple of days and relized, I forgot to log some stuff. Aughh. I need to double check before having an evening snack.

I try to pre log my food every morning. Then all I have to do is add my serving sizes once I weigh my food.
    Sunday weigh-in day: 6/4/23
    PW: 186
    CW: 189

I’m so sorry for the late weigh in day. I have been so sick since last Thursday laying in bed like a zombie. I haven’t really been calorie counting during all of this either. Is it okay if I change my weigh in days to Mondays starting next week, 6/12/23?

Sorry you have been sick. Feel better soon. I will change your weigh day.
    WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY

May 31st: 199.2
    June 7th: 197.6

Awesome job. You are settling into onderland.
    @lindamtuck2018
    Wednesday
    PW 5/31 208.6
    CW 6/07 208.0

I am on vacation and using a "not intimate to me" scale so just going with it!

Nice loss! Enjoy your vacation!

• GirlOnTheRebound
    Options
    Step Challenge 7500

6/04 5832 + 79 minutes laps
    6/05 7708 + 121 minutes laps
    6/06 8908 + 34 minutes laps
    6/07
    6/08
    6/09
    6/10

Swimming is laps at least possible effort. I don't recall how to translate this to steps.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Steps: 4,166
    Log food: ✔️✔️✔️
    Exercise: 1/4

Off to the pool shortly. I need to get three more days of exercise in this week.
This discussion has been closed.