Downsizers Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
edited July 2023 in Social Groups
ru07ck3u0xdu.png
Here is your Team chat room for July 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @JaysFan82
Mission Slimpossible - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods & @cleaneater80
Shape Shifters - @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The July challenge runs for 4 weeks, from July 2 - 29. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,805 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hello Team Downsizers ....First I would like to welcome our new members @KatieBee098 ,@fabanddetermined, @Miltop53 to our amazing team ....I hope you enjoy it as much as I have ...I have been with this group for 3 years and absolutely love it ... I have been on and off of MFP since 2009 (I had a bad habit of giving up on myself and deleting my accounts..I promised myself that I would not give up on myself ever again(been on this screen name since 2018) Second let me introduce myself ... I am Megan and I am the co-captain of this marvelous team along with our amazing captain Linda..I am also one of the moderator's so if a problem arises please let me know so that I and the other moderator's can solve the problem ... Most of you newcomers have already met me since I am in charge of recruiting ...Now a little about me ... I was born in Alberta Canada..I was adopted as a baby...I have lived in California most of my life ... I would love to move to Colorado.. I am an animal lover... I have 2 dogs a German Shepherd named Dakota who is 5 years old this past October( and a Siberian Husky named Aspen who is also 5 years old this past December) ... I also have 2 grandma kitties Kylie 17 1/2 and Mocha 17 and a parrot named Petey (not sure who talks more him or myself LOL) I am a mom of 2 ..Alyssa who is 17 and graduated high school on June 9th ..I have home schooled her from day 1 .. She has been on honor roll every year who wants to be a veterinarian once she receives her diploma ... I have a son named Austin who is 23 married with 2 kids and was in the Navy now he is graduating the academy to be a cop.. I am a very proud mama :)

Now lets talk about the step challenge that I am in-charge of for our team ...If you want to be added please give me your name and a step pledge that you plan to hit daily and post your steps either daily or weekly (whatever is easiest for you) in here .... If you want to be removed , change your step goal , excused etc. please let me know ... I do have a converter chart where I can convert most exercise into steps ...On Sunday mornings I will put up a reminder of the people's steps I need ...

My Goals for July is to stay on keto ...drink 140 ounces of water daily .... ...meal prep with my daughter once a week, stay on IF and use my home gym 30 minutes a day 5 days a week... I have a lot of health issues... I am on new meds that make me not want to eat much ..I am a type 2 diabetic ... kidney stones ... 3 hernia surgeries ... a screw in my right foot due to stress fractures ... Left foot has arthritis in the ankle and I have quite a few bone spurs in the foot .. ... I also have tendonitis in my knees and I was born with hip dysplasia..As many of you know I am out of commission for who knows how long due to playing ball with the pups in the backyard and falling in one of the craters my dogs dug up...I broke my ankle in 2 places and tore tendons and ligaments ...I had surgery on 10/19 where I have a plate and 4 screws and I had an infection where one of the screws is ..... I had my 2nd foot surgery on 12/15 3rd foot surgery happened on 1/31 where he put a rod in my foot (which is giving me problems) yup I am mess LOL 4th surgery happened on 3/31/23 where I have 2 new rods in my leg and more screws in my foot 5th foot/leg surgery happening on 7/7/23 ...Yup I am a mess LOL

I am an open book so if you want to know more about me then just ask :) Let's have an awesome month and let's show the month of July who is boss :p Wishing everyone much success ..If anyone would like to add me as a friend please do :)
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Hey hey party people! Welcome new friends and happy to continue rollin with my old friends. I'm Nacho.. started with this fine bunch in April with my first weigh in at 630 lbs. Sitting around 539 now and hoping to hit around 525 lbs by the end of this month.

Let's lock in and get after it this month, yall. We got this! Let's lean on eachother and hit some friggin milestones. I'm hyped- Let's goooooooo!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,200 Member
    Options
    The July Week 1 Group Challenge is active and ready to begin on Sunday, July 2nd. Join us for the Beat the Heat Challenge, set your goals and participate in lively discussions and activity based upon your goal every day during the week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10893914/july-week-1-group-challenge-beat-the-heat#latest

Another great opportunity to meet others from all 5 Fat2Fit Teams and start July off right with an active fitness week! Hope to see you there!

Jessica :blush:
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,577 Member
    Options
    Let’s get to know each other!

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? Family? Pets? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb

5. What is your favourite way to workout? Any new workouts you would like to try this month?

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Housekeeping

Weigh In
    I will post a weigh in reminder every day. Please use the following format for reporting your weight as it makes it much easier to find. Let me know if you need to change your weigh in day or have to miss a week.

Username
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Daily Check In
    You can do this in any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. She will make a post with everything you need to know.

Weekly Group Challenge
    Each week there is a group challenge that runs from Sunday to Saturday. Jessica, one of the moderators, will post a link each week. Take time to check them out.

Introductions
    Take time to introduce yourself. It’s fun to get to know each other. If you have been on this journey for awhile tell us about your successes.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? Family? Pets? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.

My name is Linda. I am one of the team captains along with Megan @Megan_smartiepants1970. We have two team motivators, @slimmersixties and @jaysfan82. I am 59, married to a great guy and have 3 adult children. I live in London, Ontario but I am originally from Newfoundland. I have 4 beautiful granddaughters that range in age from 1 to 17. I have 2 very fat cats named Nick and Lady. I love to play cards, read and doing puzzles.

My health and my granddaughters pushed me. I was in therapy for my binge eating disorder and I realized my eating was going to kill me eventually. My diabetes was out of control and I had developed neuropathy from the diabetes.Also, my arthritis was getting bad and weight loss would take pressure off my joints. While there is no way to reverse the neuropathy, I have got my diabetes under control and have been insulin free for about 2 years.

When I think off triggers I know skipping meals, stress or lack of sleep will trigger binge eating. As for food triggers, potato chips are my downfall. I still have them on the weekend. My husband brings me home a small bag every Friday. That’s better than flowers to me. 😂

I just count calories. I do intermittent fasting but don’t fret if there is a situation when I can’t fast the full 16 hours.

5. What is your favourite way to workout? Any new workouts you would like to try this month?

I am still have a lack of motivation with exercise. I have a bad back and that along with my leg issues limit exercise. Swimming is the best exercise for me. I do mini walks. A few minutes at a time will add up. I hate using my walker so I tend not to do any longer walks. For a new workout I would love to work with someone to help me strength train. Maybe a physiotherapist????

I would love to reach goal this year. I haven’t picked a goal weight yet but I am getting close. As I am going on vacation in 2 days my mini goal is to maintain my weight for the next two weeks.

Support. This team is a great team.

Don’t give up. Whether you lose, gain or stay the same please report your weight. We are here to support you and help you overcome any obstacles. Be realistic when setting goals and your expectations about weight loss. We didn’t gain the weight in a day. Slow and steady wins the race.

• miltop53
    miltop53 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Again,Thanks for the welcome..
    I'm Jay. I've also been off,& on MFP for several years.. I'm originally from New Orleans. Now I live in a small(VERY SMALL)country town in Mississippi. Also,I'm 55yrs old,will be 56 on the 26 of this month..So I have a birthday coming up!! I'm a police officer who's looking forward to retiring in the next 21month(VERY EXCITED ABOUT THAT)..
    I have a 3yr old pug,that I have had since he was 5weeks old(MY BEST FRIEND)..
    I have beautiful kids which are all grown,& grand kids...
    My hobbies are: weightlifting(GETTING BACK INTO NOW),motorcycle riding,farming(VERY NEW & LEARNING),& Binge tv watching.....

The reason why I'm here this final time..
    I went to the Doctor several months ago. And the Doctor carefully explained to me that at 5'9" and 274Lbs I was on my way to being a Diabetic. Being my primary doctor,she knew my history,five years ago when the weight gain all started.. And she made it very clear to me that I could lose the weight. She gave me until OCT.26(MY NEXT VISIT) to be down a substantial amount,or she will have to put me on medication...

My triggers.....
    STRESS,SWEETS(I MAKE MY OWN ICECREAM)!!!! CRUISES(YOU CAN EAT ALL DAY AND NIGHT)!!
    I have learned to control my triggers... Still working on controlling the stress,but 2 out of 3 ain't bad...

Favorite Diet: Low Carb(not keto),IF...

Favorite workouts:Jogging,weightlifting,

Goals Month/Year: Down to 218-220Lbs

What I expect to gain from this team:Motivation & Momentum

WORDS of WISDOM:CONSISTENCY is the KEY.. EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT is SUCCESS...
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @miltop53
    Welcome. I was an insulin dependent diabetic. With weight loss I was able to come off insulin in September 2021. My last A1C was in the non diabetic range and it has been good for a few years. I am excited to see how you do before your next checkup.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 2,774
    Log food: ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    15 minutes of movement:❌✔️✔️✔️❌✔️❌
    Exercise: 3/4

Steps are terrible for yesterday. I did have a happy nap in middle of the day. Also, my husband folded the clothes. I usually put one thing away at a time and do a loop around the apartment for each clothing piece.

I will be away from July 3rd to the 14th. I will still be recording weights and doing the weight reminders. I will not be doing a daily check in and I won’t be weighing in as I have no access to a scale. I will try to comment on posts but if I don’t get to them all I am still cheering you on.

Have a great Sunday.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    please excuse me from the step challenge until I get back. I will start reporting my steps July 16th.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Smoke wasn't totally fine here. It was just so bloody hot and muggy.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Greg and I'm from Windsor Ontario Canada

I'm currently in Maintenance. I started my journey back in Feb 2022 at 388.6 pounds. I hit my goal of 235 in Feb 2023 but have lost an additional 18 pounds, sitting currently at 217.

I LOVE running. I've completed 4 5km races this year and have my next one in 6 days.

My diet is just Calories In/Calories Out. I eat carbs, protein etc...

My piece of advice is don't stop! There's week where the scale won't move. Review your diet and exercise but whatever you do don't stop!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am getting ready to set up the July week 1 step challenge .... Is there anybody that wants to be excused, added , change their step goal etc... Please let me know thanks .... For the new people if you want to be added please give me a step number that you plan to hit daily ... You can either post your steps daily or you can post them weekly which ever is easiest for you .. I will always post a Sunday reminder of the people's steps I need
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited July 2023
    Options
    pwuiv9m5z6av.png

Here is my friendly Sunday reminder of the people's steps I need for June Week 4.... Please have your steps in no later than Tuesday Evening July 4th so that I can post the results on Wednesday ..Thank you for your cooperation :)

@GirlOnTheRebound 6/25 - 7/1
    @Stacimfit 6/25 - 7/1
    @BlueBaron37 6/25 - 7/1

• rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Good morning team! Happy Canada Day and Happy Independence day. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Member: rwillems
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    PW: 284.6 lbs
    CW: 285.0 lbs

If that was 100 lbs lighter, I would be doing a good job at maintenance! But alas, not quite yet. Have paid great weekend.

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,322 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

223rvz4ebfqx.png
    yx9mslbmt68u.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    2wicyh6f2i6d.png

By Pounds
    gcqzvom7xngk.png

Individual Results