Perimenopause, age 49, show me I'm not an island!

Options
Sveltforlife
Sveltforlife Posts: 20 Member
edited July 2023 in Social Groups
Hi everyone, recently had hormone levels checked at physical and definitely in perimenopause. Started with hot flashes and minimal results for a lot of hard work exercises. Had started to give up!

Found a few people on YouTube and I'm reading a book that is helping me work on mindset which is definitely the best place to start and going through this phase of life!

Looking forward to interacting with and seeing what works for you all!!

Please touch base with me!

Replies

• GracePiercy
    GracePiercy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are not alone…less really is more (at least for me) when it comes to working out at 58. Several years ago I was doing HIIT several times a week, eating very little fat & carbs, got Covid, stayed on meds for a while…and my body just broke down. I ended up in the ER because it appeared I was having a stroke. Everything checked out ok, thank goodness but I’ve changed my wellness routine.
    I eat a balanced diet, focusing on getting enough protein. I manage my stress by meditation, Qigong, yoga and setting boundaries. I lift relatively heavy weights, walk daily, sometimes dance or get on the bike for variety.
    I have learned that eating less and exercising more is not the formula to lose weight anymore. In fact, in my case, it was counterproductive and dangerous.
    Hope this helps! Menopause is not for the weak 😳😊