Shape Shifters Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• ganival
    ganival Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose Congratulations!! Very happy for you and just know that you inspire us all!

ganival
    friday
    pw 174.4
    cw 175.4
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose congrats!! That’s awesome!! Such an accomplishment!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I have some kind of exciting news.... It almost doesn't feel real. But ... I've reached my goal weight of 135! This morning was the 3d day in a row. I'm going to try and lose a couple more pounds to give myself some cushion.

SavageMrsMoose
    Friday Weigh Ins
    PW: 136.2
    CW: 134.6

Total loss to date: 38 pounds

That’s fantastic!! Congratulations 🎉 🎉🎉! Keep up the good work!
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 188.5
    CW 188.0

I’ve let my focus slip. I need to eat more protein and less junk, and focus on more water, and watching for fullness cues.

Any ideas on water enhancers that don’t taste sweet? I’ve weaned myself off of soft drinks and only drink coffee, tea and water. I like True Lemon, but that’s hard to find sometimes. I use a lemon wedge or lemon juice or other things like berries or cucumber but I’m getting bored! So far everything I’ve tried is sweet, like crystal light and I’d prefer not to encourage a craving for sweet drinks again. Also, I don’t care for carbonated drinks. Would appreciate any ideas!
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    cre804 wrote: »
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 188.5
    CW 188.0

I’ve let my focus slip. I need to eat more protein and less junk, and focus on more water, and watching for fullness cues.

Any ideas on water enhancers that don’t taste sweet? I’ve weaned myself off of soft drinks and only drink coffee, tea and water. I like True Lemon, but that’s hard to find sometimes. I use a lemon wedge or lemon juice or other things like berries or cucumber but I’m getting bored! So far everything I’ve tried is sweet, like crystal light and I’d prefer not to encourage a craving for sweet drinks again. Also, I don’t care for carbonated drinks. Would appreciate any ideas!

Have you tried the MiO squirt bottles? I like those because you can dial back the flavoring or increase it depending upon your preference.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,122 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I have some kind of exciting news.... It almost doesn't feel real. But ... I've reached my goal weight of 135! This morning was the 3d day in a row. I'm going to try and lose a couple more pounds to give myself some cushion.

SavageMrsMoose
    Friday Weigh Ins
    PW: 136.2
    CW: 134.6

Total loss to date: 38 pounds

WELCOME TO...

238abv9w4off.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!! So proud of you!

Jessica

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat weigh in
    PW 138
    CW 143.6
    I expected a gain after a long holiday.Ive been back a few days so have got straight back on the wagon.
    I would like to join the step challenge for July please @jessicakrall8 .Sorry to give you a long list for my steps.
    I have been using Google Fit to record my steps using my phone so not as accurate as my garmin watch.Thankfully I've sent my Garmin back for a free replacement as it was still under guarantee.
    My steps
    7/2 3,994
    7/3 5,483
    7/4 9,690
    7/5 10,081
    7/6 9,028
    7/7 7.450
    Great to catch up on everyone's posts.Congratulations @SavageMrsMoose well done on getting at your goal weight,I bet you're feeling on top of the world 😄
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose Congratulations!!!!
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

Have you tried the MiO squirt bottles? I like those because you can dial back the flavoring or increase it depending upon your preference.

I did pick one up a couple weeks ago and I didn’t care for it. May need to try another flavor.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,794 Member
    Options
    7/5-10,784
    7/6-7,304
    7/7-7,646
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,794 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone! Any fun plans this weekend? I think just chores for me. I need to clean the pool, and clean my house. My husband is working on siding our house so I will help him too when he needs it.
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 188.5
    CW 188.0

Cre804
    Friday
    PW 188.5
    CW 188.0

I’ve tried tea infusions, some brands will make a tea bag just for cold brewing or you can pick a berry or fruit zinger type. Adding mint leaves or a mint tea bag to tru lemon helps.

If you live near a Korean grocery store ask for roasted barley or corn tea bags. I know it sounds weird but it has a nice toasty flavour and it’s meant to be drunk cold… I think. Amazon might have too.

Finally, watered down kombucha is great. Some brands really don’t have a sweetness and they are more acidic. I like to dilute them in water. HTH!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hey y'all:
    Getting ready to head out and run some errands, but wanted to drop a little teaser before I leave. Got my creative juices flowing this week and I have a very exciting CONTEST for the July Week 2 Group Challenge.

I'll pop in once I get everything all set up and am ready to open the chat thread, but I hope you'll start talking to your friends and encourage everyone to join us for it...there's a prize and it will be a lot of discussion, competition and fun this next week. It's gonna be GREAT!

Watch for the announcement late this afternoon! If you trust your old crazy challenge Captain, go ahead and sign up now...I dare ya!!

Jessica :smiley:
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    STEPS
    7/6 12,641
    7/7 12,295
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The July Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Jul 9th. Join us for the Veg Out Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10894466/july-week-2-group-challenge-veg-out-challenge#latest

Come to the chat room and get registered...good luck!
    Jessica :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.