WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Wow, everyone is busy - what an amazing group of people! I am feeling peeved along with @PlaneMonkey that your blasted Garmin freezes up when you get sweaty playing hockey (rude!), and I hope that does not also happen when you are splashing your moves all over the dance floor! Have a great time in Montréal, even if there will be plenty of eating out in a city with great food. Vegetables! Go for vegetables!

@lauren_989 I wish you strength to resist the dreaded Parent Freezer and Pantry! It is so easy to fall into sampling the wares while actually looking for something to do :grimace: I am sure we all feel your pain! You'll get back to the good habits soon, I'm sure.

@39flavours I'm so sorry you feel like you have lost the mojo this month - don't forget that you have lost 37.6 pounds, and only put back 0.4 this month. That sounds pretty good to me! Taking some time as a plateau helps you adjust to where you have gotten to, gives those finite motivation muscles a bit of a break, and gets you ready to jump back into the fray soon. Just don't forget to jump! Pick the date for the "one perfect day" and that will get you back into those good feelings again.

@wdalzell5401 sounds like you really have your dad's back! He is lucky to have you there for sure. Those cupboards and their infinite contents sound like quite the challenge - but you're doing it! WTG.

I'm hopping on the bike :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Time for the Saturday folks to get ready - last weigh-in of the month!
    @IDebraK
    @zankash23
    @veronica1359

and a few outstanding people (in all the meanings)
    @MoonlitMuse
    @micki48
    @conleywoods hopefully I did not miss that you were supposed to be excused this week - you were last week, and maybe it was supposed to be for 2 weeks?

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    Our August team chat is open! Please continue weigh-ins and exercise stats through Saturday here, and go to the new month for (re)introductions and setting goals and actions -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10896012/waistaways-team-chat-august-2023/p1?new=1
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    PW 243.2
    CW 245.8

I've lost some of my vacation gain but obviously not all of it. All of the chocolate purchased on vacation is gone. The trip was wonderful and I have had a pretty laid back week back home. Absolutely no focus on weight loss. I have been active but no food logging. Need to get myself focused again but that sounds like work. I am just going to start logging and hope my motivation follows.
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    PW: 153.8
    CW: 153.4

Sun- 10812
    Mon: 5112
    Tue- 11520
    Wed - 11944
    Thur - 2000
    Fri - 15895
    Sat - 1775
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's ....Another new member joining your wonderful team .. Please welcome @asmallerlea :)
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi WA's ....Another new member joining your wonderful team .. Please welcome @asmallerlea :)

Welcome @asmallerlea ! I see from the sign-up that you hope to join a team with women over 50 working on weight loss. Well, you are certainly in the right place! We do have younger people in here for sure, but there are several over 50s and you will be in good company. Tell us about yourself and ask any questions you may have - we'll get you up and running in no time.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Weigh in (late again) actually didn’t remember until after I was dressed and had breakfast.

PW 211 (I think)
    CW 210.7

Teeny tiny loss but I’ll take it. I was doing really well logging then got derailed on Day 4. I think I let the scale get me down. I got on midweek and was up to 213 something!!! Not funny. It got to me and yet I know, it’s just a number. Because a couple days later and it’s down. @PlaneMonkey You are so right about keeping things moving. I remember one of our former members pointing out that that number represents everything in us. Bones, water, food, 💩. It fluctuates every day.

I’m feeling a bit low today. Not sure exactly why. My best friend told me a few months back that she was struggling with turning 59. I had all these wise words for her that I myself need to revisit. Because I am there now. Then I was reading a summer read for school on community and read a part that stated people who are connected to a community or communities live longer. I was sad at first because, having moved, I don’t feel I have a lot of community. Then I remembered THIS community. Although we have never met in person, you are my community. We are friends who care about and support each other and many of us have been together several years. I think I’ve been here four years now. So thank you for being a community for me. I hope we give you what you give me.
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    PW=78,2Kg
    CW=79,0Kg

Steps -23-29
    Sunday -3,170
    Monday - 6,344
    Tuesday -6,769
    Wednesday -3,736
    Thursday - 8,960
    Friday - 8,406
    Saturday - 4,643
  • jugar
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @micki48 you are so right! Even if this is not an ideal community where we can drop in for tea or take a walk together, it sure helps. I'm here to let you know that the 60s are pretty danged amazing. I'll be leaving them in January which kind of freaks me out a bit, but it has been really good! You too, hang in there and work on those things you can change or improve. Letting go or giving up is not an option :smiley: Hugs flying your way

Jasper and I had an easy ride today (yesterday's was a real sweat fest!) - I got him some hoof boots so that the crazy rough gravel roads here don't hurt his feet. It was the first time, so we just went for about a half hour. He got used to them pretty fast and I think he was quite surprised that he could step on those sharp rocks and they didn't hurt! I'm looking forward to nice long rides on the endless country roads - and no bruised soles for Mr. J.

So this is the last day of our July chat. It was a bit of a slow month - but there were lots of vacations, heatwaves, floods, travel, and life happening. We had 2 weeks of gains, and it looks like 2 weeks of losses as a team (if the last few weigh-ins are on the good side :tongue: ).

I think it is a good idea to look at August and think about what is reasonable to get us all moving in the direction of strength and health without making it feel like deprivation and drudgery. Base goals on how great it will feel, the joy, pride, and all those good things. Change thoughts about what actually gives us comfort and go catch some of that. It isn't pleasure food that we can't stop eating - but it is feeling healthy and clear. Go to the August thread and post some actions and experiments - let's see what works!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10896012/waistaways-team-chat-august-2023#latest
  • jugar
    Options
    LAST CALL!

Final weigh-ins for Week 4 July - have them in within then next 12 hours please:
    @MoonlitMuse
    @IDebraK

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.