WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
edited July 2023 in Social Groups
ru07ck3u0xdu.png
Here is your Team chat room for July 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @JaysFan82
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods & @cleaneater80
Shape Shifters - @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The July challenge runs for 4 weeks, from July 2 - 29. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,152 Member
    Options
    The July Week 1 Group Challenge is active and ready to begin on Sunday, July 2nd. Join us for the Beat the Heat Challenge, set your goals and participate in lively discussions and activity based upon your goal every day during the week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10893914/july-week-1-group-challenge-beat-the-heat#latest

Another great opportunity to meet others from all 5 Fat2Fit Teams and start July off right with an active fitness week! Hope to see you there!

Jessica :blush:
  • jugar
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Welcome to July 2023!

This is our home for the month, where all of our joys and challenges take place. Please (re)introduce yourselves and set some goals and daily actions for the month and the new year. Focus on the small every day choices, and you will get where you want to go!

I am Liselyn, co-captain along with @ashleycarole86 . I live in rural Québec, and I'm a retired university professor of music. It was not until I was 58 that I got really serious with both food and exercise. As of October 2022, I hit 10 years on maintenance, always refining and making sure I don't have to do it all over again. Yes, it is possible to lose weight and get in shape after menopause!

I know there are people on this team who have a lot to lose, others who have lost a lot and are closing in on their goals, and some who might be working on losses that are stubbornly resisting. There is much wisdom here, and the most important lesson we learn from each other time and time again is that it is not a straight shot, there will be trials and errors, and sticking with it when it feels like you have fallen off yet again is the best thing you can do for yourself. Plateaus can be good, but going back the way you came is not!

Some helpful information/tools:
    Posting your daily updates
    We know from experience that posting daily (or as often as you can!) makes a huge difference to your success. Use any format you like to let everyone know how you are doing on your daily goals and habits. You can report on food, exercise, water, sleep, or whatever you are tracking and trying to stick with. While you're there, talk about how you are, ask questions, and if you can answer someone else, please do! Congratulate others, commiserate, enjoy someone's rant, or go ahead and rant yourself. It all helps make the kind of community where we are in each others' heads when the hand is reaching for that off-plan snack, or the couch is feeling way too inviting...

Weighing in
    Please try to weigh in on time! When you post, put your weigh in at the TOP of a message, so it is clear and easy to find. If you cannot post your weight for whatever reason, please request a week off, or if you need a longer break, you can request to move to the "Support Team" where you can still participate but your weigh-ins will not be part of the weekly tally. This is where members who are ill, on vacation, or just needing a break can hang out for as long as needed.

The F2F Habit Tracker
    If you want a simple place to track your most important habits, give this a try. You can see how your teammates are doing too :wink: The link and how-to info are under "Announcements" on the main F2F page. Or just jump to it here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10893920/habit-tracker-july-2023#latest

So everyone, tell us a bit about you, your goals, what steps you are going to work on. It's fun to know your name and where you live (if you're willing to share that), what brought you here, how your weight loss journey has been, and where you are headed now. Let the introductions roll!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    Hi folks!
    Co-captain here, alongside the always inspiring and motivating @jugar
    You'll see me posting your step reports and keeping track of all your lovely numbers. We have lots of new members so here's how it works:
    Step Challenge
    Optional add-on to main team requirements
    You can set a step target (which should account for exercise equivalent conversions)
    Every Sunday, post your steps and minutes of intentional exercise for the Sun-Sat prior. I'll convert your exercise minutes to steps for you and post a report every week of how we all did.

In terms of me?
    My name is Ashley, I'm in my mid-30's, I am very happily married to my husband Brad who has also lost weight using this app, and we both work full-time and live in Alberta, Canada. My mom lives in our basement and we have a suite of animals at the house between us.
    I started at 293 pounds, lost over 120 pounds, and after a short window of maintenance I've gained about 40 back. I need to get back on track but I can't seem to get motivated to do what I know I need to do and I'm in a binge eating place that certainly is making it hard.
    Focusing on trying to not let it all fall off the rails, primarily.. feels like a slippery slope. So, thanks for being here and for the support! We can do this.
  • project_shan
    project_shan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in
    Username: project_shan
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    HW: 188.0
    PW: 160.8
    CW: 159.8

Steps: June 25-July 1
    6vh1sndx29qp.png

Using a different scale for the next 4/5 weeks. I'm not sure if this was an actual me loss or just using a different scale but I'll take it.

Have a great July everyone!
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Sunday and first day of our July challenge!

Let's get off to a strong start. Sunday people - you're up!
    @YinxFed
    @strong_fit_ells
    @graceojo999
    @healthygirlintransit
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Lauren and I am from NC. I have been on a yo-yo weight loss journey my whole adult life. I am determined to lose weight and keep it off. I have really done well with making exercise a habit, now I just need to get my food in check.

I am married and my husband is very supportive to me in this journey. That is very helpful, especially since he is trying to be good as well and there is no junk food in the house. Now I just have to not go to the store when I'm craving something!

My goals for July are to continue my exercise routine, and really try to stay within my calorie range at least 6 days a week. I have been tracking which is good, now I just need to rein it in.

@ashleycarole86 I would like to increase my step goal to 7,000 steps daily please. We will see how this goes!

I hope everyone has a great month!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Sunday: 4,727
    Monday: 6,553 + 60 min body pump class
    Tuesday: 7,842
    Wednesday: 4,675
    Thursday: 8,402
    Friday: 6,952
    Saturday: 6,249 + 60 min body pump class

I have had a good weekend so far! I love hearing about everyone's gardens. I have 1 zucchini so far I picked off my plant and am waiting for more to grow. I don't see as many bees right now, so I just watched some videos on how to help hand pollinate the zucchini.
  • healthygirlintransit
    healthygirlintransit Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    healthygirlintransit

WEIGH-IN: SUNDAY
    HW: 250
    PW:235
    CW:234
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh-in.

PW - 184.6
    CW - 183.6

Step & exercise stats for last 7 days:

Sunday 25th June - 8861
    Monday 26th - 8718 / 37 mins Caroline Girvan Fuel Day 6 - Quad Focussed Leg workout
    Tuesday 27th - 5307
    Wednesday 28th - 7630
    Thursday 29th - 6464 / 37 mins CG Fuel Day 7 - Upper Body Complexes
    Friday 30th - 8806
    Saturday 1st July - 6821 / 38 mins CG Fuel Day 8 - Posterior Chain Circuits
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

223rvz4ebfqx.png
    yx9mslbmt68u.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    2wicyh6f2i6d.png

By Pounds
    gcqzvom7xngk.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    s957ic7gpug1.png
    fdarkpzovdv6.png

By Pounds
    a19z7f3cezn9.png

Team Winners
    4sba57jd0utv.png
    065wcx0thn62.png
    t3bbyjjwtuk7.png
    vj1jxvd1mkw7.png
    tpx6wz7vz2l1.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

1qyw85vr8bpe.png
    af5pebduvskv.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ma9zutwj09z0.png

By Pounds
    97e2px61mlai.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    hu4muyp6nskd.png
    3d8thb6rxrvg.png

By Pounds
    dwkzapizpqz5.png

Team Winners
    rroulxwj3uhs.png
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Happy belated birthday Yinka.. 60 years fabulous! So lovely you had family visit to celebrate.

Got my 10K steps yesterday and tracked most of the day. Going for the same today.

There was some scary weather south of our trailer yesterday.. tornado touched down. The day before we were under a warning. It's a wild weather area here in this section of central Alberta.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @ashleycarole86 I would like to increase my step goal to 7,000 steps daily please. We will see how this goes!

You've got it! Got your target updated for July.

• ashleycarole86
    Options
    Today we went to a nearby local farm that has a lot of cool on-site activities. They do a Sunday morning breakfast for $14 so that absolved Brad of his morning cooking duties ;)

We did their nature walk and got over half our day's steps there. Our dog had an episode.. this is the second time it's happened and we think it might be a bug bite (spider?) but she suddenly is not herself, becomes lethargic, etc. The first time it happened we took her to the vet and by the time they saw her she was herself and we left.. her vitals were fine. Anyway, it cut the walk a bit short but she's back to her normal self again now. Hard to avoid with bugs everywhere!

So, I'll pop out again for more steps to make sure I get my 10K today. I'm finding that motivating. I also filled out the habit tracker with some things that were good habits for me before (water, push-ups, closing diary).
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Sat Jul 1
    12822 steps
    Great fireworks at the lake last night and a beach party with a DJ and dancing. Fun!
  • jeezlawheeze
    jeezlawheeze Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Karen. I am very new to this and had to figure out how to post on here. I am pretty much computer illiterate. I'm hoping I'll be able to find my way back here.
    Anyway, I live in Central California with my partner, Tom, my daughter and my grandson.
    I am disabled due to having 4 surgeries on my spine. Three of them in the last three years. Prior to that I was a critical care registered nurse. I am 60 years old and I'm sure all of you over 50 know it is very difficult to lose weight at this age.Not to mention, I am unable to exercise in many ways due to my spine being fused. The only part of my spine that moves is my thoracic spine, which doesn't move much. I gained 65 pounds after my second lower back surgery and have been unable to get it off. My son is using my fitness pal to bulk up. He just got out of the Marines and he's using it to refine his physique. I just want to get mine back! Thank you for taking me into your group. I look forward to the future.
  • jugar
    Options
    What a great birthday photo @YinxFed Your son inherited your smile for sure - welcome to the 60s!

So team! I think we have an opportunity for improvement this month. I see some commitments for better tracking and exercise, keeping the reins in good contact with the food, and revisiting things that have worked in the past.

Don't forget to (re)post your introduction. Include some planning for the month. What tools are you going to try? Want to lose in that gentle 1% per week range? It is totally do-able, but there is a need for some reminders.
    • The joy of eating in a healthy way that helps that 1% loss happen is greater than the fleeting pleasure of eating the things that prevent the loss. Cultivate that joy!
    • Plan how to stop eating at the end of a meal so you don't just keep on. What helps you? A nice herbal tea after which you won't eat? Putting the food away after serving so there are no seconds available? Share your ideas and try each others' suggestions. It is always good to have a stop button or a guardrail.
    • To snack or not to snack? I find eating only at mealtime helps. That way there are fewer times to have to end the eating! Some people prefer smaller amounts more often. What is your snack plan?
    • Know and respect your triggers. Make a plan to help yourself avoid having certain foods in the house. Plan how to shop to keep them where you want them. If you have something that sends you overboard, change the rest of the day or the next day in consequence. No starving though!
    • Experiment! You are your own guinea pig :smiley: Feeling stuck? Try something new and different for a time and see how it goes. Even something small can make a big difference.

Let's hear your ideas! Among the 29 of us, I'll bet there are lots of them.
  • jugar
    Options
    @ashleycarole86

Saturday steps and exercise:
    12199 + 45 minutes bike (kind of slow, though)
This discussion has been closed.