WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    @wdalzell5401 my heart goes out to you and your Dad. It is a hard transition, but it sounds like you have found a good place. That's a big step. Keep well! I hope your visit goes well today.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Late again.

PW 207.4
    CW 209

Wrong direction! So sorry for my red added to all the wonderful green. I have eaten out a lot this week. I’ve also had an adult beverage many of the days. It’s hard because summer feels like a celebration even if we do t go anywhere because I’m not exhausted from work so we go out.

We are actually really going away on a short vacation to the shore next weekend. It’s my husband’s birthday and our 40th anniversary.
    That is a real celebration. So I’ll do what I can to moderate.

I have been very frustrated the last 2 days or so because my Fitbit just stopped working. It’s a year and a half old. I scanned forums. And finally contacted customer support. It died. I restarted it. But it wouldn’t charge. Working with them…here comes the creepy part, they told me to try and charge it in a different outlet because my charger is too cold. ??? It does have an a/c vent above it. I moved it elsewhere and it is charging. I asked how they knew a charger in MY house was too cold. The answer I got was their tools can detect it. So weird and a little creepy.

So now maybe I can get my Fitbit back on to motivate me. Need to get moving.

@YinxFed What a wonderful place to do yoga.

I need to do one thing that is exercise today heat or not. I did pull weeds in my garden for an hour yesterday and hopefully did not get poison Ivy.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,152 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all:
    Getting ready to head out and run some errands, but wanted to drop a little teaser before I leave. Got my creative juices flowing this week and I have a very exciting CONTEST for the July Week 2 Group Challenge.

I'll pop in once I get everything all set up and am ready to open the chat thread, but I hope you'll start talking to your friends and encourage everyone to join us for it...there's a prize and it will be a lot of discussion, competition and fun this next week. It's gonna be GREAT!

Watch for the announcement late this afternoon!

Jessica :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,152 Member
    Options
    The July Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Jul 9th. Join us for the Veg Out Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10894466/july-week-2-group-challenge-veg-out-challenge#latest

Come to the chat room and get registered...good luck!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    @micki48 Beware the Fitbit Secret Temperature Security Police! They know all, they will find you! That is so wonderfully weird. But I hope your device gets all charged up and ready to go. Enjoy your celebrations with your hubby - birthday and 40 years together. Congratulations!
    PW: 194.8
    CW: 192.4

I decided to weigh myself every morning this week while accurately logging my meals to see, if anything, a trend. For the last 7 days, my net average was 1,678 calories, with only Thursday being my “green” day for staying under in my calorie goals. I have essentially stayed flat this month, weight wise, so as I prep for the rest of July and some upcoming vacations, it’s going to be important for me to modify more where I can to see that scale move.
    I like your methodological approach! And it certainly looks like this week was anything but flat - 2.4 pounds down! Keep it steady now - not too fast :smiley:

I'm having trouble getting my workouts in these days - the heat! Once I get in from the garden work or horse exercise, I am useless. I feel the difference, though - targeted muscle work makes me feel so good, and I miss it! Heat, heat go away...
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    yxvq4zrtdnb3.jpeg

@ashleycarole86 i bet you can tell when my Fitbit broke. No records here but at least I can add a few steps to the team total.

The fix of a warmer charging spot did not work. It appeared to fully charge and as soon as I took it off the charger, it said 1%. Darn.

Today was a very sedentary afternoon. Cleaned house this morning. Binge watched a show this pm. I haven’t left my house except to water plant outside before it rained. 😂
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    Thanks @micki48
    If you happen to have Jun 25-Jul 1 I'll still take those too.. will be working on the report shortly! If not, no biggie.
  • jugar
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 You go girl! Fantastic that you are doing this :heart:
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 good luck tomorrow! You will do great! 🚴🏼‍♀️
  • jugar
    Options
    Last Call! Weigh-ins for July Week 1:

@graceojo999
    @EvMakesChanges
    @IDebraK
    @trisha33r

Get those posted by tally time - about 10 hours from now. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.