Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 7/2: 13,465
    Mon 7/3: 15,206
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,124 Member
    Options
    85dzhlzoh9dm.png

Only 5 participants in our Step Challenge this month?!!!! SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!

Where is everybody?!! Join us...get your walk on and WALK (it) OFF LIKE A BOSS!!!

Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Challenged myself to hitting my step goal and an indoor 5k before noon today and I finished at 11:11am while also cleaning my kitchen and bathroom!! Feels good to be active and thank God for fans and AC too!

Hope you’re all having a wonderful day! Stay hydrated! 😊

Jessica
  • JScottJr1988
    JScottJr1988 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! My name is Sterling. I’m new to the group. I’ve been in this challenge before, and I’m back to maintain. My fitness goals are to lose 10lbs. I go to One Life fitness all the time. I used a different scale at the gym instead of my at home scale. If you could change my starting wieght to 206lbs. That is my accurate weight in the gym. Wish you the best on your fitness goals!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal, Sterling! 🎉🎉🎉 I am struggling a bit with maintenance now that everyone is socializing more.

I also set a goal to lose 10 pounds. I’d like to return to my goal weight by the end of September but it will likely take until the end of 2023.

Welcome to the Shape Shifters group!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,239 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    In case some of you Garmin users are unaware:

Each month there's challenge to hit 300,000 steps. There is also a challenge to hit 10,000 steps/day for 30 consecutive days. Obviously, if you can manage the second starting at the beginning of the month, you'll also complete the first. But 10,000 steps per day for 30 days in a row can be a challenge (no pun intended). But this month, there is also a challenge to do 10,000 steps for only 10 days in a row (it's one of four Disney-sponsored challenges this year). So check it out...

It's called Step into the Disney Magic
    Join this Disney 100 Years of Wonder challenge and record 10,000 steps a day in 10 consecutive days in July.
    pmzcsi4q0e0m.png
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    alleykat69 wrote: »
    I don't see the link to "Beat the Heat Challenge ".

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10893914/july-week-1-group-challenge-beat-the-heat#latest

They're always on the main Fat2Fit page under ANNOUNCEMENTS, but it was on page one of the July thread too...
    Jessica

thank you
  • alleykat69
    Options
    alleykat69 wrote: »
    steps for Tuesday 2688
    28th Wednesday 2520
    29th Thursday 3104
    30th Friday 2712
    1st Saturday 4160

weigh in: Sunday
    PW:199.4
    CW199.4

@alleykat69 always please include the date on your list of step counts...especially when we're switching from one month to the next. Thanks!

I show your PW as 198.4. Was that incorrect?
    Jessica

no you got it right.
  • alleykat69
    Options
    steps for:
    Sunday 2nd 2825
    Monday 3rd 10630
    Tuesday 4th 11626
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,795 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-175.8
    Current weight-177.6
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,795 Member
    Options
    Hollo everyone, hope everyone had a good and safe 4th of July. We celebrated Saturday, so yesterday I did absolutely nothing.

I would like to join back on the step challenge, I need to start making myself more accountable. I still have a bum foot, do my goal is only 8,000 steps for now

7/1-9,777
    7/2-9,346
    7/3-9,027
    7/4-6,321
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »
    Long post....

I live near Swallow Cliff - a forest preserve in Cook County, Illinois. It has hills, ravines, lakes, trees, etc. I call it "the stairs." There are 125 limestone stairs. These were constructed in 1930 by the Civilian Conservation Corps. These stairs lead to the top of a former toboggan run on Swallow Cliff's 100-foot bluff.

I did the stairs this past Friday. I did a couple trips up and down. Then went for a short walk on the path to cool down. My calves are feeling it yesterday and today.

I'm struggling with what to do with myself today. I've got alot of chores to do. Statistics homework. I want to finish a book I am reading for therapy. I'm trying to read and I can't focus 100% because I am ruminating - I have PTSD/depression/anxiety. One way to help overcome the rumination is to get out of my mind and into my body. I'd love to take my pup for a walk - we've got some heavy rain here today. I am thinking of going to the gym to help with the rumination even though this will take time away from me working on my to-do list. But the rumination is stealing my time. Thank you - if you read all of that.

I think that I'm going to focus on my activity goals and get to the gym. I will keep it a light workout considering my calves are sore.

I get depressed and the ptsd. I have those issues as well. One thing that's always helped me this time of year is gardening even if it takes away from something on my to do list. You've got to be mentally healthy not just physically healthy. While these issues will surface from time to time, remember you are in control.

I garden as well. I think I need to re-frame the gardening. I might be thinking of it as a chore vs a relaxing hobby.
    Yes, you are right - overall health. <3
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    ganival wrote: »
    Zaxa2021 wrote: »
    Zaxa2021 Weigh in

Weigh-in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 146.2
    CW: 147.4

Weight Gain: 1.2 lbs

The gain is not surprising, due to PMSing on top of a day of a little splurging for the holiday. It's still disappointing though. The weight is definitely not coming off the way I want it to. I'm getting slightly frustrated with the very slow progress.

So my goal for the next week is to log everything. I hate logging, I find it tedious and annoying, but it is time to do it anyway. I'm also going to try to up the intensity of my workouts a little. Hopefully I'll see something more exciting next week.

I am also struggling with logging right now, you're not alone. I prefer to cook a meal from scratch rather than eat a nicely labelled and portioned packaged food. I know you can log a full recipe into meals but that would require me to weigh out ingredients etc...and I just can't be bothered as I don't often cook the same meal. Therefore when I eat my home cooked food, I'm guesstimating quite a bit on the portion size and calories, plus picking a random closely related item I can find in the database. Since I know accuracy is way off, mentally I stop wanting to track.

Seems like eating a frozen burrito is much easier to track but that is not what I want to eat right now. le sigh.

Hang in there and working out a bit more is a good plan!

I also struggle with the logging. I cook from scratch. It takes much longer to weigh everything - the ingredients and the finished product. Trying to get all those measurements adds steps and can create more dishes. I also like to try new foods/recipes. I've been trying to keep some of my cooking simple so I can log easier and not have to worry about creating a recipe.
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    Steps - Daily Goal is 7,000
    Cyncia1028

Sun July 2 = 9,298 :smile: over goal
    Mon July 3 = 8,104 :smile: over goal
    Tues July 4 = 3,548 :neutral: Did not meet goal. Not too active because I spent the day at my Uncle's for 4th of July celebration. It was a hot
  • JScottJr1988
    JScottJr1988 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Username: JSScottJr1988
    Weigh in Day:Wednesday
    PW: 206
    CW:206.8
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 and @pupowl I'm heading on vacation for the next two weeks and won't be as likely to remember to post my steps. I'll look to re-join the step challenge in August. Can I also pass on my weigh-ins for the next two Fridays? Thanks for keeping us all organized!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »
    ganival wrote: »
    Zaxa2021 wrote: »
    Zaxa2021 Weigh in

Weigh-in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 146.2
    CW: 147.4

Weight Gain: 1.2 lbs

The gain is not surprising, due to PMSing on top of a day of a little splurging for the holiday. It's still disappointing though. The weight is definitely not coming off the way I want it to. I'm getting slightly frustrated with the very slow progress.

So my goal for the next week is to log everything. I hate logging, I find it tedious and annoying, but it is time to do it anyway. I'm also going to try to up the intensity of my workouts a little. Hopefully I'll see something more exciting next week.

I am also struggling with logging right now, you're not alone. I prefer to cook a meal from scratch rather than eat a nicely labelled and portioned packaged food. I know you can log a full recipe into meals but that would require me to weigh out ingredients etc...and I just can't be bothered as I don't often cook the same meal. Therefore when I eat my home cooked food, I'm guesstimating quite a bit on the portion size and calories, plus picking a random closely related item I can find in the database. Since I know accuracy is way off, mentally I stop wanting to track.

Seems like eating a frozen burrito is much easier to track but that is not what I want to eat right now. le sigh.

Hang in there and working out a bit more is a good plan!

I also struggle with the logging. I cook from scratch. It takes much longer to weigh everything - the ingredients and the finished product. Trying to get all those measurements adds steps and can create more dishes. I also like to try new foods/recipes. I've been trying to keep some of my cooking simple so I can log easier and not have to worry about creating a recipe.

@Cyncia85 @Zaxa2021
    The good thing is that if you're like most of us and you tend to cook the same things repetitively, once you enter all of your ingredients and store YOUR RECIPES, they'll remain there and then you just log from your recipes list in MFP. I envy that you have the time to cook from scratch...good for you!!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.