WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon @ashleycarole86 - and that you take all the rest time you need. Healing is hard work too!

We are definitely coming out of a tough week - lots of people struggling. Hang in there! Take a deep breath and get that one perfect day soon. Let that pull you right up the same way a bad snack can pull you down.

Sunday folks! You're on -
    @YinxFed
    @project_shan
    @healthygirlintransit
    @strong_fit_ells
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

9abeai5kxv28.png
    z6jbxjt4w0bo.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    goyar1mjlfhp.png

By Pounds
    fhoigc5nny8b.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    bkcoyiydzj71.png
    q713tzr9f51f.png

By Pounds
    31pb5je83lbo.png

Team Winners
    3c9q0dvuuqbj.png
  • healthygirlintransit
    healthygirlintransit Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    With August swiftly approaching do we sign up again for the challenge or do we get to continue with the team we are on?
  • jugar
    Options
    I made it home! It feels good to be in the cooler temps, even if the deer flies greeted me upon my arrival and the groundhog had eaten some of my kale...

I'm getting the sign-ups for August posted - if you have any friends you'd like to invite, or if you're on a discussion forum where it looks like someone might need something like this, feel free to share the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10895482/registration-for-new-members-august-2023#latest

you don't need to sign up again if you're already here! If even anyone wants to try a different team, change weigh-in days, or anything else, just let me know.
  • jugar
    Options
    With August swiftly approaching do we sign up again for the challenge or do we get to continue with the team we are on?

You are automatically in with us for as long as you want to be! No need to do anything. If you want to change teams or anything, just let me know.
  • jugar
    Options
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989 Oh I know Duck Donuts! They are hard to resist especially warm. I understand that one.

@ashleycarole86 So sorry to hear you have COVID again. Hope you are feeling better and strong soon.

@jugar. Sounds like a lovely trip with your dad. It’s so great that you are spending this time with him.

I am in a funk too. Very little motivation. So many good habits out the window. I’m just doing whatever I want. No logging. Clothes are getting tight. Body hurts. Ugh. My weight jumped up last summer too after we moved up here. No it’s trending up again. It’s no mystery. No exercise. Not following good habits. I just don’t care enough to do it or I’m tired of it. I don’t know.

I need a kick start. @Kali225 I need a wake up call like you because my family has a history of heart disease and high blood pressure.

Hope I can get motivated to reel it in.
  • micki48
    Options
    Steps +
    j0ui4z9bzxzy.jpeg

Hope you’re feeling better today @ashleycarole86

@Gidgitgoescrzy You are not a bad teammate (no worse than me) You are ALWAYS welcome here. Glad you feel you have it together. I’m working on that mindset but not there yet.

Going to go log my breakfast now.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 249 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Here are my step counts and exercise for last week:

Sunday, 7/16: 1,007 steps - rest day and again I felt like poo
    Monday, 7/17: 8,987 steps - 45 minutes of spin class, one 15 minute walk, 15 minutes of shooting hoops
    Tuesday, 7/18: 8,755 steps - one hour of CrossFit, two 15-minute walks
    Wednesday, 7/19: 8,515 steps - 35 minutes of spin class, one 15-minute walk, 15 minutes of shooting hoops
    Thursday, 7/20: 8,805 steps - one hour of CrossFit, one 15-minute walk, 15 minutes of shooting hoops
    Friday, 7/21: 7,938 steps - one hour of spin class, one hour of CrossFit, 15 minutes of shooting hoops
    Saturday, 7/22: 15,290 steps - went on a 2.82 mile hike with the hubby and dogs - it was gorgeous!

I stuck to my goals pretty well throughout the week considering it included hosting customers to a steak dinner, a crew lunch, being out every night except the one night I planned, and watching the U.S. Women's World Cup game. However, I went off the rails a bit over the weekend. After the hike, the hubby and I went out to a new taco bar in town. Later that night, I was hungry, but not up for cooking so I broke down and had Wendy's. Also, many beers after the hike... at least they were lite beers. Then, cookies yesterday because I had to sample as I baked them for our neighbor. I weighed in today just to see the impact those bad choices had on my weight. I'm up 2.8 lbs. :#

Needless to say, I am not looking forward to my official weigh-in tomorrow.
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi Guys, I know I am a terrible teammate, but I think I might finally have it together, and would like to rejoin, for August... :) Would that be okay ?

Absoposilutely! It would be great. You'll have to promise to be clever and hilarious from time to time, though - I know you can do it! So post your chosen weigh-in day and your starting weight on that day this week, and you'll be on the list!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen those are beautiful pictures! Remind me where that was?

I did a body combat class and I am so sore today! Plus, I may have slept wrong last night so the right side of my upper back is hating me right now. Took some medicine and used some ice today which helped, but I am not going to body pump tonight. It's crazy how it makes me sad I can't workout, so different from even a year ago!
  • jugar
    Options
    CarolAnnM2 wrote: »
    It’s small loss but I did have my best week ever of exercise and my scale shows a small increase in muscle mass so, I’ll take it 😁
    Oh YES! We'll always take those. Muscle mass is the best :smiley:
    I stuck to my goals pretty well throughout the week considering it included hosting customers to a steak dinner, a crew lunch, being out every night except the one night I planned, and watching the U.S. Women's World Cup game. However, I went off the rails a bit over the weekend. After the hike, the hubby and I went out to a new taco bar in town. Later that night, I was hungry, but not up for cooking so I broke down and had Wendy's. Also, many beers after the hike... at least they were lite beers. Then, cookies yesterday because I had to sample as I baked them for our neighbor. I weighed in today just to see the impact those bad choices had on my weight. I'm up 2.8 lbs. :#

Needless to say, I am not looking forward to my official weigh-in tomorrow.
    The photos are gorgeous! And if you only put on a couple of pounds while doing all those things, you are doing OK! More hiking and less Wendy's, beer, and cookies and you'll be golden.
    micki48 wrote: »
    I am in a funk too. Very little motivation. So many good habits out the window. I’m just doing whatever I want. No logging. Clothes are getting tight. Body hurts. Ugh. My weight jumped up last summer too after we moved up here. No it’s trending up again. It’s no mystery. No exercise. Not following good habits. I just don’t care enough to do it or I’m tired of it. I don’t know.

I need a kick start. @Kali225 I need a wake up call like you because my family has a history of heart disease and high blood pressure.

Hope I can get motivated to reel it in.
    Don't wait for a scary diagnosis to hit you - the tight clothes and the lack of energy are a good kick start. Not to mention "Body hurts" :grimace: You feel tired and sick of it because your body is not getting what it needs - movement! A fun book to read is Move Your DNA by Katy Bowman - but you know what you need to know. Cleaner food, move more, and the joy will return. It might take a bit of time, but you can do it! Can you find a movement buddy nearby?

• micki48
    Options
    @lauren_989 you know, I'm not sure I ever really said where I am from. I live in SW Colorado. These pictures are from a hike we did at 12,000 feet (approx. 3,658m) elevation, on top of the La Plata mountain range.

Those photos are gorgeous! I have a very good friend who lives out that way. She is in Montrose. Is that near you?

@jugar I know you’re right. At least I hope you’re right. The body hurts are not fun. I would love to have it disappear with proper food and exercise. I’m afraid it’s just aging and post menopausal because that’s REALLY when my joints starting hurting so bad. My hip has been hurting for a year! I thought it might be my new bed because it’s REALLY bad at night and wakes me up. That doesn’t help either. I am awake almost every hour of the night. It’s also real bad when I go from sitting to trying to walk. It takes a bit before it moves without trouble. I think it’s more inflammatory and muscle related rather than actual hip joint. One thing I do in bed to relieve the pain is pull my leg backwards until my foot hits my bottom. Whatever that’s stretching, it helps a bit.

You are right my eating is way off. Eating out a lot. (Again tomorrow with some friends for lunch which doesn’t happen often and is a real treat!) Today was not a perfect day but I perfectly (as much as you can) logged my food. No wonder I’m gaining!!! By lunch I had no calories left! It was BAD and UGLY but is is logged and made me face that I’m not just eating a little over but quite a bit. After dinner I think I was over 2400 calories, but I logged all day and that the first time in ages. I guess you have to start somewhere.

Then my husband, who would also like to lose 40-50 pounds says, but it’s not enough to eat well to lose, you have to do it forever. We’re older. Food has become our fun.

I distinctly remember my mom saying food was her only fun. She struggled with her weight until her death at 69 from heart failure and pneumonia. I don’t want that to happen for me, but I don’t want to have “no fun” either. It’s so hard to balance that. I’m 59 and my husband is 69. It’s hard to change.

We have been walking my grand to the park nearby this week. Helps me get to my target steps but I know it’s not enough.

I haven’t closed out my diary yet but I will. It ain’t pretty friends, but if you want to see how to not lose, take a peek. It’s my truth lately. No denying it!

Stay strong Waistaways.

This discussion has been closed.