Shape Shifters Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    @Bumbinella - Welcome back! I’m glad to hear your soul was rejuvenated and you enjoyed your holiday!

I’m also striving for balance so I can sustain better habits as a way of living, rather than a temporary goal. I’m looking forward to a day when it doesn’t take so much conscious effort and thinking throughout the day.

I’m taking a vacation in August and might try a break from daily logging to see if I can tune into my body’s natural rhythms better.

I hope everyone is doing well. Congratulations to all the step challenge participants for continuing through the summer! Best wishes Shape Shifters!
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    7/10
    PW 176.1
    CW 176.4

Steps
    7/9. 13,905
    7/10 11,935
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    My steps
    7/9 9,947
    7/10 7,846
    7/11 7,519

@izzyred9400 Missing your steps for the 8th...went back, but last posting was 2nd - 7th. Please let me know.
    Jess

Sorry Jessica,7/8 7,846
    When I wrote them down I put the wrong day for the date,still in holiday mode 🤔
    Hopefully getting my Garmin watch back in the next few days.Im missing doing the challenges.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,239 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 7/9: 10,235
    Mon 7/10: 16,265
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,795 Member
    Options
    7/8-7,847
    7/9-10,703
    7/10-10,505
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,795 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I hope everyone's week is off to a good start. I worked the past 2 days, I work overnight tonight, so for today I am taking it easy, trying to rest my foot, I'm almost positive I have tendinitis in my right foot (i have been to the doctor, and the doctor didnt seen to take me too serious and said its a bunnionette, except the pain doesnt match the diagnosis and all the things at are suppose to help that doesnt help at all), and last week I way over did it and my foot was hurting really bad, so trying to rest it while I can. I did workout this morning, opting for the bike instead of the treadmill to avoid irritating my foot more, and a small weight lifting workout. Hopefully I can keep the momentum going.
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Texanmom8152
    Weigh Day Tuesday
    PW 204.4
    CW 204.8
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,124 Member
    Options
    @Bumbinella - Welcome back! I’m glad to hear your soul was rejuvenated and you enjoyed your holiday!

I’m also striving for balance so I can sustain better habits as a way of living, rather than a temporary goal. I’m looking forward to a day when it doesn’t take so much conscious effort and thinking throughout the day.

I’m taking a vacation in August and might try a break from daily logging to see if I can tune into my body’s natural rhythms better.

I hope everyone is doing well. Congratulations to all the step challenge participants for continuing through the summer! Best wishes Shape Shifters!

@PatriceFitnessPal Do you want to be excused for August or go into the Support team, if you think your break might be longer? Just let us know. I hope you're looking forward to your vacation. I'm taking a week off, the 2nd week of Aug, but not traveling, just not working...love staying home, relaxing, walking and spending time with my Betty! Just let me know how you want it handled...

Jessica
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    alleykat69 wrote: »
    steps for:
    Wednesday 5th 13473
    Thursday 6th 3293
    Friday 7th 4272
    Saturday 8th 10912

@Alleykat69 and @Walela617 What's your daily step goal this month?
    Jessica

I'm working on 5000 daily
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    weigh in: Sunday
    PW: 199.4
    CW: 199.8

Steps for Sunday 9th 12261
    Monday 10th 13327

• Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Cyncia1028 Steps
    Goal = 7,000 steps a day

Sun July 9 = 7,880 :smile: over goal
    Mon July 10 = 11,198 :smile: over goal
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    On Monday I did a walk and jog for 1.96 miles. I spotted this beauty...

kaovnw4i83hy.jpg
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options

@PatriceFitnessPal Do you want to be excused for August or go into the Support team, if you think your break might be longer? Just let us know. I hope you're looking forward to your vacation. I'm taking a week off, the 2nd week of Aug, but not traveling, just not working...love staying home, relaxing, walking and spending time with my Betty! Just let me know how you want it handled...

Jessica

Thanks for checking, @Jessicakrall8 - I’ll just ask to be excused for August. Yes — I’m looking forward to our family vacation to Bar Harbor, Maine. We’re staying close to Acadia State Park and then spending a few days in Boston before attending a family wedding on the Cape (Cod). My husband’s niece is getting married so we’ll be spending the weekend in Dennis Port.

I’ve been spending a lot of time with my younger son this summer, which has been great, and it will be fun to meet up with our older son during the trip.

I stay-cation sounds wonderful, too! Enjoy your walks, books, Betty, and relaxing time off from work!

I’d love to plan an uninterrupted week of decluttering and deep cleaning, actually. It helps me regulate my emotions and re-set after finishing a few heavy work tasks, recently. I’m going to try to get some uninterrupted time on my calendar soon. I hope everyone is doing well.

• PatriceFitnessPal
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I’m sorry to hear you’re still dealing with a sore foot and no clear diagnosis, @angmarie28! How frustrating! I think you probably know more than the doctor, with all your nursing experience and the fact that you know your body best. It sounds like the doctor should be prescribing paid sick leave for you to rest and recover. I hope it heals soon!

That bright yellow butterfly against the vibrant green made me smile, @Cyncia85. Thanks for sharing it and good job on your walk!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In
    PW: 158.2
    CW: 160.2
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @frankwbrown - I admire your dedication and renewed commitment. It was interesting to read about your process for giving up old ways of thinking that no longer fit with your identity. I appreciate you sharing your reflections! I came across this quote about resetting our minds and becoming more open to new ideas, so I thought I’d share it here:

2rr1vbquciaz.png
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Thinking of you during the summer heat, @pupowl. I hope you are starting to see results from your garden after all the hard work you put in during the spring months! 😓👨‍🌾🍅🥒
This discussion has been closed.